X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Bad News on Troy Vincent...

Vincent, the Trenton native, completed his second visit with a two-day stay in Cincinnati. He spent all day Wednesday in Buffalo, flew home on the Bills' private jet Wednesday night, and then flew to Cincinnati Thursday afternoon and did not return home until last night.

Vincent received a modest offer from the Bills, who do not have a lot of room under the salary cap, but did not accept it. He did not accept an initial offer from Cincinnati last night, but was still talking with the team.

"I liked it there," Vincent said. "That is definitely a team that is getting better. They have some good young players and a commitment to win. I was impressed with their facilities and their new stadium."

If Vincent does not accept a Bengals' offer, his next stop should be Kansas City, where Dick Vermeil and the Chiefs have entered the mix. Indianapolis could jump in as well.

The Jets, who were out of the bidding when they reportedly signed Antoine Winfield to a six-year, $30 million deal, could be back in discussions as well.

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

That really blows!

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

Ah well.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

modest offer from the Bills? It seems like TD tried to lowball Vincent and he's not even talking to the Bills anymore. Why not try to see what he wants? I mean, at least Cincy is still talking to him. The Bills should too.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

TD will not overspend on anyone he sets a price and sticks to his guns.

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla admin
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
            TD will not overspend on anyone he sets a price and sticks to his guns.
            That's one of the things i like about him.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

For f'n sake cut Prioleau, Van Pelt and somebody else and make some room. These guys will not help you get to the Super Bowl...Vincent has that much talent. It shouldn't even be a tough decision. Now, I'm not saying give him stupid money (see Winfield contract), but you cannot wait to fill this corner position. With our lack of pass rush, we need a good corner on that side.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by shelby

That's one of the things i like about him.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  For f'n sake cut Prioleau, Van Pelt and somebody else and make some room. These guys will not help you get to the Super Bowl...Vincent has that much talent. It shouldn't even be a tough decision. Now, I'm not saying give him stupid money (see Winfield contract), but you cannot wait to fill this corner position. With our lack of pass rush, we need a good corner on that side.
                  I couldn't agree more!

Comment

• nolimit
                    Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                    • Aug 2003

I read this article on another site. It is a bunch of lame B.S. Where do they think we dont have much cap room to work with?? If we really wanted Vincent desperatley we could thorw cash at him. But TD will not, and I wouldnt want him to. Fact is we have more cap room than the bungles. Vincent will be a bill and I dont believe TD or modrak are low-balling Vincent.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                      • Jan 2004

SO what do we do now?

Im starting to get impatient with Donahoe.
                      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                        • Jul 2002

We will be royally f'd if we don't pick up an adequate replacement for Winfield.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by nolimit
                          I read this article on another site. It is a bunch of lame B.S. Where do they think we dont have much cap room to work with?? If we really wanted Vincent desperatley we could thorw cash at him. But TD will not, and I wouldnt want him to. Fact is we have more cap room than the bungles. Vincent will be a bill and I dont believe TD or modrak are low-balling Vincent.
                          I agree. I don't think TD low balled him. Remember that they said we were close to signing Woody and he never even tlaked to TD. Relax Mickey, don't hang yourself
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                            • Jan 2004

Thats true..... Im hoping TD gets this deal done because theres no where else to look but the Draft if a deal isn't reached.
                            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                              SO what do we do now?

Im starting to get impatient with Donahoe.
                              It may be the toughest thing to do...but we need to be patient. TD does not over pay players. I know somepeople would love a Snyder type that overspends but is able to get the big name. Thats not the style of the Bills FO.

Until, Vincent signs somewhere else we have not lost out on him.

Then again I too wonder what the Bills FO is doing...we haven't heard any news about anything the past few days.
                              Originally posted by paladin warrior
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X