X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Villarrial vs. Woody

Detroit paid a $9.5 million bonus to get Pats guard Damien Woody. The total deal is six years and close to $30 million. Woody has been better than the guard the Bills signed from Chicago, Chris Villarrial. But Villarrial is solid and the Bills got him for a $3 million bonus and a total of $11.85 million. Is Woody three times better than Villarrial? No way. It was a smart signing by the Bills. Teams can't afford to invest giant dollars in guards, unless it's for someone like Larry Allen in his prime
    I agree 100% with this quote. I'm glad we got Villarrial and for a decent sized deal. Yes, Woody is better than him but the price to pay for the little extra talent is not worth it.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • StanMarino13
    • Jul 2003

Yeah overpaying for a guard isnt too smart, I'm glad we passed on him...Wish we had got Tait though, tackles are a different story.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

does detroit go after c.dillon now?they have a decent OL all of a sudden.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• kal123
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

We still need a new C badly.

Comment

• StanMarino13
          • Jul 2003

Heres what Pastabelly said about dillon(not sure if u care but...)Len Pasquarelli: Everybody finds it hard to believe that the Bengals can't find a buyer for Dillon. But the truth is, there is no market for him right now. He will be 30 years old, is a malcontent and will probably want more money

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

I think we made out like bandits. CV is a very underrated guy who we didn't pay all that much for, and woody would've cost us much more, and could still be just as good as CV
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Who is to say that CV isn't as good as Woody?

Comment

• StanMarino13
                • Jul 2003

Well at the price woody went at for a guard id say the guy u guys got was way better.

Comment

Working...
                X