PDA

View Full Version : I thought I had heard and seen it all involving Doug Flutie until today. What a joke

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Brace yourself for this my fellow Bills fans...

I had the unfortunate luck of having to meet this moron at work tonite. Of course I was decked out in some of my Bills gear and we got into a discussion about non other that our favorite team "The Buffalo Bills"

He said he's been a Bills fan for years(I highly doubt that) but he thinks that we'd be better off with Doug Flutie right now, LMAO.

His exact statement was...

"If the Buffalo Bills would've kept Doug Flutie we'd be a better team right now"

His theory was this..."If the Bills would've still had Doug Flutie they'd be a better team right now because they could've drafted Ryan Simms instead of Mike Williams because Doug Flutie doesn't need a good offensive line, thus they could've drafted Simms and shored up their DL and had a great offense and a good defense. Then next year they could've drafted a QB with the 1st round pick they "wasted" on Drew Bledsoe for Flutie to groom into a star like he did with Drew Brees"

I started laughing so hard it wasn't funny. It got pretty heated cause he wouldn't shut up about his little hero so I told him if he was so good how come he is probably going back to the CFL next year. He went on to say "If Doug goes back to the CFL next year it will be to prove the Bills, Chargers, and the rest of the NFL WRONG again cause they don't deserve him"

I couldn't take it anymore say he called me an ******* and asked why I was laughing at him. I told him because he was a moronic idiot to think anything like that. He got all pissy and went and told my bosses. I got yelled at till I told them the circumstances then they just laughed too and didn't blame me one bit.

Oh yeah, and this dude had Canadian plates...Go figure

I know it sounds something out of a fairy tale story but it's 100% true. I didn't think anybody could be that stupid. I guess I was wrong.

Ð
10-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Yeah & I'm still pissed at you eh, ya frickin' *****.

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-14-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by BigDoug

LOL

RedEyE
10-14-2002, 10:36 PM
The next time you see him, tell that idiot that Ryan Simms just acquired a season ending injury this past weekend.

Oh and ...uh ...... that he is wrong too.

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-14-2002, 10:39 PM
I didn't hear about Simms and his injury. I wish I would've known about that tonite.

I'm sure it didn't help that he held out as long as he did. That could've played a role in it.

Sabre Ally
10-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by BigDoug

:rofl::lmao:

Rebecky
10-14-2002, 11:06 PM
Congrats, PA -- you've just earned one of my infamous "granny lectures on good manners":

You're entitled to your opinion, but mocking someone else just because they hold an opinion different from yours is both rude and disrespectful. You didn't make him look foolish at all, IMHO, but you made yourself look immature and unmannerly.

Now, lecture is over. We'll drop the subject.

WG
10-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the world of Flutie Lovers!

They travel around in a pack to worship at the feet of this overrated, self-absorbed, ego-maniac who has proven that the only thing he's capable of being consistent with is putting his own personal interests above team interests. The only reason he's been quiet this season is that he would have been cut if he had started *****ing.

PA, this mentality about the midget is nothing new. Did you ever notice how many fewer Canadian fans the Chargers have this season. Coincidence? Last year they were all long-time Charger fans. Now, they don't even visit their boards and you don't hear from them anymore. Strange, don't you think.

Ð
10-14-2002, 11:14 PM
Flutie Lovers :rolleyes: :lmao:

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-14-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Welcome to the world of Flutie Lovers!

They travel around in a pack to worship at the feet of this overrated, self-absorbed, ego-maniac who has proven that the only thing he's capable of being consistent with is putting his own personal interests above team interests. The only reason he's been quiet this season is that he would have been cut if he had started *****ing.

PA, this mentality about the midget is nothing new. Did you ever notice how many fewer Canadian fans the Chargers have this season. Coincidence? Last year they were all long-time Charger fans. Now, they don't even visit their boards and you don't hear from them anymore. Strange, don't you think.

You must be a Flutie fan.

It's easy to say when you didn't have to stand there and listen to him ramble on like a dog in heat about him.

Rebecky
10-14-2002, 11:18 PM
I remain a Flutie admirer. In fact, I became a Bills fan from down here in Tennessee BECAUSE I followed Flutie's career. He's more than a good football player, he's a unique and interesting person.

So, Wys, I suppose all your general comments about "Flutie lovers" apply to me? That's OK -- if the basis of your deprecating remarks is the fact that I admit to admiring a fine and talented human being, then your insults are, in fact, compliments to me.

Ð
10-14-2002, 11:20 PM
LMAO "Flutie Magic" Strikes again!

PA Season Ticket Holder
10-14-2002, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the lecture, but no thanks.

Sorry I laughed at your cousin but he deserved it. Anyway, he called me an a$$hole first.

