PDA

View Full Version : Shayne Graham a TOP 5 KICKER!?!?

Michael82
03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
The Bengals have kicker Shayne Graham for the next five years after they matched the Jaguars’ five-year, 6.5 million offer sheet Friday that puts him in the top five of the highest paid kickers in the NFL.

But it came at a steep price for the Bengals because it probably is going to cost them one free agent in this signing period since the hit on the salary cap for this year is $1.1 million compared to the $628,000 the club offered him as a restricted free agent for 2004.

The Bengals could have deterred teams from signing Graham if they had offered him $1.38 million so the compensation would have been a first-round pick instead of nothing. But they were trying to save $700,000 so they could use it on another free agent.

As it was, the overall average of the contract is $1.3 million and ties him with Jeff Wilkins of the Rams for the fifth highest in the NFL, and now they have him for five years for what agent Rob Roche called “one of the best kicking contracts in the league,” primarily because of $3 million in guaranteed money. According to The Cincinnati Enquirer, his $2 million signing bonus is guaranteed along with $500,000 in each of the last two years of the deal.

http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCurPage=0&news_id=2139#cont

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Are you serious? The guy who got cut by us AND Minnesota?

They can have him.

Gunzlingr
03-05-2004, 03:46 PM
funny stuff!

The_Philster
03-05-2004, 03:47 PM
He was in Minnesota as well?
I know he was in Seattle's camp before Buffalo and then again afterhe left...then went to Carolina before Cincy.
I just think this is ludicrous...he sucks...although not as badly as Arians did.

Tatonka
03-05-2004, 09:10 PM
he was virgnia techs kicker when i was there.. and he was a beast.. i was sad to see him not do so well here.. but it wasnt like he got an extended chance.. half of a season with us.

TigerJ
03-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Graham did not really have an adequate opportunity here in Buffalo to show what he could or could not do. His field goal percentage in Buffalo was not great, but it wasn't terrible either considering he came in later in the season and kicked in sub par weather. He was also young at that point. In a way I was hoping he'd get a chance at a full season. TD opted instead to go with a proven commodity the next season (Hollis) and that's OK, but I like to see when a young guy develops into an NFL kicker (or player at any position).

Michael82
03-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Mike Vanderjagt
Adam Vinatieri
Martin Gramatica
Olindo Mare
Jeff Wilkins
Shayne Graham

Which one of these does not belong? :snicker:

lordofgun
03-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Graham has had two great seasons in a row. We're paying Lindell almost as much. :shakeno:

Steve-Mo
03-06-2004, 03:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/289074

He missed two FGs and got ditched? Thats not too fair