PDA

View Full Version : Signing Bruener=No TE picked in draft

BuffaloRanger
03-04-2004, 08:03 PM
For all you that said the Bills need a pass catching TE...TD says you are stupid.

Bruener = Moore, basically. A better blocker? Probably. Won't add much to the passing game.

This signing would prove that TD/MM doesn't agree with all you that thought signing a stud TE was a priority.

No Ben Coates for DB.

Ebenezer
03-04-2004, 08:11 PM
is it official?

The Natrix
03-04-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm with you. I just don't understand the want for a TE, and a WR and DE for that matter. The Bills still need a concrete foundation (0-line, QB) before they can add a bunch of luxury picks.

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Don't worry. We're gonna get our OL fixed. It started with Villarrial, and it's only the second day of FA.

If Bruener comes cheap, why not bring him in. Get Vincent and we got the CB position covered. Kelsay is still improving at DE, and I think we'll be happy with what we see this season if he gets to start. Similar situation with Josh Reed, but it couldn't hurt bringing in a FA WR to challenge him.

At the draft, concentrate on a QB of the future and depth at OL. We'll be fine.

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 08:37 PM
sorry.. but mark campbell can catch.. and he can take a hell of a hit too.

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
sorry.. but mark campbell can catch.. and he can take a hell of a hit too.

Agreed!:up:

Bert102176
03-04-2004, 08:42 PM
I really like Campbell, but really really want Winslow Jr. but I don't see that happening

BidsJr
03-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Winslow is not worth the *****ing.

Tatonka
03-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
I really like Campbell, but really really want Winslow Jr. but I don't see that happening

the fact taht we may sign bruener will have no effect on if we draft a TE imho.. if winslow is there at 13, dont think we wont take him.. bruener is a role player.. winslow could play split out like a wr at times.. in the slot.. whatever.. he runs a 4.5

i dont think that ryan nuefield has such a hold on his job that we wont grab a guy in the draft if it is the right guy at the right spot.

JayWood
03-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Campbell is tough as nails I love the kid and only wished the idiot running the show last year would have called more plays to him

TigerJ
03-04-2004, 10:03 PM
The only thing Campbell can't do is stretch the field. I was hoping for a guy who could do that, but it's not going to happen. Bruener will help the power running. I think he's probably a little bigger and stronger than Moore, and a little younger too. It's conceivable that the Bills will still draft a TE, but it will be on day two and it will be to compete for the third spot (with Neufeld).

The Spaz
03-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
The only thing Campbell can't do is stretch the field. I was hoping for a guy who could do that, but it's not going to happen. Bruener will help the power running. I think he's probably a little bigger and stronger than Moore, and a little younger too. It's conceivable that the Bills will still draft a TE, but it will be on day two and it will be to compete for the third spot (with Neufeld).

Well if we get Ben Watson or Jason Peters there will be no competition with Neufield he will be gone!:snicker::up: