PDA

View Full Version : If TD drafts Ben in the first round....

DB1111
03-07-2004, 08:47 PM
IF TD moves up in the draft to get Ben at QB will that signal a trade of Bledsoe on draft weekend??

OR will Ben still sit for one season as Bledsoe plays his final year as a Bill?

The Cowboys have not made a move yet for a QB and I wonder if Parcells is waiting to trade a draft pick or player for Bledsoe?

eyedog
03-07-2004, 08:54 PM
If the Bills get Ben R. they should consider themselves damn lucky to have him.
Ben would sit this year and Drew would start.

TedMock
03-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Door #2. I don't think we're going for Ben but if we do it's better not to throw him right in anyway. He's physically gifted but not ready to start imo. He didn't play a bunch of quality competition and when he finally did against Iowa he looked terrible. I think he'll be fine but why not wait one year if you have that luxury.

helmetguy
03-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Doubtful. I think TD IS looking toward the future, though; so he wouldn't risk that by asking a rookie to carry the load. TD still sees some promise in this team, in spite of the shambles GW and KG left last season with. If it looks like this next season is destined to turn out like last year's though, it's probable that the "QB of the Future" (whomever that may be) will get considerable playing time. Still, it's too early to make any predictions, since we've just entered the free agent signing period.

bdogg
03-07-2004, 09:13 PM
A rookie is not ready to start for this team, Drew is still our man, lets have some faith in him. Last season when our line decided to block Drew had really good games, Hes not washed up just yet!

Forward_Lateral
03-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Rookie QB's fresh out of college that are thrust into a starting role, for the most part, fail miserably. Look at the most recent ones: Brees, Leaf, Cade McNown, all were highly touted and expected to make an imediate impact on their team. The only one who I can remember that started right out of college that didn't fail was Peyton Manning, there's no Peyton in this draft, an Eli, but no Petyon.

eyedog
03-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Peyton took his lumps also in his first year. Check out the interceptions. Thats just the nature of the position, it takes time to adapt and develop into the pro game at the qb postion.
Marino is the only one that I can recall that really lit it up in his first year, but he did not start from week one either. I remember him sitting for at least a good part of the start of the season.

elltrain22
03-07-2004, 10:34 PM
TD will never let this happen, so us even talking about this is a waste of time

Dozerdog
03-07-2004, 11:20 PM
1- Bills won't trade up

2- if Big Benis still there for the taking at 13, Bledsoe wil be the starter for at east 1 if not more seasons

3- No one is going to trade for Bledsoe. Even if they wanted him, (let's say for argument's sake- Dallas) no team is going to trade for a QB making 6 Million with a 7 Million november bonus.

If the Bills rework the deal (as expected) whatever bonus he will get will be accelerated into the Bills' cap.

So, in a nutshell- even if a team wants him, for financial reasons it won't happen.

I don't want a rookie at the helm. This team has a legit playoff chance- and if you don't want DB- you have to find another experienced vet that won't chew up cap space