PDA

View Full Version : I think we're all selfish

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-07-2004, 12:15 AM
I remember Donahoe saying in his pc on the day that we released Ruben that we we were'nt going to be that active in FA this yr that the BILLS have a plan. Remember :cheers:

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 12:17 AM
it has to be fun to be a redskin fan and have so many things going on.. but people have to remember that those teams NEVER win the SB.. NEVER... this is not hockey.. or baseball.. you cant buy a championship.. it is teams like NE that go out and make the little moves that win. it has been shown time and time again.

The_Philster
03-07-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
it has to be fun to be a redskin fan and have so many things going on.. but people have to remember that those teams NEVER win the SB.. NEVER

It won't be fun to be them in a few years when they're in cap hell. :snicker:

Captain gameboy
03-07-2004, 05:05 AM
This thing with the Redskins is really somethng.
They admit they are setting themselves up on a three year plan, with absolutely no hope to comply with the terms in the fourth year and beyond on some of the contracts they've signed in the last week.
Gibbs says he thinks he can hold a solid core together even after three years, but wow---there are massive payouts in those deals.

helmetguy
03-07-2004, 07:54 AM
The Redskins are turning into the NFL's version of the NY Rangers.

Jan Reimers
03-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
I remember Donahoe saying in his pc on the day that we released Ruben that we we were'nt going to be that active in FA this yr that the BILLS have a plan.

Perhaps the plan is to go 4-12 next year. I think with our cuts (Brown, Moore et. al.) and losses (Winfield and more to come) vs. our meager FA signings (Villarrial) to date, we have taken a major step backwards.

We will have to sign Bober, Bruener, and Vincent just to get back to even. I'm frustrated with our lack of progress and fear that we'll end up far worse off than we started.

That's not much of a plan.

Thailog80
03-07-2004, 09:23 AM
I admit Im selfish....I want to win.

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 09:26 AM
I don't think Moore was very instumental in our ****ty season last year. Villarial is playing RG so he is not replacing Brown he is replacing Pucillo and Tucker and that is a major upgrade. Winfield was not worth what he got so I am not goign to blame TD for letting him go. Vincent and Bober and Bruener an dmany more free agents are still out there and besides it hasn't even been a week since free agency has started.

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Perhaps the plan is to go 4-12 next year. I think with our cuts (Brown, Moore et. al.) and losses (Winfield and more to come) vs. our meager FA signings (Villarrial) to date, we have taken a major step backwards.

We will have to sign Bober, Bruener, and Vincent just to get back to even. I'm frustrated with our lack of progress and fear that we'll end up far worse off than we started.

Are you serious? How is losing Brown and Moore a loss to the team? Brown was a penalty machine, and Moore was a backup TE.

If we replace Winfield with Vincent, the Cornerback position will look even better, IMO. If we sign Bobber, ourl ine is VERY much improved. Bruener would be a nice addition but wouldn't mean much if we didn't sign him.

That post was just stupid.

The_Philster
03-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Losing Brown was a loss, no matter the penalties...which are overblown. He hasn't been the penalty machine in years...I'd like to see a listing of penalties for 2003...I think Jennings may have had more.

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
it has to be fun to be a redskin fan and have so many things going on.. but people have to remember that those teams NEVER win the SB.. NEVER... this is not hockey.. or baseball.. you cant buy a championship.. it is teams like NE that go out and make the little moves that win. it has been shown time and time again.

They live out their victories from February through August. It's fooball season when they are miserable

Originally posted by gameboy
This thing with the Redskins is really somethng.
They admit they are setting themselves up on a three year plan, with absolutely no hope to comply with the terms in the fourth year and beyond on some of the contracts they've signed in the last week.
Gibbs says he thinks he can hold a solid core together even after three years, but wow---there are massive payouts in those deals.

I'll bet Gibbs won't be there when they take the fall. He's a lot older, and a lot richer. I can see him either getting the SB ring and bailing, or just returning to the track when his contract runs out. Is it longer than 3-4years?

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

i started to respond.. but i see the people below stated about what i would..

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
Are you serious? How is losing Brown and Moore a loss to the team? Brown was a penalty machine, and Moore was a backup TE.

If we replace Winfield with Vincent, the Cornerback position will look even better, IMO. If we sign Bobber, ourl ine is VERY much improved. Bruener would be a nice addition but wouldn't mean much if we didn't sign him.

Originally posted by The Spaz
I don't think Moore was very instumental in our ****ty season last year. Villarial is playing RG so he is not replacing Brown he is replacing Pucillo and Tucker and that is a major upgrade. Winfield was not worth what he got so I am not goign to blame TD for letting him go. Vincent and Bober and Bruener an dmany more free agents are still out there and besides it hasn't even been a week since free agency has started.

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Guys-

I got siding, New windows, and a new roof last summer. I came home from work when they were 25% of the way through the job. It looked like the house burned down- bare roof, debris everywhere. I was shocked. But I also realized it was a work in progress

While this is a work in progress and not very dramatic to date- did you expect the Redskins part 2? Let's get off the ledge people!

There are going to be some heavy hitters in FA after the draft, and after 6/1. People like Allstott or Lynch inTB are possibilities for the cutting block after 6/1. I for one, don't want to blow my small cap allowance (8 million aint much when 1/2 the teams are in the 8 figure range) on guys like woody, winfield- who just aren't worth it.

Spend wisely- Villarial, maybe Bober and Bruener - those are the small moves that help you now and in 2006.

When we meet hte redskins again in 2007, they will be a team in cap hell- it will be easy pickings

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 11:41 AM
Look at the teams who have made the most dramatic splashes this season to date

Redskins, Vikes, Lions, Jets (tried, anyway)- and look at their performance in the past few years. Not very impressive.

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Exactly, if we get Bobber, and Vincent I would consider this offseason VERY successful.

Jan Reimers
03-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Are you serious?

Ruben Brown, while probably no longer a Pro Bowler, is still a valuable O lineman. We have not as replaced him. Villarrial is a serviceable right guard who was not rated among the top 50 overall free agents, or among the top 10 FA O linemen.

Winfield is a top cover corner who, like Brown, has not as yet been replaced. Moore was a good back-up, as were Morris and Polk, who will in all probability soon be gone. Gash is also being shown the door.

But I'm stupid and you're a f**king genius, so at this very point in time - without knowing who else may be signed - we must be better off.

Jan Reimers
03-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Exactly, if we get Bobber, and Vincent I would consider this offseason VERY successful.

It's Bober, I believe, but I'm probably too stupid to know - and that's a lot of ifs.

kardshark19
03-07-2004, 04:31 PM
LOL! I was just about to ask, " Who the he11 is this Bobber guy?"

:rofl:

ShadowHawk7
03-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Ya, I am sorta disappointed so far as well. One story I read said that we made a serviceable offer to Vincent, but he declined it and moved on...

Jan Reimers
03-08-2004, 08:29 AM
If we don't get Vincent, there's probably an afl2 guy that we could get cheap. That would be viewed by some as another improvement - like a journeyman RG over an All Pro LG.

elltrain22
03-08-2004, 08:31 AM
I really think Terrence McGee will be a be a good cb for us anyways.

Jan Reimers
03-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
I really think Terrence McGee will be a be a good cb for us anyways.

I agree. I'd just like to see some experience there, just in case.