X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Bills "still in the mix" for Vincent

Cincinnati Bengals Home: The official source of the latest Bengals headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information

MONDAY UPDATE: The Bengals are expected to get a counter proposal Tuesday from the agent for Eagles CB Troy Vincent, but Vincent is still going ahead on a visit to Kansas City. Linda Bodley said of the Bengals' offer, "It's something to work with," and while her client has the old Philadelphia connections with Bengals defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, the Bills also seem to be in the mix. . .

The Panthers were supposed to be one of the teams interested in Vincent, but it hasn't happened yet. In fact, The Charlotte Observer reported that former Bengals cornerback Artrell Hawkins visited the Panthers Monday night after getting an offer from Pittsburgh. . .

Good news i think for those that wanted him. Sounds like the options for him are KC, Cinci and Buffalo.

I wouldn't throw the towel in on getting Vincent just yet. If his agent says we are still in the mix must mean TD is still working on it and we still have a chance to get him.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

I don't think we'll offer him enough. TD seems to be looking for "blue light" specials this off season.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      I don't think we'll offer him enough. TD seems to be looking for "blue light" specials this off season.
      How much money do we have to spend? Are going to throw a few million in to help?

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

I remember this from last year w/Spikes too, but Bengals.com seems to have more breaking news stories and updates than espn. I wish bb.com would be more like this other official site.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'm not expecting him to be in buffalo.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            • May 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
            How much money do we have to spend? Are going to throw a few million in to help?
            I know we don't have a ton of cap money, but we're far from being in cap Hell. As of today, we've lost far more in free agency than we've gained. I'm waiting - I admit, not too patiently - for a few signings to get us back toward even.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I know we don't have a ton of cap money, but we're far from being in cap Hell. As of today, we've lost far more in free agency than we've gained. I'm waiting - I admit, not too patiently - for a few signings to get us back toward even.
              It's all about the signing bonuses some of these guys want.

Comment

• madness23
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz

It's all about the signing bonuses some of these guys want.
                I might be getting a promotion to another department at work. I think I'm going to demand a signing bonus and wait to see the look on their faces.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

i'm not worried about us not signing anybody else just yet.they just better roll out the red carpet when bober gets here.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

I agree w/ Jan Reimsma, in that we are going after "blue light" specials, and I reallly think that this is the smart thing to do. Vincent would be nice, and would be a quick fix to filling a hole which we recently lost, but the truth is, TV is asking more than what we want to give.
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

I've also read that Vincent wants a chance to play for Carolina. Buffalo needs to either pony up a ton of $$ or start looking for other options, which there aren't many left in the FA market, unless we can lure Bobby Taylor somehow.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        i'm not worried about us not signing anybody else just yet.they just better roll out the red carpet when bober gets here.
                        I agree about Bober! They better show him the money to fix the line and cut Teague.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Bober, Bruener and Bobby (Taylor) - Beautiful.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

John Clayton said Vincent's decision will be made today.

We'll see.

Comment

• Bert102176
                              • Aug 2002

he won't come to Buffalo cause TD is an idiot I think he took a stupid pill just before FA started this year and the effects haven't worn off yet
                              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                              X