PDA

View Full Version : Bills "still in the mix" for Vincent

Romes
03-09-2004, 04:01 AM
http://www.bengals.com

MONDAY UPDATE: The Bengals are expected to get a counter proposal Tuesday from the agent for Eagles CB Troy Vincent, but Vincent is still going ahead on a visit to Kansas City. Linda Bodley said of the Bengals' offer, "It's something to work with," and while her client has the old Philadelphia connections with Bengals defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, the Bills also seem to be in the mix. . .

The Panthers were supposed to be one of the teams interested in Vincent, but it hasn't happened yet. In fact, The Charlotte Observer reported that former Bengals cornerback Artrell Hawkins visited the Panthers Monday night after getting an offer from Pittsburgh. . .

Good news i think for those that wanted him. Sounds like the options for him are KC, Cinci and Buffalo.

I wouldn't throw the towel in on getting Vincent just yet. If his agent says we are still in the mix must mean TD is still working on it and we still have a chance to get him.

Jan Reimers
03-09-2004, 05:41 AM
I don't think we'll offer him enough. TD seems to be looking for "blue light" specials this off season.

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I don't think we'll offer him enough. TD seems to be looking for "blue light" specials this off season.

How much money do we have to spend? Are going to throw a few million in to help?

Jeff1220
03-09-2004, 06:26 AM
I remember this from last year w/Spikes too, but Bengals.com seems to have more breaking news stories and updates than espn. I wish bb.com would be more like this other official site.

SABURZFAN
03-09-2004, 06:45 AM
i'm not expecting him to be in buffalo.

Jan Reimers
03-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
How much money do we have to spend? Are going to throw a few million in to help?

I know we don't have a ton of cap money, but we're far from being in cap Hell. As of today, we've lost far more in free agency than we've gained. I'm waiting - I admit, not too patiently - for a few signings to get us back toward even.

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I know we don't have a ton of cap money, but we're far from being in cap Hell. As of today, we've lost far more in free agency than we've gained. I'm waiting - I admit, not too patiently - for a few signings to get us back toward even.

It's all about the signing bonuses some of these guys want.

madness
03-09-2004, 07:00 AM

It's all about the signing bonuses some of these guys want.

I might be getting a promotion to another department at work. I think I'm going to demand a signing bonus and wait to see the look on their faces. :snicker:

SABURZFAN
03-09-2004, 07:06 AM
i'm not worried about us not signing anybody else just yet.they just better roll out the red carpet when bober gets here.

elltrain22
03-09-2004, 07:46 AM
I agree w/ Jan Reimsma, in that we are going after "blue light" specials, and I reallly think that this is the smart thing to do. Vincent would be nice, and would be a quick fix to filling a hole which we recently lost, but the truth is, TV is asking more than what we want to give.

Forward_Lateral
03-09-2004, 07:49 AM
I've also read that Vincent wants a chance to play for Carolina. Buffalo needs to either pony up a ton of $$ or start looking for other options, which there aren't many left in the FA market, unless we can lure Bobby Taylor somehow.

Michael82
03-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i'm not worried about us not signing anybody else just yet.they just better roll out the red carpet when bober gets here.

I agree about Bober! They better show him the money to fix the line and cut Teague. :D

Jan Reimers
03-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Bober, Bruener and Bobby (Taylor) - Beautiful.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2004, 09:34 AM
John Clayton said Vincent's decision will be made today.

We'll see.

Bert102176
03-09-2004, 10:21 AM
he won't come to Buffalo cause TD is an idiot I think he took a stupid pill just before FA started this year and the effects haven't worn off yet

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Bert102176
he won't come to Buffalo cause TD is an idiot I think he took a stupid pill just before FA started this year and the effects haven't worn off yet

He's an idiot because he won't overpay for a 33 year old CB? :rofl:

Bert102176
03-09-2004, 10:50 AM
no he's an idiot for not going after Springs, it doesn't look to me as if he is going after D. Jackson, he didn't have Meadows come to town for an interview, it looks to me that besides Chris Villerial he is looking at players that arent that great IMO.

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Bert102176
no he's an idiot for not going after Springs, it doesn't look to me as if he is going after D. Jackson, he didn't have Meadows come to town for an interview, it looks to me that besides Chris Villerial he is looking at players that arent that great IMO.

He's looking at players who can help the team at the right price. I would rather sign a bunch of average to good players then spend all my money on one great player and have him get hurt then were ****ed.

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Also I beleive Shawn Springs has played a whole season since like 2000.

BAM
03-09-2004, 11:00 AM
:mad:

Gunzlingr
03-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Also I beleive Shawn Springs has played a whole season since like 2000.

I think he has been hurt an awful lot of late. Not worth the beaucoup bucks he got from Dan 'Moneybags" Snyder IMO

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr

I think he has been hurt an awful lot of late. Not worth the beaucoup bucks he got from Dan 'Moneybags" Snyder IMO

Yeah I meant to say hasn't been healthy since 2000.