PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Decision Tomorrow Morning

ZacGriffi~82
03-07-2004, 10:24 AM
I read on tbd that TD was on the variety club telethon last night and said a decision would be made Monday morning. Aperently he looked very "happy"

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 10:44 AM
i thought that the other article everyone was referring to was a little too vague to determine whether or not he was still interested in us.

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 10:55 AM
If he looked happy, I guess that means we signed him.

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 11:05 AM
or it could have ment that he got laid the night before..

or maybe he just slept at a holiday inn..

we never will know.

TedMock
03-07-2004, 11:11 AM
I hope we get him but I'm not holding my breath. I hate to say it but we're just not as attractive this off season as we were last. Cincy is actually in a similar light as we were a year ago. They look like a team on the rise with just a few missing pieces that would put them in the playoffs, unfortunately we took a step back.

BAM
03-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Maybe he is on Enzyte :idunno:

http://images.usatoday.com/news/healthscience/health/_photos/2002-04-18-inside-enzyte.jpg

Tatonka
03-07-2004, 11:33 AM
rofl.

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 11:38 AM
A lot of people are pissing me off(TedMock), Tell me how did we take a step back when its only the first week of Free agency?.... this team wasn't far away to begin Free agnecy and we are a couple of players away from being a SOLID team( C Chris Bobber, CB Troy Vincent)

Everyone has to remember we weren't in the position we were last year with all the cap room we had.

And people are also forgetting we got rid of Gilbridge and Williams.

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Dumping the jokers who coached last year's talent on offense is worth 2 games immediatly- if not a playoff spot.

Horrid coaching cost us the Texans, Colts, and Cowboys games off the top of my head- and we could have possibly squeezed another win or two out as well

Turf
03-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

we never will know.

Bhahahaha :lol!:

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Dozer~

I would say the Titans game as well..... I remember we were up 17-6, we had the ball in the middle of the 3rd quarter. We could've just ran the ball down there throats and run the clock down. Instead, we come out throwing Bledsoe gets sacked, FUMBLES, and Titans rally from there.

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 12:02 PM
That too- There are almost too many to mention

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 12:05 PM
I think there are two things-

1) redskins activity is making 31 other team's fans jelous and want "more" because someone else is getting players. Call it "keeping up with the Jonses (or Snyders)"

2) The most convenient Whipping boy (GW and KG) are gone-- time to hang the boogey man label on the next most convenient target- TD and Bledsoe. Some blame is deserved- but I can think of a lot worse runningthis team's front office or at QB

don137
03-07-2004, 12:55 PM

we never will know.

Or maybe he got laid at a Holiday Inn....

hintexas
03-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Or maybe he saved money on his insurance with GEICO

bdogg
03-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Dozer you are exactly right, we could be a lot worse. The Buffalo bills will be ready when the season starts! Hell lets start the season right now!!!!!!!!!!

StanMarino13
03-07-2004, 05:09 PM
I think Tedmock was referring to the year beofre last how u guys were 8-8, and attracted fas(spikes, posey, milloy, etc) then took a step back in record. (with two more losses to fiedler...j/k)

bills_7
03-07-2004, 05:30 PM
what do u think the chances r of actually getting vincent????

elltrain22
03-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Troy Vincent would be crazy to go anywhere else. He had better sign w/ us, and i think he will

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 05:42 PM
The only reason I think he wouldn't come here is because the secondary coach in Cinci was the secondary coach in Philly.

ShadowHawk7
03-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Dumping the jokers who coached last year's talent on offense is worth 2 games immediatly- if not a playoff spot.

Horrid coaching cost us the Texans, Colts, and Cowboys games off the top of my head- and we could have possibly squeezed another win or two out as well

Bills in 2003 - (KG + GW) = 19-0!!!!!! :naughty:

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
The only reason I think he wouldn't come here is because the secondary coach in Cinci was the secondary coach in Philly.
Really? :mad:

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Yes really.

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Really? :mad:

We also have Tom Modrak in our favor as well though!:up:

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 08:14 PM
How does Tom Modrak come into place with this?

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 08:15 PM
How does Tom Modrak come into place with this?

Hmm maybe because he was the GM for the Eagles for quite a while Vincent was playing there.:up:

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 08:19 PM
lol..... Im sure he would go with the secondary coach over the GM any day.

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 08:22 PM
lol..... Im sure he would go with the secondary coach over the GM any day.

Why he's the one who signed Vincent with the Eagles and gave him his :100: ! Vincent likes Modrak too if you listened to the interview on BB.com. He called Modrak "Little Barney Rubble".

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 08:25 PM
I have one question.... does TBD stand for The Bills Digest?

ShadowHawk7
03-07-2004, 08:27 PM
ya, seriously wut does TBD stand for?

