PDA

View Full Version : Chris Gamble

LtBillsFan66
03-06-2004, 11:17 PM
How about another Ohio State alum? If we can't land Vincent or any other decent CB. What's his stock? I see Kiper has him at #15.

Thoughts?

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:20 PM
i wouldnt freak out about it.. because i think the guy is gonna be a damn good cb.. but per TDs own mouth.. Mcgee is gonna be a starter at some point.. you draft gamble .. and essentially what that says to me is.. that clements is gone when his contract is up.. and gamble and mcgee will be our cbs at some point in the future.

i just dont see him going there.. but this is the same guy that took WM with henry playing well.

LtBillsFan66
03-06-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm not sold on McGee one bit! I'm not down on him either.

I said it before and even you said it on the radio show...

CHRIS WATSON "looked good" in 2001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't put too much stock into how well someone plays given a few situations. Kevin Thomas also "looked good" in 2002.

We NEED a solid vet or a big name rookie to replace Winfield. Especially if we don't make a major upgrade at DE.

Tatonka
03-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I'm not sold on McGee one bit! I'm not down on him either.

I said it before and even you said it on the radio show...

CHRIS WATSON "looked good" in 2001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't put too much stock into how well someone plays given a few situations. Kevin Thomas also "looked good" in 2002.

We NEED a solid vet or a big name rookie to replace Winfield. Especially if we don't make a major upgrade at DE.

sometimes you also have to take a chance..

drafting gamble doesnt guarentee us anything... there have been plenty of rookie cb busts as well.. i think right out of the gates though.. mcgee has a better chance of success than gamble does .. simply based on experience.. nate clements took his lumps early.. and gamble will too.

he is a good cb though, no question.

LtBillsFan66
03-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Who's a good cb? McGee or Gamble? Who did you mean?

I guess you are right. I don't get overly worried often, but our current CB situation has my boxers in a bunch. :D

Dozerdog
03-06-2004, 11:59 PM
I'd have to see what is available when #13 comes up-

IF- one of our glaring Needs isn't there, and IF no one wants to trade down, then i'd consider Gamble.

Buffalo has so many options at this point

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 12:18 AM
i meant gamble is going to be good.. but i think mcgee will be exceptional as well.

Bmax
03-07-2004, 01:07 AM
i like both players...both can do more than play corner both excel in the return game.. i for one am very tired of clements running back punts .. use mcgee,brown or a draft pick....to handle the chore this season.... i would rather have a vet for a season or two if troy is not available what about bobby taylor....

Bmax

The_Philster
03-07-2004, 02:33 AM
I was just thinking the same thing before I opened this thread, BF1. Gamble's from Ohio State which always seems to be a good thing at the CB position. We just have to figure out, once draft day arrives, what our most glaring weakness is and draft accordingly.

not in any order....
QB
LDE
CB
FS
C