PDA

View Full Version : Question about TO

Gunzlingr
03-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Since he states he will not play for the Ravens, could they trade him to the Eagles? They know that he wants to be there, and they want him, so why not make a trade? Especially since the league said the trade was valid, and is considered a done deal, why not try to get an extra draft pick and thrash for him?

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
Since he states he will not play for the Ravens, could they trade him to the Eagles? They know that he wants to be there, and they want him, so why not make a trade? Especially since the league said the trade was valid, and is considered a done deal, why not try to get an extra draft pick and thrash for him?

The Ravens will only give up TO unless they get more in return for what they got TO for.

Throne Logic
03-09-2004, 09:13 AM
This is easily the most entertaining of the off-season stories. It's got stupity, drama, jacka$$es talkin' smack, and a whole lot more. . .

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
The Ravens will only give up TO unless they get more in return for what they got TO for.
Exactly. If I were Ozzy Newsome I'd trade TO to Philly for either their 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder + a player.

Gunzlingr
03-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

That is what I mean. They now that TO and the Eagles are hot for each other, so why not use that to get a sweet deal?

lordofgun
03-09-2004, 09:36 AM
The Eagles were only willing to give up Thrash and a fifth rounder. That's not exactly a good deal for the Ravens.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
The Eagles were only willing to give up Thrash and a fifth rounder. That's not exactly a good deal for the Ravens.
A 5th? What are they smoking? They were all ready to give up a 1st rounder for TO from SF. Thrash ain't crap. :down:

Gunzlingr
03-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
A 5th? What are they smoking? They were all ready to give up a 1st rounder for TO from SF. Thrash ain't crap. :down:

They were going to give up a 5th and Thrash to SF for him. That is why they pulled the trigger when Baltimore offered them a 2nd.

helmetguy
03-09-2004, 09:59 AM
It all depends on how wet Jeff Lurie is to get TO. He's got some holes to fill, like anyone else. If I were Baltimore, I'd ask for the moon and more. What would I be losing? A second round pick-that's it. If TO doesn't want to play for me and wants to sit out, so what? I don't have to pay him! He'll change his tune when the paychecks stop coming.

Gunzlingr
03-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
It all depends on how wet Jeff Lurie is to get TO. He's got some holes to fill, like anyone else. If I were Baltimore, I'd ask for the moon and more. What would I be losing? A second round pick-that's it. If TO doesn't want to play for me and wants to sit out, so what? I don't have to pay him! He'll change his tune when the paychecks stop coming.

This is what I am thinking. I am sure the Eagles low-balled SF, knowing they weren't going to keep TO anyway. I would bet they would give up more for him, so why not try.

Bill Brasky
03-09-2004, 11:05 AM
It would be bad to trade him. First off, if they do, it will show every player in the league that doesn't like who they get traded to that they can complain and thus get there way whenever they want. Second, it would make Philly that much better, and I hate Philly almost as much as the Dolphins... them and their stupid fans who boo at everything in sight. Not to mention the eagle may be signing Dhani Jones... that team doesn't need anymore weapons IMO.