PDA

View Full Version : I despise AW

Devin
03-05-2004, 11:17 AM
The more Ir ead the more I despise this greedy S.O.B and his woman.

via Len P. at ESPN.com

"How ticked are New York Jets officials with unrestricted free agent corner Antoine Winfield, who on Thursday night essentially backed out of a six-year, $30 million contract the team spent nearly two days negotiating and which ESPN.com reported as an agreement in principle? Uh, suffice it to say the Jets won't be footing the bill for the kind of dinner and night on the town to which they treated Winfield and agent Richard Katz on Wednesday evening. Katz is telling friends in Cincinnati that Winfield never signed the deal and that is true. But the agent certainly recommended that the five-year veteran officially autograph the deal. Word is that Winfield balked when his wife decided that she really didn't like Long Island very much and wanted to visit some more teams. But the Jets suspect that a team or two was able to reach Winfield, probably on his cell phone, and whisper to him that they could beat the New York proposal. No telling where the Jets will turn now for a cornerback, perhaps to free agent Ahmed Plummer of San Francisco, because they've got to get someone of solid caliber into the position. Part of the ire of jets officials is that, while they were spending two days wooing Winfield, they lost ground in making contact with free agents at other positions, like wide receiver."

Devin
03-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Also the viability of Tony brackens at DE?

The Natrix
03-05-2004, 11:23 AM
:lolpoint: jets

I'm glad he screwed them.

Ebenezer
03-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
:lolpoint: jets

I'm glad he screwed them.

it's not done yet...until he signs someplace.

The Natrix
03-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Well I don't see the jets taking him back. They sound pretty pissed.

His wife is right though, Long Island is a hole, in my opinion.

Pride
03-05-2004, 12:12 PM
This is just the kind of guy he is... seems to be coming out more and more often as of late...

Anyone really still want this guy in a Bills Jersey?

don137
03-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Kind of reminds me of Cris Carter a couple years ago when I think he was ready to ink a deal with the Rams I believe and right before he inked the deal he went to Cleveland to hear what they had to say and the Rams pulled the contract...He lost out of a lot of money as a result. The difference is AW is coveted by many teams and Carter was a dime a dozen at that stage of his career. I do hope he ends up with less $$$
He showed TD the same lack of respect by refusing to negotiate...

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by don137
Kind of reminds me of Cris Carter a couple years ago when I think he was ready to ink a deal with the Rams I believe and right before he inked the deal he went to Cleveland to hear what they had to say and the Rams pulled the contract...He lost out of a lot of money as a result. The difference is AW is coveted by many teams and Carter was a dime a dozen at that stage of his career. I do hope he ends up with less $$$
He showed TD the same lack of respect by refusing to negotiate...

I think you are thinking of the wrong person Cris Carter played for the Vikings and 1 year in Miami.:idunno:

kardshark19
03-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Maybe he did it as a favor to the Bills. Ya never know, he at least helped us out by keeping the Jets from making other great acquisitions. :shrug:

don137
03-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I think you are thinking of the wrong person Cris Carter played for the Vikings and 1 year in Miami.:idunno:

I am almost positive it was Carter. He was going to sign with St Louis and they pulled the offer. Cleveland never offered him a contract and he ended up with much less playing for the fins...

SABURZFAN
03-05-2004, 12:44 PM

unless she can make $30 million,i'd tell her to keep her piehole shut.

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by don137

I am almost positive it was Carter. He was going to sign with St Louis and they pulled the offer. Cleveland never offered him a contract and he ended up with much less playing for the fins...

Could be I'm mistaken!:couch:

DraftBoy
03-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Pride
This is just the kind of guy he is... seems to be coming out more and more often as of late...

Anyone really still want this guy in a Bills Jersey?

I do b.c there is nobody better than him to sign, Vinent, or Plummer would be a break even, and anybody else would be a downgrade

Forward_Lateral
03-05-2004, 12:46 PM
I don't care if you have to live in a pile of cow crap. If you want to pay me 30 million dollars and 10 million up front, I'll do more than live in the crap. If my wife didn't like it, I'd tell her to frappe la rue.

HAMMER
03-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Spaz,

Carter did screw himself a couple years back, greed kills!

ArcticWildMan
03-05-2004, 12:53 PM
AW's true colors are finally visible for all to see. Now we know why TD didn't expend a lot of effort to keep the guy.

Crinoline
03-05-2004, 01:49 PM

Hey! Some of us Bills fans live on Long Island and don't appreciate that quip. L.I. may be a lot of things, but it is no 'hole' (at least the eastern part). I've been up to the Buffalo area plenty of times and I can say with certainty that Buffalo contains a fair amount of areas that could equally be deemed 'holes'. Yet I won't call Buffalo a 'hole' because on the whole it is a great area.

