PDA

View Full Version : Praying for Darrell Jackson

schobelisdaman
03-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Lets all hope Donahoe reels in Darrell Jackson and gives Moulds help. Jackson can be a high quality #1 and teamed up with Moulds can open this offense wide open. Lets draft an athletic TE and an interior lineman early and the offense could be back to how it played the first eight games of Bledsoes first year here.

Devin
03-06-2004, 03:58 PM
i would absolutley LOVE for this to happen but im not sure if we can afford him

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 03:59 PM
I really hope we can get him in fact he is the only WR free agent I think is worth getting. There are a lot of teams in pursuit of him though.

Dantheman1280
03-06-2004, 04:04 PM
TD won't shell out the cash to get a quality WR like Jackson. Look for the bills to either trade down in the draft and take one in the late first round or take one in the second round!

ScottLawrence
03-06-2004, 04:14 PM
I think TD would spend the money to get Jackson..... this would open things up for us in the draft if we did sign him.

Devin
03-06-2004, 05:13 PM
wed be lucky if we could swing Woods from OU (runs a 4.36 40) he may fall to the 2nd but hes gonna be gone early 2nd.

I think we should grab our future QB, and trade up in the 2nd.

Nighthawk
03-06-2004, 05:17 PM
If the Bills get Jackson, mark my words...they WILL draft a QB with the #13 pick! This would be an absolutely perfect fit for this team. I hope we get him...it would make all the pieces fall in the right spot for us to draft Rivers!

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 06:51 PM
jackson is the #1 FA wr.. he will go for peerless price type money.

kgun12
03-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
jackson is the #1 FA wr.. he will go for peerless price type money.

I agree T. We have too many holes to fill to spend that kind of money on a WR! I would love to see him hear, but I don't want to break the bank to get him.

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Watch for Philly to really make a push for Jackson seeing they didn't land TO at least yet.

Bmax
03-07-2004, 01:13 AM
yeah we have a slight cahance at landing jackson.. very slight .....

Bmax.....maybe we should try robinson or the draft in round 2...

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2004, 05:32 AM
I live in near Seattle and had the chance to watch him play live hes super fast but he got hands like AWin alough he always seem to come through in the cluch hed be nice but ive heard he'll be staying here in seattle they have the money and that is what it all about i dont see TD dishing the cash out 4 him which sucks.

Bert102176
03-08-2004, 09:30 AM
I just don't see us spending more then 2 mil. a year on any WR and D. Jackson will want at least 4 mil. a year

Earthquake Enyart
03-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Jackson has horrible hands. He drops at least 2-3 a game.

You can't rely on him in bad weather games.

I'd rather draft Evans in round 2.

clumping platelets
03-08-2004, 09:35 AM
He drops too many passes for the money he's looking for :down:

Dozerdog
03-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Why tie up even half of what he wants ($5 mill a year) on a #2 receiver on a "Smash Mouth" style offense?

If things play out like they are supposed to- do you want a guy making that coin who's hopefully going to make only 40-50 grabs a year?

The Spaz
03-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Why tie up even half of what he wants ($5 mill a year) on a #2 receiver on a "Smash Mouth" style offense?

If things play out like they are supposed to- do you want a guy making that coin who's hopefully going to make only 40-50 grabs a year?

Exactly I say pick up Bruener and Bober and Draft Jason Peters then we will have an unstoppable short yardage ground game!:snicker:

The Natrix
03-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Signing Darrell Jackson would be the worst decision ever!

I am assuming that if you want Darrell Jackson signed, you were completely against letting Peerless go, or were at least very troubled by seeing him leave.

It is to easy to point to Peerless Price as the reason the Bills went from 8-8 to 6-10.

Moulds - Shaw - Reed - Aiken - Coleman is more than adequate for the style of play suited for this offense. The last thing we need is for Bledsoe to be throwing more. You can be <b>certain</b> that this team will <b>not</b> be a power run team with the addition of Jackson. I am not always against a throw first team if the pieces are in place (SB Rams). With Drew Bledsoe and a line who will at best be lacking chemistry I don't see how the safe root can not be power run.

I would not be opposed to drafting a future prospect at WR in the early rounds, although I think 1st round may be a little to high, depending on how the first 12 picks play out.