PDA

View Full Version : San Diego trades their #1 pick?

The Spaz
03-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Their is a rumor floating around that the Chargers traded their #1 pick to the Giants for Kerry Collins and their #1 pick. Anyone else hear this?:whatthe: :skeptic:

Bert102176
03-06-2004, 12:20 AM
I don't put it past them, but haven't heard anything about it yet

Cntrygal
03-06-2004, 02:17 AM
:scratch:

I've been out of the loop, but I've only seen articles on Emmons and Robbins...

Emmons and Robbins to Giants Defense (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-giantsdefensewelcome&prov=fanball&type=lgns)

Lone Stranger
03-06-2004, 04:24 AM
San Diego would be crazy to take that deal.

Marvelous
03-06-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by fmr60
San Diego would be crazy to take that deal.
Not really. I'm sure they are very concerned about Manning #1 overall because of Leaf... Collins is decent imo. But to give up a great first round pick to upgrade the QB with a rookie seems like a stretch.......

clumping platelets
03-06-2004, 07:00 AM
:shakeno:

Dozerdog
03-06-2004, 07:31 AM
What a ******ed trade. San Diego's franchise should move to LA if they ever did this.

I have heard for months that Schottenheimer wants to win now (job depends on it) and does not want to spend the hig pick on a QB (and save cap space as well).

They do want to trade down 4-5 spots and get Sean Taylor, Gallery, or one of the top WR's. But tio give the pick up for an older QB is industrial strength dumb. He costs $5-6 million, and is well over 30 years old. Plus, he fumbles, and he stinks!!

San Diego won't take on any expensive players.

Now if you are New York, why would you pull this deal? You need OL help- and Gallery is sitting right there. No need to pay extra to move up. If anything, they are a candidate to move down in the draft. Stockpile late 1st,& 2nd round picks and draft OL , OL, and more OL

SABURZFAN
03-06-2004, 08:13 AM
i read somewhere that arizona offered their #3 pick and l.davis for the #1 pick.i would have jumped on that in a heartbeat.tomlinson needs an OL in san diego.it would help brees too.they still could have drafted gallery and solified that OL with fonoti.they drafted a big tackle last year or the year before too.i can't think of his name though.

SABURZFAN
03-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
If anything, they are a candidate to move down in the draft. Stockpile late 1st,& 2nd round picks and draft OL , OL, and more OL

i agree with Dozer and i believe this draft is deep enough that the 3rd round will provide quality OL too.they could clean up in this draft and be a force in a couple years if they do it right.

McBFLO
03-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I dont think that would be such a bad move for SD. The do have other needs, but a prospect like Manning (considering the QB genes in his family) only comes around so often.

Throne Logic
03-06-2004, 09:07 AM
San Diego as been a part of some of the most rediculously stupid trades over the last decade. This wouldn't even come close to the Leaf deal.

venis2k1
03-06-2004, 11:03 AM
lets not forget this is the team that traded away mike vick.

HAMMER
03-06-2004, 11:16 AM
So I guess we are all happy that AJ Smith isn't in B lo anymore!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Their is a rumor floating around that the Chargers traded their #1 pick to the Giants for Kerry Collins and their #1 pick. Anyone else hear this?:whatthe: :skeptic:

Link?????????????? not so fun now is it you don't believe me I don't believe you!!! :rock:

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04

Link?????????????? not so fun now is it you don't believe me I don't believe you!!! :rock:

Did I state it as a fact! Did I hear I heard it on BS radio? Don't even talk. You post some of the most ridiculous stuf around. I stated this as a rumor.

Voltron
03-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I really don't think Brees is as bad as he looked last year. I think it is his OL and his coaching. Marty ball will not work with those players. He did not look this bad the year before last.