TedMock
03-07-2004, 08:38 PM
A lot of people are pissing me off(TedMock), Tell me how did we take a step back when its only the first week of Free agency?.... this team wasn't far away to begin Free agnecy and we are a couple of players away from being a SOLID team( C Chris Bobber, CB Troy Vincent)

Everyone has to remember we weren't in the position we were last year with all the cap room we had.

And people are also forgetting we got rid of Gilbridge and Williams.

Dude, you totally missed what I said. I wasn't talking about this month at all. I was talking about being 8-8, a team on the rise with the ability to attract FA's. We were 6-10 last season (a step back, right?) and played horrible on offense. I DO think that we're only a few players away but we're not as "sexy" as we were a year ago to free agents. There was much more excitement in Cincy IMPROVING than us declining. I was in NO way at all talking about the first week of this year's free agency period. Getting Bober would be a HUGE pickup but it would be a lot more quiet than getting Spikes or Adams last year. I don't think we need a high profile guy though. Bober is an awesome and underrated player. I was only comparing the attractiveness of Cincy this year to us last year. I think players now are intrigued by Cincy. We need to prove it on the field again. Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time but as you can see we're actually in agreement as to where we are as a team.

TedMock
03-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by StanMarino13
I think Tedmock was referring to the year beofre last how u guys were 8-8, and attracted fas(spikes, posey, milloy, etc) then took a step back in record. (with two more losses to fiedler...j/k)

exactly.....thank you.

ScottLawrence
03-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Ok.... I see what you mean. Yea, I would say Cincinatti is a more attractive place right now then Buffalo.

But I also think we have more talent the Cincinatti does.

helmetguy
03-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Cincy will seem more attractive until Mike Brown reaches for the checkbook...in a locked box, stowed in a safe, in a secret compartment below thew floor of his vault. Brown handles nickles as if they were manhole covers.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-07-2004, 08:48 PM

we never will know.

YOU GUYS ARE :sick: YOU KNOW THAT!!!!! :lolhit:

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 08:50 PM
I have one question.... does TBD stand for The Bills Digest?

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
ya, seriously wut does TBD stand for?

Two Bills Drive!:up:

TedMock
03-07-2004, 08:50 PM
They are starting Palmer this year so it'll be interesting to see how he responds. I think Moulds is head and shoulders better than their WR's but their tandem is better than ours. Shaw and Reed aren't as good as Warrick. Our defense is definitely better. It's funny because I've always felt that if Corey Dillon was in a better place he'd be the best back in the league. Now Cincy's not a bad place and he goes off and runs his mouth. Pure cancer now and so talented. At least Henry keeps his mouth shut for the most part. Hopefully, if he's healthy and our future, McGahee will conduct himself the same way.

TedMock
03-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Cincy will seem more attractive until Mike Brown reaches for the checkbook...in a locked box, stowed in a safe, in a secret compartment below thew floor of his vault. Brown handles nickles as if they were manhole covers.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see how long this "change" will last. The love affair with Lewis won't last forever.

Halbert
03-07-2004, 09:43 PM
I would say Cincinatti is a more attractive place right now then Buffalo.

Where? In some evil parallel Spock with a goatee universe?

The Bills have been a top notch franchise for the last decade and a half. The Bengals have been the laughingstock of the league during the same period. Unless a player has jocks in their head there's no way Cincy looks better than Buffalo as a place to play, all other things being equal.

Bert102176
03-07-2004, 10:29 PM
lmao you guys are too funny

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2004, 11:11 PM
none of you have any real influencial things to say you all make me sick we're getting into the playoffs next year the only thing we really need is a reciever and we'll get him in the draft and bober wouldn't be that bad a pickup

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2004, 11:14 PM
or maybe he just got a hooker at the holiday inn or picked up a child from a gas station like t henry, oh yeah and her name was head hunter she just broke from a mental institution when he picked her up

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-07-2004, 11:21 PM
I heard from my friend tonight right in the middle of ESPN's Dream Job and I missed the rest of it! anyways he says don't read too much into the article that says that Vincent turned down the offer from the BILLS it's BS! He says that some reporter just made that story up just to fill the space just like CNNSI did when they said that the BILLS we're close to a deal with Damien Woody and we didn't even contact him or his agent. He has no idea what he's writing about! my friend also thinks that Vincent will be a BILL and look for him to sign a contract soon. :couch: :firehead:

Gunzlingr
03-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
or maybe he just got a hooker at the holiday inn or picked up a child from a gas station like t henry, oh yeah and her name was head hunter she just broke from a mental institution when he picked her up

link?

shelby
03-08-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
link?

:rofl:

Hopefully we'll hear something today.

clumping platelets
03-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7

dx/dy Bills in 2003 - dy/dt (KG + GW) = dx/dt 19-0!!!!!! :naughty:

This is better :nerd:

BigZ
03-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Several articles say Vincent is waiting to hear from Carolina.

My prediction: he won't make up his mind until the end of the week.