PDA

View Full Version : Satan Say's He's Going.... He's Certain Of It.

SkateZilla
03-07-2004, 09:12 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040307/1034808.asp?tbd1034808.asp

If We trade Satan We Better get a helluva Player in Return

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Well **** him. If he wants leave then get the **** out of here.

The_Philster
03-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well **** him. If he wants leave then get the **** out of here.
I don't believe he said he wants to...at least not in that article...only

Minutes after helping lead the Buffalo Sabres to a convincing 5-1 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, Satan not only reiterated his belief he's going to be traded before Tuesday's deadline, he said someone told him it's going to happen.

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

I don't believe he said he wants to...at least not in that article...only

Thsi is true but he also stated that he has wanted to leave for the last 2-3 years and his little phone call gesture only confirmed it for me.

qcsabresfan84
03-07-2004, 09:52 AM
he hasn't said anything about wanting to leave at all this year, it was all last year when the team had so many question marks

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 09:53 AM
I think you are over- reacting, Spaz.

And I wouldn't blame any Sabre if he asked out of Buffalo after last season. The old owners of the team lied to players (And the league for that matter) with the team's finances- forcing them to get rid of any players andf talent that cost any real money. Peca was low balled- Hasek gave up after the team lacked any commitment to putting a team in front of him- I don't blame the players one bit.

Now that being said- It's a shame the Sabres didn't try to get a top defenseman with one of their 3 goalies- it's the only major commodity the Sabres have. But I also understand the looming strike ahead and the Sabre's need not to take on extra costs that could threaten the team's existance if there is a strike

. Right now, this team is situated in the best position possible to emerge from the strike compeditive-they have the NHL's youngest roster, one of the least expensive- and there is nowhere to go but up. They are not the Red Wings who might come back after a season off without half of their over the hill roster- (Hull, Chelios, Hatcher, CuJo, Hasek, Yzerman, and so on)

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 09:53 AM
At this point, I'd hope the Sabres keep the team intact.

qcsabresfan84
03-07-2004, 09:56 AM
If Regier is smart, he won't trade Satan. We're trying to win games and Satan is a big reason why we have been.
Spaz, I don't see how you could be so mad at someone who helps us win.

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
If Regier is smart, he won't trade Satan. We're trying to win games and Satan is a big reason why we have been.
Spaz, I don't see how you could be so mad at someone who helps us win.

What's our record with Satan in the lineup? I am not blaming this season on just Satan this whole organization pisses me off. I honestly beleive they didn't expect to make the playoffs and that is the reason they haven't done anything to help our chances of getting there.

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Thsi is true but he also stated that he has wanted to leave for the last 2-3 years and his little phone call gesture only confirmed it for me.

1- Satan has in the past done some showboating after goals in lopsided wins- I remember some stupid "shuffle walk" he did a season or two ago-

2- Tie Domi was ejected. Satan isn't that brave (or stupid) to show up the Leafs in their house if Domi is around. Next game-Peters will be dressed for sure. (Do they even play again this year?)

3- I beleive he was imitating Joe Horn

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 10:05 AM
What's our record with Satan in the lineup? I am not blaming this season on just Satan this whole organization pisses me off. I honestly beleive they didn't expect to make the playoffs and that is the reason they haven't done anything to help our chances of getting there.

Nice Wysonian logic there. What's our record with Zhitnik? Curtis Brown? Biron? Patrick? Afinegenov? McKee?

As far as the playoffs- the difference between regular season and post seasin is the difference between losing money and turning a profit.

The organization wants to make the playoffs.

clumping platelets
03-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I want Brendan Witt from the Caps

AND

Steve Rucchin from the Ducks

:woot:

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Nice Wysonian logic there. What's our record with Zhitnik? Curtis Brown? Biron? Patrick? Afinegenov? McKee?

As far as the playoffs- the difference between regular season and post seasin is the difference between losing money and turning a profit.

The organization wants to make the playoffs.

Don't even compare me to wys. This true about the other players but just talking about the comment that Satan was the reason why we are winnign games. If the Sabres really want to make the playoffs they sure in the hell aren't showing the fans that but sitting on their hands. They are just praying that by doing nothing they can squeak in and the fans will be less hard on the front office in the future.

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 10:22 AM

1- Satan has in the past done some showboating after goals in lopsided wins- I remember some stupid "shuffle walk" he did a season or two ago-

2- Tie Domi was ejected. Satan isn't that brave (or stupid) to show up the Leafs in their house if Domi is around. Next game-Peters will be dressed for sure. (Do they even play again this year?)

Yes I know Satan has done some showboating before but I don't think that was what he was doing. It was strictly an I thing. I think he was telling other teams to give him a call that's what got out of it especially with all the rumors floating arounf about him leaving.

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Something to chew on-

Satan Is tied for Rick Martin for consecutive seasons leading the team in goals(5) I'd prefer we keep him. Don Cherry was right last nigt on HNIC- if the Sabres dump Satan- they might as well put up a "Go away" sign on the front door of the HSBC arena.

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 10:42 AM
It's true. IF that is the case it may be time for a new coach or at least a new philophy when your leading goal scorer only has 30 goals and 50-60 points your team obviously has offensive problems and that has been our problem for many years.

SkateZilla
03-07-2004, 10:58 AM

Nope...

Toronto Is Held Winless Against Buffalo This Year!! So If We make the Playoffs and Get Toronto Round 1.. Game ON!!!!!!

I Wanna Know WHO the Hell Told Him The Trade was Gonna Happen!!!

pyrrhonist
03-07-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm sure if he read all the trash being printed about being traded in the Buffalo News, he'd be well aware (As well as disgruntled, if he believed it).

I too, am puzzled as to how everyone can turn their backs on a player who's been our sole offensive bright spot since our Cup run in '99. Do we really have that little loyalty in sports these days? I have no doubt that due to being the highest paid player on the team, he's expected to be the top performer. However, this is the first year in recent years he hasn't been that. He's still producing, though. I would dare to say he's not nearly as inconsistent as Maxim, or Zhitnik. One night Zhitnik is a blueline force, the next night(s), he's as soft as Charmin, allowing forwards to basically set up camp around the crease. Same for Max. He can be a highlight reel that makes it to Sportscenter's highlight reel on a Saturday night, but then be invisible the next 6 games. Fancy jukes and spin moves maketh not a great hockey player.

realmendontwearteal
03-07-2004, 11:26 AM
that would be nice a sabre leaf playoff series...but we still have to make up 6 pts to get in.... i think it will happen..... i guess thats miros way of sayin i know im goin to a new team..(hopefully not the iles).

qcsabresfan84
03-07-2004, 01:10 PM

Don't even compare me to wys. This true about the other players but just talking about the comment that Satan was the reason why we are winnign games. If the Sabres really want to make the playoffs they sure in the hell aren't showing the fans that but sitting on their hands. They are just praying that by doing nothing they can squeak in and the fans will be less hard on the front office in the future.

I didn't say that Satan is the reason that we're winning games, but he is definately the biggest contributor. He has at least one point in 17 out of the last 18 wins that we've had. I would say that makes him fairly important.