PDA

View Full Version : Coy Wire must be on the field in 2004...

Italian Stallion
03-06-2004, 01:14 PM
This is a guy that will be very valuable to the bills defense in '04. He needs to be the starting free saftey...He hits like an 18 wheeler, always seems to be around the ball, and is a takling machine....REMIND YOU OF ANY CERTIAN OVERPRICED CORNERBACK, WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS?? I'll admit that AW didn't deserved to be paid that much, and isn't a big playmaker, but we WILL miss that intensity in the secondary, and that's where COY WIRE comes in. I know he might be soft in coverage, but better technique can be taught...What can't be taught is his neverending motor, aggresivness, and nack for the ball. Plus, what a high-character guy he is....he was the starter in 2002 and didn't say anything negative when the bills went out and signed Milloy.

Signing a veteran corner (Vincent, Taylor), and having Wire as the free saftey i think, will be a signifigant upgrade to the #2 defense in the leauge.

Congrats to TD for not overpaying AW, perhaps realizing that #27 can bring all that intensity and sure tackling to the table, without costing $30+ million bucks...

:feedback:

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 01:40 PM
He is a good player but does he have the cover skills to play FS? I have my doubts.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 02:58 PM
i was talking to wys about this.. and we agree.. if sean taylor is not an option.. i think you get vincent.. and with the experience of vincent, clements, and milloy.. wire would be fine at free safety..

and if you do get taylor.. you give milloy another year and then cut him and let him take over for milloy after this upcoming year.

shelby
03-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Abso:angry:inglutely...with some skills coaching, Wire would be outstanding. He is the most motivated player i have ever seen.
He started out as an RB...he has proven his versatility. He deserves a shot.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 03:04 PM
you just have a boner for him shelby. :D

shelby
03-06-2004, 03:06 PM
He's a good looking kid, yes. But it's his intensity i admire the most.
:nana:

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
you just have a boner for him shelby. :D

She has a boner? :jawdrop: :snicker:

shelby
03-06-2004, 03:20 PM
No i don't.:madcurse:

The_Philster
03-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by shelby
No i don't.:madcurse:

Then why was Church dressed up as Coy Wire for Halloween? :huh:

shelby
03-06-2004, 03:24 PM
It is anatomically impossible for me to have a boner.
:cynic:

The_Philster
03-06-2004, 03:25 PM
:D
Originally posted by shelby
It is anatomically impossible for me to have a boner.
:cynic:

Oh sure...get technical about it now. :rolleyes:

shelby
03-06-2004, 03:29 PM
:offtopic:

Dantheman1280
03-06-2004, 04:01 PM
I agree with shelby GIVE COY A SHOT!!!!

Mr. Cynical
03-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Agreed. Wire has the skills and more importantly the attitude/drive to be a starter. He is better suited to SS, but I believe he can adapt to FS. His only downside IMO is his lack of experience, but the only way to fix that is to play him. I say give him the shot. :)

Romes
03-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Coy wire is a great person and player but reality is that he is more stone hands than Winfield. I do not like the idea of him at FS because we need someone there that can get a jump on a ball and pick it off.

Michael82
03-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Romes
Coy wire is a great person and player but reality is that he is more stone hands than Winfield. I do not like the idea of him at FS because we need someone there that can get a jump on a ball and pick it off.

Then, why not flip Wire and Milloy? Wasn't Milloy going to be the FS in New England?

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

Then, why not flip Wire and Milloy? Wasn't Milloy going to be the FS in New England?

Milloy is definitely a SS and has been a Pro Bowl at it wouldn't change him.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:58 PM
i dont know how we can assume that wire has stone hands because he has only had the chance to intercept one pass that i have seen..

and he is also the type of guy that would sit in front of a jugs machine and work on his hands till they bled.. at least that is the impression that i got..

i just have a hard time believing that a guy as athletic aas him cant improve enough to be a FS

BIGDAWG
03-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Soft is an understatement...I do like his hitiing and closing ability but he is not a MUST