PDA

View Full Version : Bober Update

Romes
03-09-2004, 10:13 AM
He will be in later this week. Today he has a family funeral to attend.

He has gotten offers from the Giants and Bengals but the both recently signed centers. So, that bodes well for us getting him.

The Giants and Bengals have already made contract pitches to Bober, but he wants to visit with McNally before making any decisions, said agent Robb Nelson.

“He has an unbelievable amount of respect for Jim McNally, who really gave him his chance to play in the league and developed him into the player that he is now,” Nelson said. “I can say this: If the opportunity and situation comes up to continue to keep playing for Jim McNally, Chris is very interested.”

Good to hear he is very interested in the Bills. But his agent says that the Bills won't necessarily play Bober at C.

“It’s seems to me they’re pleased with Trey Teague and wouldn’t view Chris as necessarily someone to take his spot,” Nelson said. “I know he has an option coming up … but it seems to me Jim McNally is driving the ship to the extent that he’d like to have Chris and he’s pushing for Chris. Where he’d play is something that would have to be determined.”

Then again Nelson would not be the one to announce or know if the Bills had intentions to cut Teague. However, it is good to hear that the Bills trust McNally to build his OL, that he is "driving the ship" and that their seems to be a mutual interest between Bober and McNally.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0309S03HM9G_sports.shtml

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 10:16 AM
:hump::up::beer:

Jan Reimers
03-09-2004, 10:18 AM
We have an opening at LG.

Gunzlingr
03-09-2004, 10:21 AM
ESPN Insider only lists us as interested in Vincent, Galloway :eek:, Volek, and Henson. Their whole list is screwy in my opinion anyway.

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
ESPN Insider only lists us as interested in Vincent, Galloway :eek:, Volek, and Henson. Their whole list is screwy in my opinion anyway.

Yeah they're messed up.

elltrain22
03-09-2004, 11:07 AM
chris bober i believe will be ours very soon, and if so, this would be a very good move.

justasportsfan
03-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Mcnally is an OL coach and not TD. If Mcnally thinks Bober is better than Teague, TD should listen and sign this guy in favor of Teague.

TigerJ
03-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Supposedly the Bills coaching staff does like Teague's athleticism. I'm not sure how that translates to his prospects for the future, and it doesn't necessarily contradict McNally's feelings about Bober. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. BTW, I saw at least one article (I can't remember which one) which describes Bober as a natural right tackle. Interesting.

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 11:24 AM
At 300 Lbs. I don't think he would last as a tackle. It would be best to have at center where he is protected with big guards.