PDA

View Full Version : My opinion

ryjam282
03-06-2004, 09:32 PM
I believe TD may be telling Drew Bledsoe that if it comes down to it and D Jax is there for us that he must take a paycut. If not, no biggie. We could sure use an extra 2 mil or so to try and lure in a big name WR. And by the Bills even mentioning DJax and not pursuing Woody and after signing one OL already just shows me that WR is not an area that he will worry too much about in the draft. Rivers will be the 1st round pick, if he is still available, that much I am sure. In the second, it will either be: Jake Grove, Chris Snee, or another top OL to help put more pressure on the guys we have. If Rivers is gone, I believe he will trade down and take the best available player, Maybe Wilfork or possibly Vernon Carey if he is there.

So, I believe he will only ask Bledsoe to take a paycut if they will be actively pursuing Darrell Jackson. This would only help Drew in the long run and help Moulds as well. I just really hope to god we get a chance to offer him something.....Moulds speaking up may have been the shot in the arm the front office needed to go and get a big name.....Thoughts on this please.....:feedback:

Italian Stallion
03-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Not a bad theroy...I have been saying all along that i'd rather have an experienced reciever opposite moulds, that has played in the pros, knows how to get open, and has a pro mentality....we can't honestly expect any draftee in any round to come in and do the job like a vet would....darrell jackson would make this offseason if we could get him

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:54 PM
i agree on your draft prediction completely..

but TD was not willing to pay top money for a #2 WR last year when we could have kept peerless.. so why would he pay that for djax? because djax is the top wr in FA.. and he will get at least as much as Peerless got.. which will include a minum of a 10 mill signing bonus.. if not more.. probably 15 mill or so.

i really dont think TD has given up on josh reed and kelsay like all the fans have.. i dont blame him.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Italian Stallion
I have been saying all along that i'd rather have an experienced reciever opposite moulds, that has played in the pros, knows how to get open, and has a pro mentality
Wasn't that why we brought in Bobby Shaw last season? He did alright I remember.

Throne Logic
03-06-2004, 11:02 PM
I have to agree with Tatonka, here.

Also, TD is going to make Drew take a pay cut, regardless of who Buffalo pursues or picks in the draft.

We just cannot afford to go into this season with Drew's contact in it's current configuration. If nothing else, it will be a major distraction come late October and into November. What if Drew does well the first half of the season? Does TD then pay that rediculous bonus to invoke the rest of that even more rediculous contract? No way. Or does he decline to pay that bonus, thereby invoking the $2 Million buy out and making Drew a lame duck for the rest of the season?

This contract is major bad news. It MUST be changed or Drew must be cut if he isn't willing to alter it.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:04 PM
drew cut.. what a pipe dream..

i will be completely honest.. i think we would have a better chance of winning THIS SEASON with a rookie like rivers under center.. call me crazy.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i think we would have a better chance of winning THIS SEASON with a rookie like rivers under center.. call me crazy.
Dude, you're nuts. A rookie coming in has a better chance of winning than Drew? Man you've been hanging around Wys way too much.

L.A. Playa
03-06-2004, 11:07 PM
The last few years have proven one thing #1 draft picks at QB are not always the key to success, I think Peyton Manning is a great QB but he better make it to the Sb this year or the pressure is gonna be enormous on him after signing that contract. I think guys like Brady suceed because ther was really no pressure or expectation on him when he came in he just said yes sir to the coaches and saw it was succesful so his ego about what he could do never got in the way and he tried to do it his way regaedless of what coaches said like so many hyped # 1 picked QB 's do in the NFL

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Dude, you're nuts. A rookie coming in has a better chance of winning than Drew? Man you've been hanging around Wys way too much.

i might be.. but i am almost positive that rivers, or big ben, or manning could have put up 11 tds and 24 turnovers.. but hey.. what do i know.

and i dont hang out with wys! :D he lives in maryland.. i live in virginia..

:chuk:

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:17 PM
matter of fact.. i am willing to bet that almost any starting qb in the leauge could have put up 11 tds and 24 tos.. anyone... and not cost 6 million to do so..

The_Philster
03-07-2004, 02:19 AM
With Gilbride and Williams as coaches, I think even those pathetic stats (and stats are followed by those who don't understand what they are watching) were an accomplishment.

ryjam282
03-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Hey Tatonka, didn't TD already say at the time that he was willing to pay Peerless the Franchise tenure had no one come in and signed him so we could trade him? I thought I remember him saying that we would sign him for the 1 year franchise number? Let's just hope we can get another speed receiver to help Moulds out better cause I too believe in Reed but we have seen him struggle and he is clearly not as fast as we need over there.

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i might be.. but i am almost positive that rivers, or big ben, or manning could have put up 11 tds and 24 turnovers.. but hey.. what do i know.

and i dont hang out with wys! :D he lives in maryland.. i live in virginia..

:chuk:

With last season's play calls, and last season's (non existant) halftime adjustments to things like the blitz , and last season's sending Gash in motion, and last season's 83 consecutive 3rd and pass-regardless of the distance- yeah- I agree- any QB could have put up those ****ty numbers.

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

With last season's play calls, and last season's (non existant) halftime adjustments to things like the blitz , and last season's sending Gash in motion, and last season's 83 consecutive 3rd and pass-regardless of the distance- yeah- I agree- any QB could have put up those ****ty numbers.

:beers:

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 11:57 AM
I hate Bledsoe.:pow:

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Hey Tatonka, didn't TD already say at the time that he was willing to pay Peerless the Franchise tenure had no one come in and signed him so we could trade him? I thought I remember him saying that we would sign him for the 1 year franchise number? Let's just hope we can get another speed receiver to help Moulds out better cause I too believe in Reed but we have seen him struggle and he is clearly not as fast as we need over there.

TD did plan on the eventuality that if there were no takers for Price, he would pay and play him the $5 million. Atlanta jumped, and we got McGahee and Milloy (with the leftover cash) out of it- that's making something out of nothing!