STAMPY
03-05-2004, 01:59 PM

i'm from long island... watch it jerky... i think winfield needs to grow a set of balls, he's whipped... he ain't getting that kind of offer else where.

Pride
03-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
AW's true colors are finally visible for all to see. Now we know why TD didn't expend a lot of effort to keep the guy.

:bf1:

Historian
03-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Word is that Winfield balked when his wife decided that she really didn't like Long Island very much and wanted to visit some more teams. [/i]

If she thinks LI is a hole, I can only imagine what she thought of Western New York.:drunks:

STAMPY
03-05-2004, 02:15 PM
maybe she's a cheapass, even with the millions he's getting. cause LI is the most expensive place to live in ny... cheap broad, she is nothing but a spoiled whore

NC-BILLS44
03-05-2004, 02:50 PM
If I were in a position where several companies wanted my talents/expertise and they were all located in different parts of the country, I don't think it would be asking too much of the employers to allow me to visit each place before I decided where I wanted to be. In all likelihood, AW will probably be offered similar money by each team. Then he can decide were he wants to be. I would do the same thing. I don't see the point in ending my search at the first place that makes me an offer when I know others may do the same.

Good luck to AW. I hope he'll be happy somewhere outside the AFC East.

Novacane
03-05-2004, 03:16 PM
I am so glad we did not re-sign this idiot. He's that kind of guy that will get the huge contract and then never live up to it.
I would not have cared if the Jets did get him. He is so overated by some. So he's a great run defender. Big deal! He is average at best and coverage and one of the worst at int's. Addition by subtraction as far as I'm concerned.

Dantheman1280
03-05-2004, 03:21 PM
I do agree the AW seems whipped because his wife said she didnt like Long Island, but that doesn't mean we should all depise him. He was a great player for us and suffer throung the RJ years on the opposite side of the ball. In my book he is still as class act!!

NC-BILLS44
03-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
I do agree the AW seems whipped because his wife said she didnt like Long Island, but that doesn't mean we should all depise him. He was a great player for us and suffer throung the RJ years on the opposite side of the ball. In my book he is still as class act!!

I had some conversions with AW and he was very curteous (sp) and personable. I hope he does well in Minnesota (my brother's team). Good luck to him and his family.

Gunzlingr
03-05-2004, 03:53 PM
If I didn't hate the Vikings so much, I would wish him well. I have never been to Long Island, but I can't imagine Minneapolis being much better.

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
If I didn't hate the Vikings so much, I would wish him well. I have never been to Long Island, but I can't imagine Minneapolis being much better.

They play in a pansy dome that's all you need to know!:snicker:

MDFINFAN
03-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by kardshark19
Maybe he did it as a favor to the Bills. Ya never know, he at least helped us out by keeping the Jets from making other great acquisitions. :shrug:

What was their first great acquisition?

Devin
03-05-2004, 04:48 PM
other not another.

thenry20
03-05-2004, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Devin
[B]The more Ir ead the more I despise this greedy S.O.B and his woman.

LOL, did you hate him when he was a Bill?

BillyT92679
03-05-2004, 05:58 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Winfield's wife hated living in Orchard Park too, and wanted to sell the house they bought.
That could be just a rumor though.

The_Philster
03-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
I remember reading somewhere that Winfield's wife hated living in Orchard Park too, and wanted to sell the house they bought.
That could be just a rumor though.

They bought a home in Houston a year or two ago.

Marvelous
03-06-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

I do b.c there is nobody better than him to sign, Vinent, or Plummer would be a break even, and anybody else would be a downgrade
Are you missing the point? It's no longer about his abilities, it's about his horrible attitude. I mean face it dude, he is a me first type and that counts as much as abilities or skills....

1. For not being considerate with us(TD) with any negotiations..

2. For screwing over another team the way he did(Jets). Although it couldn't happen to a nicer team, it was still ugly..

I'm offended that he is leaving us under bad terms. Most of us have been BIG Winfield fans since day one.

Ii wont feel bad if/when he gets hurt...

caveboy
03-06-2004, 07:24 PM
"His wife is right though, Long Island is a hole, in my opinion."

If she hates LI, is MN going to be any improvement? Wait 'til she has to endure a month of sub-zero temps, than she'll be wishing she was having cookouts with the Baldwins in the Hamptons.

(Except for Billy. I never really trusted that Baldwin for some reason.)

;-p