PDA

View Full Version : Titans trade McCareins to Jets for draft pick

Michael82
03-05-2004, 04:24 PM
The Titans have traded wide receiver Justin McCareins to the New York Jets for a second round draft pick.

McCareins, drafted by the Titans in the fourth round of the 2001 draft, was Tennessee's second-leading receiver last season with 47 receptions for 813 yards and seven touchdowns.

In exchange for McCareins, the Titans will receive the 42nd pick in next month's draft.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/04/03/47867601.shtml?Element_ID=47867601
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted him! Oh well. :jetsuck:

The Natrix
03-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Well he is good, but at least they probably won't go WR in the 1st and get a potential stud.

Devin
03-05-2004, 04:39 PM
CRAP!

mypoorfriendme
03-05-2004, 05:32 PM
id say this is great news. mccareins is good but id rather have us match up against him for the next few years than roy williams for the next 6. jets wont go with a WR at 12 for sure now

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 05:34 PM
TO got traded to the Ravens for a 2nd Rnd. pick. I think the Jets got a decent player but paid a little too much IMO.

Marvelous
03-05-2004, 05:34 PM
:jetsuck: no biggie.. A local Jet fan was crying on the phone today how his front office sucks. :):):)

eyedog
03-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
id say this is great news. mccareins is good but id rather have us match up against him for the next few years than roy williams for the next 6. jets wont go with a WR at 12 for sure now

I agree. you nailed it. I can't see the Jets going wr. i hope Roy Williams falls to the bills. I see the jets going corner-Gamble.

Ron C.
03-05-2004, 05:44 PM
This is great news. If the Bills are looking WR at 13, one more will likely drop.

Tatonka
03-05-2004, 09:06 PM
i cant understand for the life of me why everyone thinks we need a wr so bad.

ryguy8161
03-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i cant understand for the life of me why everyone thinks we need a wr so bad.

Theres a bunch of different views one could take

Perhaps Wyche will "fix" Bledsoe and that the WR's arent the problem
McNally will help the O-Line which was why the WR's were no good.

On the other hand, nobody wants to risk having a lack of production from the recivers again.

:confused2

hintexas
03-05-2004, 09:25 PM
I think Eric Moulds request for a fast wide out beside him may have just come true bring on Roy Williams.

Tatonka
03-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by hintexas
I think Eric Moulds request for a fast wide out beside him may have just come true bring on Roy Williams.

first off... there wasnt even a quote in that article of moulds saying he wants a speed wr.. second.. brown is one of the fastest men in the nfl.. speed dont mean crap if you cant catch..

wr is not the problem.. i dont care what anyone says.. wr is not a weak spot on this team.

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 09:30 PM

first off... there wasnt even a quote in that article of moulds saying he wants a speed wr.. second.. brown is one of the fastest men in the nfl.. speed dont mean crap if you cant catch..

wr is not the problem.. i dont care what anyone says.. wr is not a weak spot on this team.

T on WNSA Eric Moulds stated he would like a speed receiver in free agency or the draft and another fast defensive end to compliment Schobel.:couch:

SABURZFAN
03-06-2004, 08:53 AM
the Jets STILL lack a #1 quality receiver.mccariens is nothing more than an average #2 receiver but an above-average #3.s.moss may have to prove that he's the #1 guy.if conway can stay healthy,that could be a nice trio of receivers that pennington can throw to.they could get a shot at one of the top 5 in this draft.

shelby
03-06-2004, 09:06 AM

Buffalo Bills receiver Eric Moulds' offseason wish list is a simple one.

"At the receiver position we need to get another guy with speed," Moulds said Thursday.

link (http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040304/APS/403040857)

:D

Dozerdog
03-06-2004, 10:44 AM
MCairens is a decent #2- but if he were in this year's draft- he wouldn't be in the top 5-6 WR considered- maybe 7-10. The 42nd pick? Jets got ripped off. They could have drafted a much better WR in that spot.

Dozerdog
03-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Looking deeper, the Jets won't be drafting a QB, and with spending their #2 on a WR, they won't pick one at #1. My guess is they are going after the T Shawn Andrews, or a RB like Jackson- I know they need LB too but i can't see them drafting one that high

don137
03-06-2004, 11:11 AM
I can definately see the Jets going RB or DB in round 1 if they do not sign anyone to fill those spots...
If the Bills don't go with Rivers in rd 1 you have to think he may go WR since TD loves going with the best available player theory and since the draft is so deep at WR he could end up with a top 10 pick in other draft fall to #13