PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys know...

lordofgun
03-05-2004, 02:19 PM
...that the same Mark Bruener that we're probably going to sign was TD's first round draft choice in 1995. :eek:

What a terrible pick.

Aero II
03-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Not every first rounder is a Randy Moss.

Some are Eric Flowers.

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
...that the same Mark Bruener that we're probably going to sign was TD's first round draft choice in 1995. :eek:

What a terrible pick.

He's been around for quite a while he can't suck that bad. Besides he is still notes as one of if not the best blocking TE's in the league.

eyedog
03-05-2004, 02:26 PM
When did you realise that
Originally posted by lordofgun

Throne Logic
03-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Do you also realize that Jay Reimersma was brought in to bolster their TE corp? Now they let Bruener go in FA in favor of keeping JR.

What does that say for us?

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Do you also realize that Jay Reimersma was brought in to bolster their TE corp? Now they let Bruener go in FA in favor of keeping JR.

JR sure can't catch and was an average blocker at best I don't think anyone here is thinking Bruener is going to be our go to TE but we at least know he can block.

helmetguy
03-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah, they had a ton of talent at TE going into that year. Studs like Jonathan Hayes, Craig Keith, and Walter Rasby.

Voltron
03-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

Reimersma was brought in to Pitt to open up the passing offense a bit more. We all know the guy is not the best blocker. Bruener will be depth only and will get vet min. We have a starting TE in Campbell. I would say he was one of the few bright spots this year. He got my attention the first game when he took that monster hit and held on to the ball for a first down.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Not as bad as their second choice.

TedMock
03-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Slow down fella's we're definitely looking into this waaayyy too much. Reimersma and Bruener are two totally different TE's with totally different skill sets.....apples and oranges. If you're going to run smash mouth run first football, who would you rather have? If you're running a pass oriented game who would you rather have? I hope to god you all answered each question differently! An experienced run blocking TE is very good for a team transitioning to a run-first offense. Campbell has great hands and can also block so I think we're fine there. He won't break the game open but he'll get 5-7 yards and a first down when we need it......a la Pete Metzelars.

Dantheman1280
03-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Bruner would just be another TE on the depth chart! Mark campbell is a good enough blocker to get the job done!

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 03:52 PM
You always need a solid backup!

Voltron
03-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
Slow down fella's we're definitely looking into this waaayyy too much. Reimersma and Bruener are two totally different TE's with totally different skill sets.....apples and oranges. If you're going to run smash mouth run first football, who would you rather have? If you're running a pass oriented game who would you rather have? I hope to god you all answered each question differently! An experienced run blocking TE is very good for a team transitioning to a run-first offense. Campbell has great hands and can also block so I think we're fine there. He won't break the game open but he'll get 5-7 yards and a first down when we need it......a la Pete Metzelars.

:up: Great post Ted!