Rebecky
10-14-2002, 11:32 PM
BTW, BigDoug -- I love your hockey fan picture.

And yes, PA, I can understand how frustrating it is when someone goes ON and ON about someone you can't personally stand -- if I can't change the subject gracefully, I sometimes ask myself if it's worth engaging them in debate, or if that will just frustrate me more. Of course, you can always excuse yourself to the ladies' room, but that really is kind of rude, too, when it's obvious that you're just trying to get away from the person. I generally let them know that I really don't think much of the person they admire, and I'd really like to change the subject, and if they continue to go ON and ON after that warning, THEN I excuse myself to the ladies' room.

Ð
10-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Rebecky, which hockey fan was that ?

Rebecky
10-14-2002, 11:46 PM
BigDoug -- the picture in all your posts, the little guy saying, "dat's for shore!!" -- super cute.

Andrea1234
10-14-2002, 11:48 PM
oh please fultie was a good QB but not as good as drew :) so tell your "Friend" to look at how drew plays then tell him to pick whos the better QB for us we wouldnt be 3-3 today

Ð
10-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Rebecky, do you know who the little guy is ?

Rebecky
10-14-2002, 11:51 PM
No -- who is he?

Sabre Ally
10-14-2002, 11:52 PM
I know :D

Ð
10-14-2002, 11:55 PM
http://www.filibustercartoons.com/CHRETIEN.jpg

Does this help?

Rebecky
10-14-2002, 11:59 PM
Sorry, I remain clueless . . . . . . who is it? Come on, have a heart, tell me. I'm dying to know.

Ð
10-15-2002, 12:02 AM
The Right Honorable Joseph J. Jean Chretien

Party: Liberal

Jean is the Prime Minister of the Dominion of Canada. He sometimes gets a little cranky because people make fun of his facial paralysis, or the fact that he can't speak English or French properly. When he gets really mad he's been known to strangle or pepper spray people, so its best to try and stay on his good side.

Sabre Ally
10-15-2002, 12:05 AM
:lol:

fabolouspaul
10-15-2002, 02:03 AM
Doug Flutie had a great record as a Buffalo starter. I thought he did pretty good. :couch: Oh well, it's over now. We have a winner in Drew! .:gobills:

northernbillfan
10-15-2002, 02:21 AM
BTW, BigDoug -- I love your hockey fan picture.
http://www.footballhuddles.com/vBulletin/images/smilies/rofl.gif Rebecky http://www.footballhuddles.com/vBulletin/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Now starting for the Washington Capitals in goal #31...
http://www.news.harvard.edu/guide/students/images/yrbook/gw_bush.jpg

Sabre Ally
10-15-2002, 02:23 AM
:eek:

The_Philster
10-15-2002, 03:16 AM
:rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
10-15-2002, 04:37 AM
that's pretty funny.you should have asked him how it feels that futile will end his NFL career with a 9-game losing streak.

Ebenezer
10-15-2002, 06:38 AM
Flutie is still on a 9 game losing streak...

and that is horrible picture of W...then again is there a good one?

doug45
10-15-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
Brace yourself for this my fellow Bills fans...

I had the unfortunate luck of having to meet this moron at work tonite. Of course I was decked out in some of my Bills gear and we got into a discussion about non other that our favorite team "The Buffalo Bills"

He said he's been a Bills fan for years(I highly doubt that) but he thinks that we'd be better off with Doug Flutie right now, LMAO.

His exact statement was...

"If the Buffalo Bills would've kept Doug Flutie we'd be a better team right now"

His theory was this..."If the Bills would've still had Doug Flutie they'd be a better team right now because they could've drafted Ryan Simms instead of Mike Williams because Doug Flutie doesn't need a good offensive line, thus they could've drafted Simms and shored up their DL and had a great offense and a good defense. Then next year they could've drafted a QB with the 1st round pick they "wasted" on Drew Bledsoe for Flutie to groom into a star like he did with Drew Brees"

I started laughing so hard it wasn't funny. It got pretty heated cause he wouldn't shut up about his little hero so I told him if he was so good how come he is probably going back to the CFL next year. He went on to say "If Doug goes back to the CFL next year it will be to prove the Bills, Chargers, and the rest of the NFL WRONG again cause they don't deserve him"

I couldn't take it anymore say he called me an ******* and asked why I was laughing at him. I told him because he was a moronic idiot to think anything like that. He got all pissy and went and told my bosses. I got yelled at till I told them the circumstances then they just laughed too and didn't blame me one bit.

Oh yeah, and this dude had Canadian plates...Go figure

I know it sounds something out of a fairy tale story but it's 100% true. I didn't think anybody could be that stupid. I guess I was wrong.

