PDA

View Full Version : A theory on our FA thus far

Gunzlingr
03-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Is it possible that TD is letting the other teams blow their wad on FAs now, expecting that we will be able to get some good players cheap after 6/1? I am not sure who is projected to get dumped after June 1, but perhaps there are some that TD has his eyes on. :idunno: I could be just talking out of my ass here, so is this a realistic posiiblity?

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Who knows what TD is thinking?!

Lone Stranger
03-06-2004, 09:26 PM
I can't fault him for not chasing the ridiculous salaries. If we can pick up two more players in free agency we should be Ok. We will otherwise have to rely on the draft. A receiver we can pick up there. There is enough depth at the other three key positions, i.e., QB, OL & DL So lets be patient and wait this out.

Michael82
03-06-2004, 09:30 PM
I think my biggest problem is that he's not even bringing them in. DE Bertrand Berry, DE Eric Hicks both signed without even visiting here. So did OG Jeno James and OG Damien Woody. Plus, you also got the CBs...why didn't TD bring in Ahmed Plummer? What about Fernando Bryant? That's my biggest problem. The Bills are not bringing anyone in. Why didn't they jump right on the Chris Bober train? Now, I read that he is going to the Giants and the Bengals and already talking about a contract. Shouldn't the Bills talk to him? What about Cosey Coleman? He's a solid guard. Shouldn't the Bills talk to him?

The Spaz
03-06-2004, 09:32 PM
How do we know he's not bringing them in, because it hasn't been reported?

Gunzlingr
03-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Maybe they don't want to come here?

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I think my biggest problem is that he's not even bringing them in. DE Bertrand Berry, DE Eric Hicks both signed without even visiting here. So did OG Jeno James and OG Damien Woody. Plus, you also got the CBs...why didn't TD bring in Ahmed Plummer? What about Fernando Bryant? That's my biggest problem. The Bills are not bringing anyone in. Why didn't they jump right on the Chris Bober train? Now, I read that he is going to the Giants and the Bengals and already talking about a contract. Shouldn't the Bills talk to him? What about Cosey Coleman? He's a solid guard. Shouldn't the Bills talk to him?

just because they are not coming in doesnt mean anything to me.. first off... ididnt like berry or hicks.. maybe td didnt either.. and how hard it is to pick up a phone and call their agent and see what ballpark they are looking for in salary? you saw the money that woody, hicks and others got.. maybe td knew that he wasnt going to spend that much.. so what is the point of bring them in.. bryant sucks and plummer is another big contract.. and td is NOT looking for a young cb to pay a bunch of money to.. do you want to see him do the same thing to mcgee and thomas that he did to coy wire? i dont.. we just need a vet that is decent for a year or two.

you guys are going nuts.. it is LESS THAN ONE WEEK into FA.... calm down people.

Demon
03-06-2004, 10:30 PM
I lost faith in TD. I think he's a OK GM, but i don't think that he knows the talent like noone else and anyone he signs will become a star. And his drafts have been weak at best. TD has alot of prove to me, that he knows what he is doing.

L.A. Playa
03-06-2004, 10:37 PM
I agree calm down. We are just fans. Allowed to have our opinions, but don't know the day in and day out operations of the team and what they are really trying to do. I look at other sports, Baseball Yankees always in playoffs but lost the big series last two years putting all star teams together and not building real chemistry, Basketball the Portland Trailblazers had the best players in the league for years but never even made it to the Finals, NO Chemistry, Hockey The Rangers and Capital currently tearing apart high priced teams because no success, and in football what have the Redskins done since snyder started throwing out $$$ Nothing. Maybe just maybe the Bills dont see the needs we think they have as needs because of crappy coaching maybe they are bringing in players that want to play together and will have good chemistry and a winning attitude. I think Drew should be given another chance under favorable contract conditions and that the line could do really well with the best Oline coach in football, dont panic this is not fantasy football the only one who thinks it is is Dan Snyder and dont critisize players for taking money they usually get 1 chance at the big signing bonis and they should take. Just have faith that management knows what they are doing and it is only high priced entertainment !!!!!!! Doesnt affect your personal standard of living at all

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Demon
I lost faith in TD. I think he's a OK GM, but i don't think that he knows the talent like noone else and anyone he signs will become a star. And his drafts have been weak at best. TD has alot of prove to me, that he knows what he is doing.

so you felt that the nate clements, schobel, henry, jennings, sullivan, edwards draft sucked huh.. while picking at 23?

