PDA

View Full Version : defensive end

cdrem
03-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Has anyone heard where Wiley might be playing next year?

Novacane
03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
I have not heard a thing on him.

Aero II
03-08-2004, 10:53 AM
I heard that he visited Seattle (after the Winstrom signing) and that the Ravens were interested.

The Natrix
03-08-2004, 11:32 AM
No clue.

By the way, welcome to the zone, cdrem!

BAM
03-08-2004, 11:51 AM
:welcome: :D

no news on wiley that i know of

Hermanator21
03-08-2004, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't be to high on wiley coming back although it would be great if he did. If my memory is correct TD regime were the ones who decided to let him go in FA in the first place.

Gunzlingr
03-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Hermanator21
I wouldn't be to high on wiley coming back although it would be great if he did. If my memory is correct TD regime were the ones who decided to let him go in FA in the first place.

It was business, nothing personal. We couldn't pay both him and EM.

Hermanator21
03-08-2004, 12:10 PM
True, come to think about it though there aren't to many players who come back to their old team once they left....unless it is a one day contract to retire with that team.

Novacane
03-10-2004, 08:01 AM
ESPN insider finally has something about him

Says he visited the Seahawks, is going to visit the cowboys and that the Jags, Vikings, Ravens and Rams are interested too.

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 08:12 AM

chosing between him or moulds was TDs very first decision as a bill.. that and rj/flutie.

Jeff1220
03-10-2004, 09:23 AM
True, come to think about it though there aren't to many players who come back to their old team once they left....unless it is a one day contract to retire with that team.

well, I can think of a few off the top of my head:
Shannon Sharp went back to Denver
Sam Gash went back to Buffalo
Gunther Cunningham is back in KC after getting fired
Dave Moore just went back to Tampa

I'd imagine there's more, but you're right - it isn't very common.

Jan Reimers
03-10-2004, 10:08 AM
I would be worried about Wiley's drop off in productivity. He doesn't seem to be anywhere near the player he was here, or early on with the Bolts.

justasportsfan
03-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220

well, I can think of a few off the top of my head:
Shannon Sharp went back to Denver
Sam Gash went back to Buffalo
Gunther Cunningham is back in KC after getting fired
Dave Moore just went back to Tampa

I'd imagine there's more, but you're right - it isn't very common. Cecil Collins went back to jail and Lawrence Philipps is on his way back there too.

Gunzlingr
03-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Cecil Collins went back to jail and Lawrence Philipps is on his way back there too.

Yeah, but those two are superstars, the other list is just a bunch of has beens. :D