How long has Flutie been gone? Years!!!!! And we still waste time Flutie bashing. Where are we that if someone dose not think what you think they are an "Idiot, Moron, Stupid", isn't that the type of people that we are at war with now.

Let's not drum this negitive crap up again, it serves no purpose except to divide the fans. We are back together now please do not stir up trouble again.

Johnson ---Gone
Flutie--------Gone

Leave it alone, to bring it up again says you liked the way the team was and you would like to bring things back to that way.

Earthquake Enyart
10-15-2002, 06:55 AM
I hope he goes back to Canada and really shows us. Then in fact he will be the tallest dwarf.

Herdwatcher
10-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Rebecky
Congrats, PA -- you've just earned one of my infamous "granny lectures on good manners":

You're entitled to your opinion, but mocking someone else just because they hold an opinion different from yours is both rude and disrespectful. You didn't make him look foolish at all, IMHO, but you made yourself look immature and unmannerly.

Now, lecture is over. We'll drop the subject.

Rebecky, you're the one who wants to demote head coaches instead of firing them, right? Just checking.:peace:

Novacane
10-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Doug Flutie was a jerk and a cancer to this team! Canadians and women are the ones that are still in love with him!

Herdwatcher
10-15-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by doug45

How long has Flutie been gone? Years!!!!! And we still waste time Flutie bashing. Where are we that if someone dose not think what you think they are an "Idiot, Moron, Stupid", isn't that the type of people that we are at war with now.

Let's not drum this negitive crap up again, it serves no purpose except to divide the fans. We are back together now please do not stir up trouble again.

Johnson ---Gone
Flutie--------Gone

Leave it alone, to bring it up again says you liked the way the team was and you would like to bring things back to that way.

Well, didn't you read what the guy had to say? I think PA hit it right on the head. If anything , PA just stood up for the Buffalo Bills AND Drew Bledsoe if you ask me.
HAIL PA HAIL PA!!:patriot:

Rebecky
10-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Sorry I didn't recognize your Canadian PM -- wasn't he the guy GWBush referred to as "president of Canada"? Last year we visited Canada and fell in love with it -- if we're ever able to move to the Buff area, we'll spend half our time over the border. Guess we'd better brush up on our knowledge of the country -- and on our French.

casdhf
10-15-2002, 03:15 PM
French-Canadians are the worst kind

doug45
10-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Doug Flutie was a jerk and a cancer to this team! Canadians and women are the ones that are still in love with him!

Is this the smartest post we can come up with???? Insults for anyone that dose not agree with one side or the other. I thougt we were going forward but I guess we just regressed 3 years.

Sabre Ally
10-16-2002, 12:41 AM
:cas::whip: I have friends in Quebec :tongue:

WG
10-23-2002, 06:05 AM
Rebecky,

"So, Wys, I suppose all your general comments about "Flutie lovers" apply to me?"

My comments were about any and all fans for whom Flutie was bigger than the team and game. If that applies to you, then it does. If not, then it doesn't. IDK you.

It does apply to all of those fans who instantaneously became "long-time" Charger fans last year for "some unbeknownst reason" all of a sudden.

For those to whom I referred, Flutie is more important that the game of football, and more specifically, he is more important than the team he's on. There were quite a few Bills fans who simply liked Flutie more than anyone else but still preferred that the Bills win. Others, would rather have seen Flutie lose than Rob in there for a win or anyone else for that matter. All they wanted was that Flutie play.

Let's face it, Flutie is a cult icon who's always had, IMO, the strongest non-football related following of any player that ever played. He's a very charismatic persona who puts forth great perceptions and handles himself like a finely honed politician publicly. All the earmarks of someone who has the ability to drum up popular support in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, football abilities are not necessarily part of that. Many of the people who I know that love Doug are A. women, and B. really don't care where he's playing. They still love the guy. That very clearly tells me that there's something "a little different" going on here.

Some people, many, many people, simply love the guy b/c of all that and that then spills over onto a football field/team. As to me, I just never have seen such support for a QB who routinely led his team to under 20 points. No other QB in the history of the game got credit for being great after having led their team to 13, 16, 17 points etc. win or lose. Usually under those circumstances the D gets credit. Not w/ Doug though. He ensures that.

There is unquestionably a phenomina going on around Doug. He's confident, too much so for his own good IMO. He's charismatic, which people are attracted to. He's outspoken and he's a relatively suave looking guy which explains why most of his following is women and therefore less football related.

That's about all there is to it. B/c his track record in the NFL certainly doens't leap off the page at anyone.

Ebenezer
10-23-2002, 06:30 AM
I'll say it again....9 game losing streak.

casdhf
10-23-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
As to me, I just never have seen such support for a QB who routinely led his team to under 20 points.

:gag: