Jets reportedly sign CB David Barrett.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndreReed83
    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
    • Mar 2004

Jets reportedly sign CB David Barrett.

Jets sign CB David Barrett to a 6 year deal according to John Clayton. Sorry, no link, I saw this on the ticker on ESPNEWS. I've always liked David Barrett but mainly because my last name is also Barrett.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

WOOHOO!!!!

This is great news for the BILLS I heard on a sportsticker on WNSA yesterday on the Simoncast that the Jets were among the candidates looking at Vincent http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/r...tral?sport=nfl

So it's down to the BILLS and Bungals (Bengals) again I think he signs with the BILLS because our D is better and the Bungals were just a Fluke team last yr. almost making it into the playoffs last season. The Bungals will be 1-16 this yr Marvin Lewis who doesn't know how to coach he just got lucky also will get fired. Carson Palmer won't help them this yr they shoud've kept Kitna as starter and the ownership will find a way to mess everything up their ownership is a joke they always find a way to mess it up!!. look for Vicent to sign a contract with the BILLS this week either Mon. or Tues.
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 03-06-2004, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
      I am the Man!
      • Mar 2004

So that is the jets new starting corner!! I can't wait till we play the Jets. If they dont improve their secondary we should go wild on them even with DB at QB!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Barrett is underrated, as he played in Arizona and nobody has seen him play. He has been their steadiest CB, and considering they don't have much of a pass rush it probably wasn't easy keeping guys covered.

They are paying him $21M on the deal with a $4.5M SB, seems like a lot. I guess CB get a lot, as that isn't unheard of to pay a CB that money.

They also signed LB Eric Barton. Barton is a athlete and has flashed looking like a very good player, but he wasn't real consistent in Oakland and got out of position a lot.

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

hopefully TD gets his head out of his ars and signs Vincent soon
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

The Jets also signed LB Eric Barton.

Comment

Working...
            X