X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bober to replace Teague?

Center Trey Teague has support in the Bills' organization, but the starting center job still is up for grabs. The Bills are planning to bring Giants center Chris Bober to town this week, presuming he doesn't sign with Kansas City this weekend. Bober loved playing for new line coach Jim McNally, Bober's agent reports. So the jury is out.

The Bills have a $2 million option payment that's due Teague sometime in the next month. It wasn't due the first day of the league year, like a lot of other bonuses. The option payment would lock Teague up through 2005. If they don't pay the option bonus, then they would have to pay Teague an extra $1 million in base salary this year (bringing his base to $2.5 million) plus a $1 million reporting bonus. That's not going to happen. So the choices are pay him the $2 million option payment or find another center and release Teague
    I doubt the Bills would want to lock up TT till 2005 or pay him $2.5 mill a year. He just does not seem worth that type of money.

IMO, expect the Bills to sign Bober and cut Teague.

the OL next year probably will be:
    Jennings- Sullivan/Tucker - Bober - Villarrial - Williams
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • hintexas
    • Mar 2003

Well the Giants signed O'Hara from Cleveland to play center so it looks like Bober wont be resiginig with them.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

I don't think that Bober returning to the Gints was ever a real concern. Hopefully Bober wants to re-unite with his former OL coach.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

wow.. this is great news.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
          wow.. this is great news.
          It could be and it could also mean the the Cardinals might push harder for Bober.

Comment

• kal123
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Do people really think Tucker is worth keeping? I'm all for the rest of the line (and TT as well...if he could play another spot on the line), but for some reason I can't remember how Tucker was. (maybe it was because I had my eyes closed every time the O got on the field.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kal123
              Do people really think Tucker is worth keeping? I'm all for the rest of the line (and TT as well...if he could play another spot on the line), but for some reason I can't remember how Tucker was. (maybe it was because I had my eyes closed every time the O got on the field.
              I think Tucker played better than Pucillo. That is probably the reason why we signed him to a 3-4 year deal I beleive.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Re: Bober to replace Teague?

Originally posted by Romes
                the OL next year probably will be:
                Jennings- Sullivan/Tucker - Bober - Villarrial - Williams
                there's a couple Guards in this draft that could push to start at that LG spot too.i'm all for having depth too.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

After losing out on Woody we better sign Bober.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Romes
                    • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Bober to replace Teague?

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

there's a couple Guards in this draft that could push to start at that LG spot too.i'm all for having depth too.
                    Agreed Yeah, I didn't want to speculate too much about that LG spot because i think either Sullivan or Tucker are very capable but we could definitly draft a G to take that spot.
                    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by kal123
                      Tucker played very good imo. But its hard to give any props to anyone on our line last year. Starter or not keeping Tucker was a great move...
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I think Bober instead of Teague makes economic sense right now. He's probably at least as good as Teague. He's bigger and stronger, and he should be cheaper.

Tucker outplayed Pucillo last season IMO. The book on him is that he's smart, a hard worker, and a good technician, but doesn't have great foot speed. Coming out of college, Pucillo was said to be weak. He still seemed to be weak last season. If a couple years under Rusty Jones hasn't rectified that, I don't know that anything will.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Too late now but I wonder if we had any interest in Shaun O'Hara wo just signed the the Giants to be their center? He's pretty young too 26-27.

Comment

• hintexas
                            • Mar 2003

Looks like the Bengals are going to resign Center Rich Braham so they must be out of the running for Bober too.

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hintexas
                              http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/03/07/ben1a.html

Looks like the Bengals are going to resign Center Rich Braham so they must be out of the running for Bober too.
                              So that leaves us and the Cheifs. I bet when he comes in he will not leave without a contract.
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X