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:44 PM
and your assuming that also, mcgahee will suck, kelsay will suck, mcgee will suck, sobieski will suck, and aikens will suck?

thats pretty optimistic! :D

how anyone can judge last years draft yet is beyond me.. hell the jury is still out on the 2002 draft too.. mike williams.. kevin thomas, coy wire..

the only one pick that i am ready to say was no good was the denny pick.

L.A. Playa
03-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Dveloping talent sometimes takes 2-4 years when you have coaches that are incompetent, it makes the players look bad. The real test will be this year, if this staff is as improved as many of us think, and the players still dont produce then it could be faulty drafting and scouting. Right now seems like TD's mistake was hiring GW and many people where excited when he was hired sometimes things just don't work out. Every team in the NFL has gone through it, what goes around comes around, at least we got rid of GW. Miami was stupid enough to stick with Wanny.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:55 PM
exactly.. i was starting to think that no one realizes this pmacla

LtBillsFan66
03-06-2004, 10:57 PM
I hope your theory is right gunz.

I haven't lost faith yet.

Demon
03-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
and your assuming that also, mcgahee will suck, kelsay will suck, mcgee will suck, sobieski will suck, and aikens will suck?

thats pretty optimistic! :D

I don't know, and niether do you so why act like they will all be super stars?

It's just my opinion, that TD is overrated. I know there is alot of Donahoe ass kissers on this message board so i won't even argue, because there are some real loyal fans of his here, our arguements would go from facts to personal bashing and i don't think anyone wants that.

I just think, Donahoe has a reputation that if he signs someone, then that player will be great. I remember when Donahoe signed Olandis Gray last spring, and people hyped him to be a great RB. Or Jeff Posey.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Demon
I don't know, and niether do you so why act like they will all be super stars?

It's just my opinion, that TD is overrated. I know there is alot of Donahoe ass kissers on this message board so i won't even argue, because there are some real loyal fans of his here, our arguements would go from facts to personal bashing and i don't think anyone wants that.

I just think, Donahoe has a reputation that if he signs someone, then that player will be great. I remember when Donahoe signed Olandis Gray last spring, and people hyped him to be a great RB. Or Jeff Posey.

hey.. i am not here to bash you personally.. i welcome your different perspective.. and i am not a donahoe asskisser.. he has definately made some screw ups.. be we were referring specifically to the draft here..

his first draft w/ us netted us clements, henry, reed, schobel, jennings, edwards, and sullivan.. i personally think that is a great draft... dont you? you cant expect every guy to be a probowler.. but we got 4 GOOD starters.. and 3 guys that still have alot of upside

his second draft was subpar.. but mike williams, coy wire, and thomas still have alot of upside as well... and are far from busts.. plus, only williams was needed to step in right away.. and wire did great while he was in there.. i think it is TDs screw up to go get milloy personally.. he was not much better than wire.

and this last draft is still TOTALLY up in the air.. so i am not saying they are superstars.. did i? anywhere?

i am simply saying that to say he is bad at drafting is absolutely inaccurate, unless you can see in to the future.. no?

Throne Logic
03-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
exactly.. i was starting to think that no one realizes this pmacla

Hey, don't be callin' me a "no one".

:up:

Dozerdog
03-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Everybody wants the Redskins quick fix.

Sorry people- it's not going to happen-

The Bills don't play in a stadium guaranteed 70,000 seat sellouts for 20 years with $5000 private seat liscences.

That gives Snider the ability yo spend 40 million in bonuses, play great (he hopes) for 2-3 seasons, then go 2-14 and not worry about his fan base evaporating.

If you want the "Sign a guy every day" in FA- then trade in the Blue and red pom-poms for Maroon and Gold.

Throne Logic
03-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Or we could all donate $100,000 to Mr. Wilson's cause. . .

socalfan
03-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Everybody wants the Redskins quick fix.

Scratching my head and wondering exactly what it is that the Redskins have fixed over the last 3 years? I didn't seed them in the playoffs.