X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Titans trade McCareins to Jets for draft pick

The Titans have traded wide receiver Justin McCareins to the New York Jets for a second round draft pick.

McCareins, drafted by the Titans in the fourth round of the 2001 draft, was Tennessee's second-leading receiver last season with 47 receptions for 813 yards and seven touchdowns.

In exchange for McCareins, the Titans will receive the 42nd pick in next month's draft.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted him! Oh well.
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Well he is good, but at least they probably won't go WR in the 1st and get a potential stud.

Byrd.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

CRAP!
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
        • Apr 2003

id say this is great news. mccareins is good but id rather have us match up against him for the next few years than roy williams for the next 6. jets wont go with a WR at 12 for sure now
        the dude abides

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

TO got traded to the Ravens for a 2nd Rnd. pick. I think the Jets got a decent player but paid a little too much IMO.

Comment

• Marvelous
            • Feb 2004

no biggie.. A local Jet fan was crying on the phone today how his front office sucks. :):):)
            GO BILLS!!! NE
            Magical Trevor

Comment

• eyedog
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
              id say this is great news. mccareins is good but id rather have us match up against him for the next few years than roy williams for the next 6. jets wont go with a WR at 12 for sure now
              I agree. you nailed it. I can't see the Jets going wr. i hope Roy Williams falls to the bills. I see the jets going corner-Gamble.

Comment

• Ron C.
                • Mar 2003

This is great news. If the Bills are looking WR at 13, one more will likely drop.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i cant understand for the life of me why everyone thinks we need a wr so bad.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryguy8161
                    BRING IT
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i cant understand for the life of me why everyone thinks we need a wr so bad.
                    Theres a bunch of different views one could take

Perhaps Wyche will "fix" Bledsoe and that the WR's arent the problem
                    McNally will help the O-Line which was why the WR's were no good.

On the other hand, nobody wants to risk having a lack of production from the recivers again.

:confused2

Comment

• hintexas
                      • Mar 2003

I think Eric Moulds request for a fast wide out beside him may have just come true bring on Roy Williams.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hintexas
                        I think Eric Moulds request for a fast wide out beside him may have just come true bring on Roy Williams.
                        first off... there wasnt even a quote in that article of moulds saying he wants a speed wr.. second.. brown is one of the fastest men in the nfl.. speed dont mean crap if you cant catch..

wr is not the problem.. i dont care what anyone says.. wr is not a weak spot on this team.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

first off... there wasnt even a quote in that article of moulds saying he wants a speed wr.. second.. brown is one of the fastest men in the nfl.. speed dont mean crap if you cant catch..

wr is not the problem.. i dont care what anyone says.. wr is not a weak spot on this team.
                          T on WNSA Eric Moulds stated he would like a speed receiver in free agency or the draft and another fast defensive end to compliment Schobel.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

the Jets STILL lack a #1 quality receiver.mccariens is nothing more than an average #2 receiver but an above-average #3.s.moss may have to prove that he's the #1 guy.if conway can stay healthy,that could be a nice trio of receivers that pennington can throw to.they could get a shot at one of the top 5 in this draft.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla *****
                              • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills receiver Eric Moulds' offseason wish list is a simple one.

"At the receiver position we need to get another guy with speed," Moulds said Thursday.
                              link

Comment

Working...
                              X