PDA

View Full Version : i am not trying to be a pessimist but its not looking good

Billsouth
03-06-2004, 08:36 PM
it appears that:

1. we may not address the cornerback issue in free agency;

2. may be unable to fortify our line (other than chris v who will replace rueben) as we still will have pucillo in the starting mix;

3. we r not going to land henson

4. we r not going to land a top wide receiver

hence, right now... our team is WORSE than it was at the end of last season. we have lost winfield, brown, moore and probably morris. so far we replaced them with chris v.

furthermore, we do not have nearly the cap room that we had last year.

Michael82
03-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
it appears that:

2. may be unable to fortify our line (other than chris v who will replace rueben) as we still will have pucillo in the starting mix;

hence, right now... our team is WORSE than it was at the end of last season. we have lost winfield, brown, moore and probably morris. so far we replaced them with chris v.

Free agency has only just begun. and don't forget about the June 1st cuts too. However, I am a little worried too. As far as our line...Our right side is drastically improved from last year with Mike Williams and now Chris Villarrial (who replaces that scrub named Pucillo), Ruben Brown is gone and will most likely be replaced by Marques Sullivan or Ross Tucker. Jonas Jennings is still at LT and is going to get better. We gotta extend his contract though, IMO. also, I think that Chris Bober will be our new starting Center next week, just not sure when. I'm worried about CB, DE, FS, and a speed WR. But we have a lot of time until the draft. :D

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 08:45 PM
The dumbass coaches are gone and that is huge!:up::beer:

shelby
03-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Wire at FS!!!!!
:up:

Michael82
03-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
The dumbass coaches are gone and that is huge!:up::beer:

That's true! It automatically gives us a game or two. :D

Turf
03-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Drew has to go.

Michael82
03-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Drew has to go.

That's another thing. What is TD waiting for? Why have we heard nothing about Drew's contract? Are they really going to go into the season with that November buyout? That's a terrible idea! :shakeno:

Alluro
03-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Once we take rivers in the first round, drew will be on his way out

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
it appears that:

man.. you guys are so over reacting..

look..

1. how can you say that because less than one week into the season that we are not going to address the cb issue.. obviously there is a plan.. vincent is still in the fold. there is also bobby taylor, possibly madison or ty law.. you never know.. and we are not going to be that bad off if mcgee has to step in.. he is going to at some point.. you have no idea that he wont be better than AW.. none whatsoever..

2. this is just crazy here.. first off.. villarrial is NOT rubens replacement.. he is a RG and will be replacing Pucillo.. that is all we know.. we need to fill rubens spot..and preferably upgrade at center.. but teague was the center when we had a line good enough to get us 2 1200 yard receivers and a 1400 yard rb.. and ps.. sullivan just resigned and he was the other guard that was on that line with teague that had success.. you have no idea whether mcnally ( who is widely considered one of the best in the biz) can help sullivan get to where he needs to be and get back in there at guard.. you also dont konw if we are going to sign bober to be the new center or if we are going to draft someone like carey, grove, steponvich, peterman, smiley, snee or about 5 other guys that would improve our line come april..

3. oh no.. we are not going to land a guy that hasnt played football in three years.. and only has played in EIGHT GAMES over the last SIX YEARS OF HIS LIFE.. let me repeat that.. henson has playing in EIGHT GAMES IN THE LAST SIX YEARS!!!!.. obviously no one else inthe league is falling all over themselves trying to get him.. because the texans asking price is low.. a third rounder in next years draft.. it is the fact that the arrogant ***** henson thinks he deserves a god damn 10 year guarenteed contract because he had 4 good games in his 8 game college career.. screw that *****.

we will get a qb in the draft.. and it will be a good qb.. this is absolutely not something to worry about.

4. land a top WR.. we have moulds.. he IS a top wr.. how many teams have 2 TOP wrs? not many.. and not for long.. you have no idea what josh reed will do under a coach that can actually coach, and an offensive cordinator that doesnt have his head stuck up drew bledsoes ass..

people keep talking about us getting another WR and it just makes me laugh.. we are all talking about being a SMASH MOUTH offense.. running the ball with the two studs we have.. and then you want to spend millions on a WR in FA.. get over it.. this is the deepest WR draft in history.. and there will be more options in the draft if the bills feel they want to get a speedster or whatever else they want.. but moulds, reed, and shaw should be fine for what we will need anyway.. if we rely on drew bledsoe's arm this season.. we will lose.. period.. so i hope they dont get another WR so that drew feels like he needs to start audibling out of a 3-1 run call so he can take a sack while waiting to launch a ball..

the only thing to be sad about is that drew will most likely be our starter this season.. but if we run the ball enough, we should be able to hide that glaring weakness of a qb.

/me gets off the soapbox

Throne Logic
03-06-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm pretty much done saying anything around here. Just take what Tatonka writes, tone it down a bit, and add a tincy wincy bit more tact, and that's pretty much what I would have said. . .

Thanks, T. Makin' my time around here nice and efficient.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
I'm pretty much done saying anything around here. Just take what Tatonka writes, tone it down a bit, and add a tincy wincy bit more tact, and that's pretty much what I would have said. . .

Thanks, T. Makin' my time around here nice and efficient.

tone it down?

tact..

i dont understand.. :D

:horse:

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:13 PM
was it the whole "screw that arrogant *****" thing that you thought was lacking of tact?

:D

BIGDAWG
03-06-2004, 11:14 PM
landing henson is not that big of a deal

Lefty2985
03-06-2004, 11:22 PM
I hate how you guys are ready to kick Drew Bledsoe to the curve so fast. He isnt a scrambiling quarterback! If we had a good line in front of him he wouldnt have been getting sacked as soon as the ball was snapped. Granite he does hold on to the ball to long at times but thats something he has to work at.

Goobylal
03-06-2004, 11:29 PM
I'd echo Tatonka's words, but say that the Bills will probably add a speed WR in the 2nd round of the draft. I see Bober signing and being the starting center and Sullivan winning the LG job because he showed ability at RG and played on the left side in college. McNally will be HUGE in getting the most out of the talented players he has.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Lefty2985
I hate how you guys are ready to kick Drew Bledsoe to the curve so fast. He isnt a scrambiling quarterback! If we had a good line in front of him he wouldnt have been getting sacked as soon as the ball was snapped. Granite he does hold on to the ball to long at times but thats something he has to work at.

my complaint is that why is there always a friggen excuse for bledsoe.. he is a 10 year vet.. why is it that we need to WORK on him holding the ball too long?

these things should be done.. he should KNOW these things by now.. and he made the lines look just as bad as the line did themselves..

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:35 PM
i really tried to like drew.. i think he is a great guy..

but if you look at his performance over the last 26 games as a bill it is

21 tds.. and 41 turnovers..

in his last 26 games.. his last ten of 2002 and all season this year.. are you kidding me.. if he wasnt so hyped before he came in here, all of you would be ready to lynch him.. if it was jeff blake that put up those numbers.. you would have run him out of town.. because it was lowly jeff blake.. but because it is the media boy bledsoe who everyone loves, because he is a nice guy and can throw for a bunch of yards.. he gets a free pass too much.. just my opinion..

i know one thing.. if he stinks the joint up this year and we have a losing record.. it is gonna cost td his job probably.. and bledsoe will be run out of town.. no questions asked.. because fans will stop showing up for games... they will not endure another 11 td/24 turnover season by its qb.

Halbert
03-07-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

the only thing to be sad about is that drew will most likely be our starter this season.. but if we run the ball enough, we should be able to hide that glaring weakness of a qb.

Can't wait ...

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Well put on the whole bledsoe topic T. He should be ran out of town.