PDA

View Full Version : The way I see it!

Patrick76777
03-05-2004, 09:21 AM
The only thing we’re doing is replacing players that left.

Villarrial replaces Brown
Vincent may replace Winfield
Bruener may replace Moore

Are these 3 better then what we had last year? I think they are! I think all 3 of them would be an upgrade even if only slightly.

What do you guys think in each instance? Would we be better off in 2004 with the player that left or the new player?

My thoughts

Ruben is Ruben but he seemed to have slipped. I think just having new blood at the position will help. Plus I hear that the Bears did not want to lose this guy which says something.

I think Vincent is an upgrade. Yes he’s older but he’s been around and he’s been on some very good defenses. He strikes me as a player who will always give 100%. Plus he averages about 3 picks a season, which is about how many Winfield has had in his career!

Probably not improving much at TE, but Bruener is a bigger name and from what I hear he’s known for his blocking.

Dozerdog
03-05-2004, 09:23 AM
I see Bruener as the only true upgrade.

The rest are only slight upgrades or break even- when you consider they will cost less than their predisessors and allow us some room for other players.

Winfield was cheap last year- but to keep him would have cost more than the $30 million the Jets tossed at him

LtBillsFan66
03-05-2004, 09:26 AM
I agree with Dozer. We've done nada so far to really improve the team.

Ebenezer
03-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
The rest are only slight upgrades or break even- when you consider they will cost less than their predisessors and allow us some room for other players.

That seems to be the key...even future numbers...Villarial/Brown is basically break even this year...but saves huge numbers in the future.

LtBillsFan66
03-05-2004, 09:27 AM
In my opinoon, we still need 2 more o linemen, a free safety, and a defensive end.

Patrick76777
03-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I agree with Dozer. We've done nada so far to really improve the team.

That was basically the point of my thread!

LtBillsFan66
03-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
That was basically the point of my thread!

Then I agree with you too! :up:

Patrick76777
03-05-2004, 09:37 AM
In my opinoon, we still need 2 more o linemen, a free safety, and a defensive end.

I think we need a number 2 WR!

LtBillsFan66
03-05-2004, 09:44 AM

I would like to see that too. I would put that next on my list.

Lets see how different things are with a healthy Moulds.

Patrick76777
03-05-2004, 09:47 AM
I just saw Josh Reed drop too many balls last year! That being said, I had a feeling it would be a down year for him. Many WR's break out in year 3 or even 4. Let's hope this is it. But like you said in another thread, I think this team can be good and I don't know if I want to go into the season with an unproven number 2 WR!

LtBillsFan66
03-05-2004, 09:54 AM
I just saw Josh Reed drop too many balls last year! That being said, I had a feeling it would be a down year for him. Many WR's break out in year 3 or even 4. Let's hope this is it. But like you said in another thread, I think this team can be good and I don't know if I want to go into the season with an unproven number 2 WR!

Maybe Shaw is better cut out for #2. I just don't see Reed as any type of deep threat at all. He's a possession receiver. And he did have trouble with even that last season.

Patrick76777
03-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Agree! And I don't need to go into the season with Bobby friggen shaw as my number 2

justasportsfan
03-05-2004, 10:12 AM
I agree with Dozer. We've done nada so far to really improve the team. How soon you guys forget. We got rid of GW ,Ruel and KG.

LtBillsFan66
03-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
How soon you guys forget. We got rid of GW and KG.

We are talking player wise.

Earthquake Enyart
03-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Don't forget Villareal is playing RG. He is a helluva upgrade over Pucillo. With Bruener at TE, now we have a place to run when it's 3rd and 1. That's a big difference.

Vincent intercepts the ball once in a while. Winfield can't catch.

The real key is who is gonna play LG? :huh:

Ebenezer
03-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Don't forget Villareal is playing RG. He is a helluva upgrade over Pucillo. With Bruener at TE, now we have a place to run when it's 3rd and 1. That's a big difference.

And KillDrive is not here to call for a pass on 3rd and 1.

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

And KillDrive is not here to call for a pass on 3rd and 1.

Praise the lord!:up::beer:

helmetguy
03-05-2004, 11:29 AM
When you think about it, this team improved by a magnitude as soon as TD said goodbye to the Gynecomastia Poster Child.

Ebenezer
03-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
When you think about it, this team improved by a magnitude

At least a Log unit.

TedMock
03-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
When you think about it, this team improved by a magnitude as soon as TD said goodbye to the Gynecomastia Poster Child.

I wish I would've thought of this.:lol: :lolcry:

Tatonka
03-05-2004, 01:00 PM

so then your ready to say josh reed in the second round is a waste before he even reaches year three? wow.. thats dedication. we dont need another wr.

Villarrial replaces Brown
Vincent may replace Winfield
Bruener may replace Moore

villarrial replaced pucillo.. at rg.. not lg.. sullivan or a draft pick will replace ruben.

I just saw Josh Reed drop too many balls last year!

for the half of the season.. he struggled.. but he did not drop any balls in the second half. and dredsoe and his crappy passing doesnt exactly help people catch balls.. bledsoe is not even remotely accurate on several occasions.. but that is the wrs fault i assume.

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Vincent intercepts the ball once in a while. Winfield can't catch.

The real key is who is gonna play LG? :huh:

sullivan.. imho... with a little mcnally love.. he will be back with a vengance.

Throne Logic
03-05-2004, 01:10 PM
I could deal with Jennings / Sullivan on the Left and Williams / Villareal on the Right. However, I'm concerned about Teague at Center. Even with improved schemes and Guard talent to help him out, he still had issues with Shotgun snaps and Bull Rushers.

LtBillsFan66
03-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Can Teague play guard?

I hope we get Bober. That way we'll have some depth too (with Sullivan or Teague).

The_Philster
03-05-2004, 03:16 PM
We are talking player wise.

losing the schmucks who we called coaches also improved the players we have on the roster.
Can Teague play guard?

I hope we get Bober. That way we'll have some depth too (with Sullivan or Teague).
I'm thinking the same thing. Have Sullivan start at LG and put Teague in as the top interior backup.