• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

BIG STORY WNSA is going off the air

This was on the Empire Sports Report tonight Empire Sports Bob Koshinski is Reporting that WNSA is going off the air very soon. They have been bought out by Entercom radio the radio station that owns WGR55 and KB 1520. The Sabres would probably move to WGR55 which is an awful station to listen to them on you can't get a good reception all you get is static or some other FM station but Empire will still be on the air and there has been talk about even moving the Simoncast to TV. Bob Koshinski says "In a week or two WNSA will be no more it all has to do with the Adelphia scandal". Say good-bye to WNSA
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 03-08-2004, 11:06 PM.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

This was posted in the SabersZone earlier- and I'm to lazy to repeat my comments-

Originally posted by Dozerdog
    This is not good news if you listent o Buffalo sports via the internet.

1- Entercom, which bought WNSA sports will most likely combine the two competing stations and close one down- (Or change the format) and most likely will keep WGR -55 as the sports radio. I gues WNSA will play records or something

2- Entercom sports chose to eliminate all webcasting about 2 years ago- WGR, WEEI in boston, and other stations they own used to broadcast via the net- not any more. They are to cheap to pay any extra rights fees and union dues to the talent going on the web casts.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

Maybe Entercom gets to keep the radio stations rights. Which would mean they can keep the power of WNSA! Except for the sabres games and H. Simons show, I won't miss the rest of it. Breson is a joke, and so is most of the other things on the radio and tv ends.
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• Bmax
        • Aug 2003

Being a former employee of entercom in another radio market..My bet is that they put the sabres on gr 55.. even though 15 20 would be better because of signal strength....

Look for wnsa 107.7 to go a music format my bet is Urban r and b..and classic soul luther vandross, anita baker barry white , earth wind and fire that kind of stuff. to counter all the rap on wblk and wild 101.. another format could be country sinc ether is only one in the market .. but i doubt it since that format as already been tired in this market on two stations...

Due to the aging population in the market my bet would be the older demo for the urban adult market which is being under served .. But hey that's just my opinon....

Howard simon is too good not to be on the airwaves .. gr would be smart to hire him and put in the morning with kevin.. or the afternoon with shoop....

since this is unlikely the best place for simon might be the bills pre game and post game host.. He does an excellent job on call in shows and is knowledgeable and nice to fans that call in unlike some other host who just think they know what their talking about and are nasty to the callers....

Bmax

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

As far as reception goes, I get WGR better than WNSA. We're right on the fringe of WNSA's signal, but WGR is pretty reliable.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• MGinestre
            • Dec 2003

If they want to regionalize the Sabres, they're going to have to do something to get them on the air in Rochester. Right now, you can get 107.7 there. You even have to pay extra in cable fees to get Empire. Golisano being a Rochesterian will have to do something.

Not a good day for sports radio in the area.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I heard Brian H bought the station.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

I see Simon possibly getting the 10-12 slot when Kornheiser retires.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  Ums and Ahs all day, every day on Bri 105
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    He hits the three pointer from down town!

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Does this mean no more Josh Mora?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                        No more of me getting to keep up to date on my Bills at least local radio wise.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bmax
                          Howard simon is too good not to be on the airwaves .. gr would be smart to hire him and put in the morning with kevin.. or the afternoon with shoop....
                          and then WGR can move Bob Gaughn to the midnight to 6 AM shift...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jan 2004

Josh is on the TV side

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            Josh is on the TV side he does Hockey Hotline and Empire Sports Report. So he will stay it's only WNSA that's going off the air not Empire
                            Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 03-09-2004, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I say Schoop mover from 10-2 and Simon takes over the afternoon...It sucks for all the internet listeners. I really enjoyed listening to it...

Comment

Working...
                              X