I thought I had heard and seen it all involving Doug Flutie until today. What a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

I thought I had heard and seen it all involving Doug Flutie until today. What a joke

Brace yourself for this my fellow Bills fans...

I had the unfortunate luck of having to meet this moron at work tonite. Of course I was decked out in some of my Bills gear and we got into a discussion about non other that our favorite team "The Buffalo Bills"

He said he's been a Bills fan for years(I highly doubt that) but he thinks that we'd be better off with Doug Flutie right now, LMAO.

His exact statement was...

"If the Buffalo Bills would've kept Doug Flutie we'd be a better team right now"

His theory was this..."If the Bills would've still had Doug Flutie they'd be a better team right now because they could've drafted Ryan Simms instead of Mike Williams because Doug Flutie doesn't need a good offensive line, thus they could've drafted Simms and shored up their DL and had a great offense and a good defense. Then next year they could've drafted a QB with the 1st round pick they "wasted" on Drew Bledsoe for Flutie to groom into a star like he did with Drew Brees"

I started laughing so hard it wasn't funny. It got pretty heated cause he wouldn't shut up about his little hero so I told him if he was so good how come he is probably going back to the CFL next year. He went on to say "If Doug goes back to the CFL next year it will be to prove the Bills, Chargers, and the rest of the NFL WRONG again cause they don't deserve him"

I couldn't take it anymore say he called me an ******* and asked why I was laughing at him. I told him because he was a moronic idiot to think anything like that. He got all pissy and went and told my bosses. I got yelled at till I told them the circumstances then they just laughed too and didn't blame me one bit.

Oh yeah, and this dude had Canadian plates...Go figure

I know it sounds something out of a fairy tale story but it's 100% true. I didn't think anybody could be that stupid. I guess I was wrong.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
  • BigDoug
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Yeah & I'm still pissed at you eh, ya frickin' *****.

Comment

• Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigDoug
      LOL

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

The next time you see him, tell that idiot that Ryan Simms just acquired a season ending injury this past weekend.

Oh and ...uh ...... that he is wrong too.

Comment

• Jul 2002

I didn't hear about Simms and his injury. I wish I would've known about that tonite.

I'm sure it didn't help that he held out as long as he did. That could've played a role in it.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigDoug

Comment

• Rebecky
              • Aug 2002

Congrats, PA -- you've just earned one of my infamous "granny lectures on good manners":

You're entitled to your opinion, but mocking someone else just because they hold an opinion different from yours is both rude and disrespectful. You didn't make him look foolish at all, IMHO, but you made yourself look immature and unmannerly.

Now, lecture is over. We'll drop the subject.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

Welcome to the world of Flutie Lovers!

They travel around in a pack to worship at the feet of this overrated, self-absorbed, ego-maniac who has proven that the only thing he's capable of being consistent with is putting his own personal interests above team interests. The only reason he's been quiet this season is that he would have been cut if he had started *****ing.

PA, this mentality about the midget is nothing new. Did you ever notice how many fewer Canadian fans the Chargers have this season. Coincidence? Last year they were all long-time Charger fans. Now, they don't even visit their boards and you don't hear from them anymore. Strange, don't you think.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BigDoug
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

Flutie Lovers

Comment

• Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                    Welcome to the world of Flutie Lovers!

They travel around in a pack to worship at the feet of this overrated, self-absorbed, ego-maniac who has proven that the only thing he's capable of being consistent with is putting his own personal interests above team interests. The only reason he's been quiet this season is that he would have been cut if he had started *****ing.

PA, this mentality about the midget is nothing new. Did you ever notice how many fewer Canadian fans the Chargers have this season. Coincidence? Last year they were all long-time Charger fans. Now, they don't even visit their boards and you don't hear from them anymore. Strange, don't you think.
                    You must be a Flutie fan.

It's easy to say when you didn't have to stand there and listen to him ramble on like a dog in heat about him.

Comment

• Rebecky
                      • Aug 2002

I remain a Flutie admirer. In fact, I became a Bills fan from down here in Tennessee BECAUSE I followed Flutie's career. He's more than a good football player, he's a unique and interesting person.

So, Wys, I suppose all your general comments about "Flutie lovers" apply to me? That's OK -- if the basis of your deprecating remarks is the fact that I admit to admiring a fine and talented human being, then your insults are, in fact, compliments to me.

Comment

• BigDoug
                        1-800-SAD-GOAT
                        • Jul 2002

LMAO "Flutie Magic" Strikes again!

Comment

• Jul 2002

Thanks for the lecture, but no thanks.

Sorry I laughed at your cousin but he deserved it. Anyway, he called me an a$$hole first.

Comment

• Rebecky
                            • Aug 2002

BTW, BigDoug -- I love your hockey fan picture.

And yes, PA, I can understand how frustrating it is when someone goes ON and ON about someone you can't personally stand -- if I can't change the subject gracefully, I sometimes ask myself if it's worth engaging them in debate, or if that will just frustrate me more. Of course, you can always excuse yourself to the ladies' room, but that really is kind of rude, too, when it's obvious that you're just trying to get away from the person. I generally let them know that I really don't think much of the person they admire, and I'd really like to change the subject, and if they continue to go ON and ON after that warning, THEN I excuse myself to the ladies' room.

Comment

• BigDoug
                              1-800-SAD-GOAT
                              • Jul 2002

Rebecky, which hockey fan was that ?

Comment

Working...
                              X