PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone turning on Satan??

Makaveli
03-07-2004, 02:15 PM
I don't mean to start another "Satan's phone call" thread but I had to, why the hell is everyone saying ***** about Satan? he didnt do the gesture because "he wants to leave" as most of you are saying, he simply did it because "someone" told him he was going to be dealt, and not to mention the trade rumours as of late, he was just sending a message to all of the GM's to call his way since he is sure that Buffalo doesn't want him anymore, if Satan does get dealt, it better be to a playoff team!

JD
03-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Dude, I dont think that gesture was being an ass on his part, he just convinced hes being traded.

But I mean its not just for this that some dont want him here. I mean hasnt it been obvious that HE DOESNT WANT TO BE HERE!?!?

I mean if he was smart he woulda worked his ass off EVERY NIGHT to set an example for his teammates.

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 02:22 PM
:up: Miro

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 02:22 PM
If JD hates it, it has to be good for the sport

Makaveli
03-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
I mean if he was smart he woulda worked his ass off EVERY NIGHT to set an example for his teammates.

whats the point if he would be the only Sabre out there working his ass off? well good 'ol Danny Briere and rook Derek Roy have also been working hard out there!

The Spaz
03-07-2004, 02:26 PM
What?:dizzy:

qcsabresfan84
03-07-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm with you Makaveli. I don't see why everyone expects Satan to be perfect. I can guarantee that if we trade him, whatever we get in return won't be perfect either so will everyone hate him too?

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 03:19 PM
For what the sabres pay him, and for being saddled with a Curtis Brown as a center for half the season, I say he's doing pretty good as a Sabre. Get him a playmaking center, or team him with Drury

qcsabresfan84
03-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Yeah, Satan is at his best when he is on a line with Drury

Sabre Ally
03-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
If JD hates it, it has to be good for the sport :lol!:

mchurchfie
03-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Satan is disenchanted with this team anymore because Regier has done very little to take it to the next level. Its a shame that he has played uninspired for a good portion of the year and is now working his ass off to showcase his abilities to impress whoever he is going to get traded to...I think that is VERY lame of him. However, he is still one of the few snipers that we have and you can rest assured that Regier will only deal him for a draft picks or some prospects.:cynic: Also, if you get him out of Ruff's very repressive "defense first, then offense as an afterthought" system he will probably easily be a 40 goal scorer. The whole situation sucks, I will hate to see him go but at this point it needs to be done if he doesn't want to be here. I just wish that Regier could get someone in here of similar stature, but it won't happen because he won't want to open up the wallet. Regier likes to impress all of his owners by kissing ass and saving them money instead of taking a little risk and trying to bring a winning team to this city.:cynic:

Makaveli
03-07-2004, 04:46 PM
there will NEVER be any hope for Buffalo if Satan is traded for draft picks and/or prospects. I have put up with regiers crappy trades or lack there of, but if we don't get another good player for Satan, oh man!!!

pyrrhonist
03-07-2004, 05:10 PM
I'll just cut & paste my response from one of the other threads:

I too, am puzzled as to how everyone can turn their backs on a player who's been our sole offensive bright spot since our Cup run in '99. Do we really have that little loyalty in sports these days? I have no doubt that due to being the highest paid player on the team, he's expected to be the top performer. However, this is the first year in recent years he hasn't been that. He's still producing, though. I would dare to say he's not nearly as inconsistent as Maxim, or Zhitnik. One night Zhitnik is a blueline force, the next night(s), he's as soft as Charmin, allowing forwards to basically set up camp around the crease. Same for Max. He can be a highlight reel that makes it to Sportscenter's highlight reel on a Saturday night, but then be invisible the next 6 games. Fancy jukes and spin moves maketh not a great hockey player.

Don Cherry said it best last night on the HNIC broadcast---If the Sabres ship Miro out, they may as well put a "Don't come to the games" sign on the front of HSBC.

Makaveli
03-07-2004, 05:20 PM
nice post pyrrhonist

and also, people say he is doing crap all, he is our leading goal scorer sure! he obviously hasnt been playing as good as other years but he is still the teams leading goal scorer, that has to count for something!

and on the subject of HNIC last night, It made me really mad how the announcer made such a huge deal about Satan doing that phone gesture, he was talking about it for the rest of the period and for a little after that, saying "oh just play the game" and whatever, I was watching the game with a friend last night and he made a really good point, if it was Wayne Gretzky or someone who did that, they wouldnt say $h*t about it! they'd have a good laugh about it and think it was all gravy, but oh a not so super star european player can never try something like that, and this also reminds me of a few months ago, Sabres vs Canadians, Satan scored the OT winner and he dropped to his knees in the corner, dropped his gloves and put his arms out, big deal right, Don Cherry unloaded on him, "this isn't soccer, there's no need for that"... that crap pisses me off, but I am not a fan of Don Cherry anyway so...

pyrrhonist
03-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Those buffoons that call the Leafs games are about as objective as Fox News is "fair & balanced". I was amazed how Millen could spend 15 minutes straight talking about the "incident", when it wasn't that big of a deal. I guess it was better than them having to address the fact that the Leafs were getting their asses kicked. :up: