PDA

View Full Version : A DL veteran on the way?

The Shadow
07-24-2002, 12:09 PM
From todays BuffNews:

Q: Speaking of the defensive line, all Bills fans are concerned about it. Is it safe to say Antoine Winfield won't have to lead the team in tackles again?

A: We're blessed to have corners here who can really play in the run game. They're physical corners along with being good coverage corners. But we have to have an attitude defensively where our defensive line and linebackers have to try to make every play. Our defensive line is improved. We have some very good prospects there. I think we'll see a huge step from the first year to the second year on some of these guys. But we still need a leadership voice in that group.

Still need a leadership voice on the DL is an understatement. Even with Big Pat they only average like 1.5 years in experience. A free agent DL signing is almost a must. I bet we see one after Mike W and the other rookies are signed.

:punk:

Romes
07-24-2002, 12:20 PM
That leadership will probably be Shawn Price

The Shadow
07-24-2002, 12:27 PM
While I wouldn't mind if Price is resigned at the vet minimum for a veteran presence, I hope GW has someone else in mind. Shawn always plays hard but he doesn't have the skills to back up any leadership on the field and would be a backup at best.

DraftBoy
07-24-2002, 01:36 PM
I dont lik Price, he dont do anything really. He provides rest but takes reps from some of the younger lineman I would prefer to have younger guys than price.

WagonCircler
07-24-2002, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure Price would take it well if you were to lik him.

THATHURMANATOR
07-24-2002, 06:35 PM
I would rather not sign anyone if they are thinking about Price. I never thought he was really that good, and now he is coming off injury.