PDA

View Full Version : what rookie is going to come in and do better than reed?

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:50 PM
just wondering?

because you all seem to think we need to draft a wr.. and then run a smash mouth offense?

other than moss and boldin.. who are obviously so few and far between.. what makes you think that a wr is going to come in here and make any impact what so ever??

who did carolina have? steve smith.. is moulds better than him ? yes.. steve smith and then a bunch of half decent guys.. an over the hill mussy muhammed.. that showed up once in a blue moon.. at least Reed still has a ton of upside.. you guys have given up on him so fast, it makes me sick.. hell with the attitude that i see from alot of you on wrs.. you all would have cut moulds after his second season too..

you dont need 2 1300 yard receivers to be successfull.. you need to run the damn ball and play defense.. and hit a couple big plays during the coarse of a game.. if you dont think that moulds, reed and shaw are capable of hitting a couple of big plays during a game.. then your nuts..

do you guys want to see drew dropping back to pass all the time because he thinks he has a new toy to throw to? i dont.. only way drew gets us to a superbowl is if he is handing the ball off all year.

:chuk:

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 10:52 PM
come to think of it.. we had 2 1200 yard receivers 2 years ago.. alot of good that did while the offense averaged 10 points a game over the final half of the season and we missed the playoffs.. yeah.. lets do that again.. it was fun!

L.A. Playa
03-06-2004, 10:56 PM
I would rather have two 1200 yard running backs than wide recievers, and we have two with that potential remember one thing when we wher going to super bowls
thurman was rushing for 1500 yards kenny davis 800 yards and reed was the only 1;000 yard reciever and that worked out pretty good

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:02 PM
pmacla.. you need to post more.

L.A. Playa
03-06-2004, 11:04 PM
I am more of an NBA fan than football fan and I have been enamored with my fantasy basketball teams, but I still love football and decided to put in my 2 cents worth tonight LOL

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:05 PM
well your a good poster.. especially because you agree with me :D

post more!

L.A. Playa
03-06-2004, 11:11 PM
I love sports it is a good distraction to my hectic life, but it does not rule my life and I can have an opinion but I can not change the decisions that are made by the teams I like. I am a realist the Bills could sign no one this year and win the Super Bowl or go to the Toilet Bowl, the exciting and entertaining part will be when they play the games. I am extremely excited about the upcoming year because I cant wait to see Mc Gahee play I hope he is as awesome as I think he will be

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
I cant wait to see Mc Gahee play I hope he is as awesome as I think he will be

well.. my dolphins friend got me his jersey for christmas as a joke after he almost saw me have a meltdown on draft day.. so he will be a stud for sure now! :D

BIGDAWG
03-06-2004, 11:20 PM
I think the new coaching will win us more games than any free agent brought in...:chuk:

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG
I think the new coaching will win us more games than any free agent brought in...:chuk:

agree completely.

Marvelous
03-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
just wondering?

because you all seem to think we need to draft a wr.. and then run a smash mouth offense?

other than moss and boldin.. who are obviously so few and far between.. what makes you think that a wr is going to come in here and make any impact what so ever??

who did carolina have? steve smith.. is moulds better than him ? yes.. steve smith and then a bunch of half decent guys.. an over the hill mussy muhammed.. that showed up once in a blue moon.. at least Reed still has a ton of upside.. you guys have given up on him so fast, it makes me sick.. hell with the attitude that i see from alot of you on wrs.. you all would have cut moulds after his second season too..

you dont need 2 1300 yard receivers to be successfull.. you need to run the damn ball and play defense.. and hit a couple big plays during the coarse of a game.. if you dont think that moulds, reed and shaw are capable of hitting a couple of big plays during a game.. then your nuts..

do you guys want to see drew dropping back to pass all the time because he thinks he has a new toy to throw to? i dont.. only way drew gets us to a superbowl is if he is handing the ball off all year.

:chuk:
This is a GREAT post. I agree 100%.
Reed could still develop into a solid possesion,3rd down,WR.
**We have bigger needs then WR in the draft imo...

Throne Logic
03-06-2004, 11:57 PM
See, T? There are others . . .

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 12:03 AM
I'd be interested if Shaun Andrews OT falls to the 13 spot- would ya grab him and move Jennings inside?

Smashmouth, baby!

Bmax
03-07-2004, 12:04 AM
The point i would like to make is simple.....You need a guy who can make plays when your running game is not going well or when you use play action or when the main man at wr is doubled..... Reed had a golden opportunity to make them(plays) and he didn't on a consistent basis.

I haven't given up on reed i just feel he is a slot wr ...Shaw is just a fill in guy who helps on thrid downs....Remember moulds is 30.. And i don't know about you but i would love to have the heir apparent on the roster this season......Here is a question for all who are against drafting a wr in rd one or 2.....

If moulds gets hurt who will make the big plays for us down field on a consistent basis ? And no matter what kind of offense we have we will still need to keep defenses honest.....

Reed ? Maybe....Shaw -no.. Coleman ha.....Nuff said.....the rookie may not be all that this season but who is only looking at this season ? I'm looking at the next 2 -3 seasons ..

There are 10 quality wr in my opinon in this draft that will be drafted in the first three rounds...Surley we can use one of our picks to add quality depth to our roster.....Why stand pat with coleman, aiken and brown who offer little or nothing ....Here are the 10 Ranked in my order of preference.

1. Larry Fitzgerald-top 3 pick

2. Roy williams-top 10

3. Lee Evans-top 20 pick- i love this guy big play maker with blazing speed.

4. Rashun Woods-Really goes after the ball plays like moulds..4.4 -40 improved draft stock ist round pick top 20-25

5. Mike williams-very young just turned 20 in jan good size great hands .40 -time ? - has me wondering plus his age ..give me a guy who is ready and will make plays now...top 10 player on most boards not mine...could change with 40 time...

6. Reggie Williams - complete package-6-3-225-4.45-40...will be no 1 wr for some nfl team..mis first rounder

7. Micheal clayton-wr- 6-3 -198-ran 4.6-40 but he can play make plays down field better than former lsu team mate josh reed...late 1st early 2nd

8. Micheal jenkins-6-4-215-Ohio St-had great senior bowl week scouts love his size and his hands and speed....not a blazer 4.55-40 guy..big player maker in red zone area because of his size and jumping ability. 2nd rounder

9.Devrey Henderson-Lsu- i really like this guy hgreat speed 4.39-40.. deep threat who had a great senior bowl game..5-11-190...
Just started playing wr(FORMER RB) needs seasoning....2nd round pick who could return kicks in year one and be a thrid down speed guy ...

10. Ernest wilford-va tech-big wr -6-4-220-hands are ok not great run well after catch...4.55 guy late 2nd early 3rd round

Ilike evans for us he fits what we need .. he will be there at 13 which may be too high for him...a trade down into the teens and 20's would be more like it for him or woods....

My 1st option would be to go some where else in round one qb or cb....or ol.....then get henderson in round two or jenkins.

Other wr who could help even later are colbert from usc,newsome from oregon st and mid round guys sammie parker-OREGON-4.3-40 and morant from syracuse-6-4-225-4.4-40....(rounds 3-6)

With this draft being the best for wr in the last 20 yrs why not get one on day one especially when shaw is long gone next year....
The future is here... speed kills...

Bmax

Bmax
03-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Andrews in rd one at 13 would be excellent...i would move him to Lg.. for year one then next season if we can't sign jonas jennings we would have either williams or andrews at lt....Andrews is a huge dude 6-5 -366.. Would love for him to get down to 340.. Similar to williams and Lenoard davis who plays tackle for the ariz. cards

Got to think ahead in the nfl....Tht's why we have to draft a wr in the first three rounds the crop is too good to pass up......

Bmax

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 12:11 AM
bmax... great post.. and i actually agree to a certain extent.

and based on what you said, i can see the VALUE in drafting a wr in this draft.. but i still wouldnt call it a need..

reed was not exactly given a great opportunity last year, considering that moulds was a shell of himself after the injury he played through... so it wasnt like he even needed to be doubled.. and bledsoe is not making it easy for any of our wrs..

doz,
as far as taking andrews.. we are already paying big mike LT money.. i think that you take a chance to trade down if andrews is there, because someone will want a LT deperately.. and we have jennings, who is an above average LT, price who is a good LT in his own right.. and williams who should be the LT based on the huge money he is making.. as well as sullivan who is a natural tackle.. and then top that off with teague.. i just cant see the need for another LT..

socalfan
03-07-2004, 12:28 AM
I'm coming to the conclusion that you should only draft left tackles and convert them to guards, centers and the really athletic ones can be tight ends and fullbacks. That way, you'll have the best OL players playing all of the offensive line postions and you would also have interchangabe parts. :D

Bmax
03-07-2004, 12:32 AM
Andrews actually is a rt and more suited for the right .. a power drive blocker ...he would more than likely play rt or rg...on any team that drafts him ...I just feel this is nothing wrong with drafting a big ugly mean sob to power our smash mouth game....

Your point about price is a good one tonk...He will be our insurance in case jennings bolts....

Bmax

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Bmax
Andrews actually is a rt and more suited for the right .. a power drive blocker ...he would more than likely play rt or rg...on any team that drafts him ...I just feel this is nothing wrong with drafting a big ugly mean sob to power our smash mouth game....

Your point about price is a good one tonk...He will be our insurance in case jennings bolts....

Bmax

andrews is one hell of a singer too.. did anyone see him on the combine show in the nfl channel?

took some balls to sing acapello like that.

socalfan
03-07-2004, 01:17 AM
:rofl: really big ones too!

BillsFever
03-07-2004, 01:31 AM
It's because if we get another WR. a great TE. and the best OL in the league then Bledsoe will be one of the best QB's in the league. That's why we need another WR....and TE, and brick wall in front of him.

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
It's because if we get another WR. a great TE. and the best OL in the league then Bledsoe will be one of the best QB's in the league. That's why we need another WR....and TE, and brick wall in front of him.

:lol:

yeah.. it seems like people are saying that basically.. as if any qb in the nfl wouldnt be successful with a probowl team surrounding him.