PDA

View Full Version : Call me Crazy

L.A. Playa
03-06-2004, 11:29 PM
but I think the Bills could be very successful with the talent in place and better coaching rather than the "teachers" we have had. The draft should be used to get players that can be prepared to lessen the hurt of losing players to FA, if they contribute right away then great if not prepare them to take over for guys who are gonna get their big payday elsewhere. I believe that Mc Gee can replace Winfield very nicely and I am happy Winfield got his $10mil + bonus it is his one chance and we couldnt give it to him so he went and got it so lets hope McGee works out and we draft Clement replacement this year that the way the NFL works these days guys get used to it

Throne Logic
03-06-2004, 11:33 PM
I hope you're right. Winfield was one heck of an open field tackler. He was a major reason this defense did so well last year. Competely underated, primarily, because he didn't catch interceptions.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but that's how I feel.

I do think McGee will be good, but they had better not leave him one on one with RB's and WR's on the flat, 'cuz he ain't no Antoine Winfield when it comes to that open-field tackling.

L.A. Playa
03-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Winfield was very good and that is why he got PAID, but it is up to the coaching staff to develop schemes that will make McGee succesful and help him gain confidence. Coaching is what makes the difference in the NFL today the talent levels on teams are so close that being prepared and having chemistry is what puts teams over the top. GW's downfall was his stubborness thinking he could fit any player into his system, coaches who succeed asses their talent and make schemes that maximizes the talent they have that is what makes Belechik so succesful he uses what he has not try to make his system work with players that just dont fit

Throne Logic
03-06-2004, 11:56 PM
I completely agree. I certainly don't feel that TD should have tried to retain AW for the price he was demanding.

I'm just somewhat concerned. Just a natural reaction to change, I guess.

Captain gameboy
03-07-2004, 05:25 AM
I've got no problem with us not being the team that paid AW that much money.
We have to execute a defense that can stop the NE offense, or they'll 6.7.8 yard us to death year after year.
So.....We went from being moderately desperate in the need to improve our pass rush to really desperate.