PDA

View Full Version : McNally was on WGR and he said something interesting...

Nighthawk
03-04-2004, 09:00 PM
He was asked about the positions that were set on the line and he mentioned that both tackles were set with Jennings & Williams. He also stated that Villarial (spelling?) is going to be the starting RG, but he said the other 2 positions are still open. Hmmm, it doesn't sound like the Bills are sold on Teague at center...could they possibly be thinking about signing somebody and then releasing Teague?

I thought that what he said really puts into question who else we may bring in here.

Romes
03-04-2004, 09:03 PM
The will bring Bober in to play center. Then they will cut teague and let Tucker and Sullivan fight it out for the LG spot. That is my prediction.

The_Philster
03-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Hmmm, it doesn't sound like the Bills are sold on Teague at center

And who says the team doesn't listen to the fans?
I'm thinking Sullivan at LG and maybe Bober at C?

AndreReed83
03-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Or maybe we'll draft somebody for center, like Grove or Leckey.

Nighthawk
03-04-2004, 09:10 PM
How much will the Bills save by cutting Teague??? Where's Clump?!?!?

Dozerdog
03-04-2004, 09:12 PM
They will LOSE $200 grand

Nighthawk
03-04-2004, 09:14 PM
$200 grand well spent! Get rid of him and bring in somebody who can actual play the position!

LtBillsFan66
03-04-2004, 09:16 PM
$200 grand well spent! Get rid of him and bring in somebody who can actual play the position!

How about keep him for depth?

Nighthawk
03-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Ok, as long as he isn't starting...I could live with that.

LtBillsFan66
03-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Man, this time last year, I was more concerned than I am now. If we get Bober and Vincent, we are just a few players away from a real solid team.

The draft will be icing on the cake.

justasportsfan
03-04-2004, 09:25 PM
What's John Fina been up to? Nah!

Nighthawk
03-04-2004, 09:38 PM
That's not even funny...OK, maybe a little!

lordofgun
03-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
What's John Fina been up to? Nah!

Where did you hear this? LINK PLEASE! :snicker:

Nighthawk
03-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Verrry funny!

TigerJ
03-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Teague will probably stay on as a backup if he can't beat out whomever the Bills bring in (Bober). At least he's versatile, having played a lot at tackle.

Goobylal
03-04-2004, 10:22 PM
He was asked about the positions that were set on the line and he mentioned that both tackles were set with Jennings & Williams. He also stated that Villarial (spelling?) is going to be the starting RG, but he said the other 2 positions are still open. Hmmm, it doesn't sound like the Bills are sold on Teague at center...could they possibly be thinking about signing somebody and then releasing Teague?

I thought that what he said really puts into question who else we may bring in here.
Yes, there is a God! That is music to my ears. I heard the Bills "were happy" with Teague and thought that McNally felt he could fix him. However I'm glad they're exploring other options. Bober would be nice.

BuffaloRanger
03-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Upgrade at C is long overdue. Teague is good for depth in that he can "back-up" C or G. He's a better option there (right now) than Tucker or Puccilo. Those guys might have futures, but if a starter goes down, I'd rather see Teague in there.

Goobylal
03-05-2004, 12:06 AM
The Bills save about $2.5M if they release him after June 1st. Not a nice thing to do to Teague, but this is business. Then they can take that $1.5M, put it into some scrub player's contract as "likely to be earned incentives" and when they don't reach it, they'll get it back next year. Everyone's doing it now. On second thought, keep him as a backup.

eyedog
03-05-2004, 01:19 AM
Teague stinks. He's a center that can't shot gun snap, what the hell is that. This is the NFL and we can't put our qb in the shotgun because the center can't get the ball back to him. Unbelieveable. Thats high school bs. To top it off he was getting bullrushed into Bledsoes face as bad as Ruben was. I think the only position were he could be a backup is at left tackle. He is agile and is not bad we the speed rushers. But damn, bring a real center in and cut Teague.

juice
03-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Mcnally had better sign a "Major League" lineman who can Pass Block.

mypoorfriendme
03-05-2004, 01:31 AM
what about sobieski, now that he shuold be completely healthy, will he stand a chance at guard or center?

SeatownBillsFan21
03-05-2004, 01:35 AM
yo ego... woody ya want him? he cant long snap for $h!t treys not that bad seeing his 1st postion is guard Im 4 Bober and TV lol

eyedog
03-05-2004, 01:48 AM
Whats that some form of ebonics ? Yeah I'd take Damian Woody and I'd stick has fat ass at left guard. Your not pushing him into the backfield. then I'd draft a center or try Sobieski there. If money is not a problem i'd sign Bober too. Since when was Trey's first positon guard ? Try tackle.

Mr. Cynical
03-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Teague was a very solid LT in Denver before getting punk'd by GW and put at C. I say let him compete for LT and see what happens. But definitely do not play him at C another snap.

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by kal123
Teague was a very solid LT in Denver before getting punk'd by GW and put at C. I say let him compete for LT and see what happens. But definitely do not play him at C another snap.

Lets not forget he only played 1 year at LT.

Earthquake Enyart
03-05-2004, 07:10 AM
He's also too small to play tackle.

My thinking is that Sullivan will be LG and they will draft a C or G high.

Ebenezer
03-05-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
They will LOSE $200 grand

$200K not well spent when you consider he got a $2mil bonus in the offseason...he is not going anywhere until 6/1...and probably will be with the team for this season.

TedMock
03-05-2004, 09:35 AM
It's funny because Teague was an All American center at Tennessee, then come to the NFL, gets moved to tackle, likes it and we move him back to center where he struggles. I'd actually like to keep him around because he has experience playing different positions and he's supposedly an intelligent player. He could be of great value if someone goes down.

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 09:41 AM
That's kind of strange that he was an all-american center an dyet he struggles at doing it now.