PDA

View Full Version : Bober in town today

nolimit
03-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Bills | Bober To Visit - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:20:52 -0800

The Buffalo News reports free agent C Chris Bober (Giants) is scheduled to visit the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday, March 9.

I guess he is skipping out on the funeral or Kffl is mistaken.

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 11:43 AM
:dizzy::confused:

BAM
03-09-2004, 11:44 AM
:scratch: KFFL is not exactly reliable :down:

justasportsfan
03-09-2004, 11:57 AM
We need to kow what religion he belongs to just so this won't happen to us.....:laughter:

"According to Joe Rose, John Tait was kinda gung Hoe about signing, but asked to see property in Miami and to see where Mormons worshipped.......They had no idea where Mormons went in South Florida and Rick Spielman's wife promised to take them to see property......SHE TOOK THEM TO SEE HOMES IN THE CORAL GABLES BY THE SEA AREA AND .......GOLDEN GATE ESTATES......

If you live in miami, you would know that to get to CG by the sea (a gorgeous area) you can go one of two ways......down US1, which shows a little of urban Miami and Homestead or through Cutler Ridge.......If you go to the GOLDEN GATE ESTATE AREA (N. Collins Ave.) you can go up "Beaches" on the 826 OR up 79th Street.........JOE ROSE said that she went up 79th street (Biscayne) where if you know Miami you know that 79th Street in Biscayne is full of CRACK DEALERS, HOOKERS, and PIMP LOOKING CHARACTERS.....not to mention the collection of dudes DRINKING forties at the gas stations.......

After that little adventure....The Taits asked to be taken back and didn't want to see any property......"

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 12:00 PM
:rofl:

Bmax
03-09-2004, 02:18 PM
yeah just don't any bills visitors past the senca- babcock area or genesee and moselle.....

bmax

Novacane
03-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
We need to kow what religion he belongs to just so this won't happen to us.....:laughter:

"According to Joe Rose, John Tait was kinda gung Hoe about signing, but asked to see property in Miami and to see where Mormons worshipped.......They had no idea where Mormons went in South Florida and Rick Spielman's wife promised to take them to see property......SHE TOOK THEM TO SEE HOMES IN THE CORAL GABLES BY THE SEA AREA AND .......GOLDEN GATE ESTATES......

If you live in miami, you would know that to get to CG by the sea (a gorgeous area) you can go one of two ways......down US1, which shows a little of urban Miami and Homestead or through Cutler Ridge.......If you go to the GOLDEN GATE ESTATE AREA (N. Collins Ave.) you can go up "Beaches" on the 826 OR up 79th Street.........JOE ROSE said that she went up 79th street (Biscayne) where if you know Miami you know that 79th Street in Biscayne is full of CRACK DEALERS, HOOKERS, and PIMP LOOKING CHARACTERS.....not to mention the collection of dudes DRINKING forties at the gas stations.......

After that little adventure....The Taits asked to be taken back and didn't want to see any property......"

That is hilarious! Where is Disgustiplex?

Jeff1220
03-09-2004, 03:02 PM
KFFL also had this to say:

Bills | Teague Could Be Cut - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:25:50 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports Buffalo Bills general manager Tom Donahoe has liked the job Bills C Trey Teague has done at center, but it's believed that Teague's contract is structured in such a way that it makes more sense for Buffalo to cut him if the Bills want to go in another direction at center. Teague is due a $2 million option bonus sometime in April, which would extend his contract through 2005.

Bills | Bober Has Offers, But Waiting - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:25:48 -0800

The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports free agent C Chris Bober (Giants) has received a contract offer from the New York Giants and Cincinnati Bengals, but Bober wants to visit with the Buffalo Bills before making any decisions.

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 08:44 AM
any news on this.. td made any comments.. or has he not actually visited yet because of some funeral?

and havent the giants and bengals both just signed new centers?

SABURZFAN
03-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Where is Disgustiplex?

who cares?:idunno:

Ickybaluky
03-10-2004, 08:57 AM
He visited Kansas City on Tuesday. They are looking at him as a RT to replace John Tait, who they likely will lose if they decline to match Chicago's offer sheet.

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2004, 10:03 AM
The one thing Buffalo can offer Bober that KC can't is to be a starter. KC says he will "compete" for a starting job, in Buffalo I think they can probably guarantee he'd be a starter.

Dantheman1280
03-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Get TT out of there Bober has to be an improvement!!

Dantheman1280
03-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Get TT out of there Bober has to be an improvement!!

justasportsfan
03-10-2004, 11:40 AM
echo!

ryjam282
03-10-2004, 11:50 AM
If we did sign Bober, is there any way of keeping Teague and moving to Reuben's old spot (LG)? Not sure if he ever played there but give me some knowledge please.

don137
03-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

That is hilarious! Where is Disgustiplex?

79th Street in Biscayne hanging out with Mercury Morris and Cecil Collins...

Mr. Cynical
03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
If we did sign Bober, is there any way of keeping Teague and moving to Reuben's old spot (LG)? Not sure if he ever played there but give me some knowledge please.

He was an LT (or LG) in Denver and was pretty good at it. The brain fart that was GW decided to move him to C where he admitted he did not like to play, nor did he feel it was his best position. I for one would love to see Bober at C and TT at one of the other line positions. I think (and so did he) he is just not cut out for center.

TedMock
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
What's amazing about that whole thing is the fact that he was an All American center in college. Now he's not comfy?! I know he said that last year and I thought it was strange then. It still irritates me.

Mr. Cynical
03-10-2004, 01:11 PM
I hear ya... maybe because he had played for 3 years at LT in the pros before coming to Buffalo he felt more "comfy" at that position? It does seem strange but who knows...

Either way, if he is better as a tackle than center we may as well leverage that or cut him (if we get Bober). I just don't think he is a great fit at C.

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 01:15 PM
he was a LT in denver.. for the one year he played.

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 01:17 PM
and it was only due to an injury that he ever started there anyway.

SABURZFAN
03-10-2004, 02:24 PM
any word on bober?what happened?i hope we sign this guy.

Ickybaluky
03-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Bober is scheduled to visit the Dolphins this week, per KFFL.

Novacane
03-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by NE39
Bober is scheduled to visit the Dolphins this week, per KFFL.

Good! Considering the source we know for sure he's not going to the Dolphins!

Ickybaluky
03-11-2004, 06:11 AM
The Dolphins are getting pretty desparate for OL. They are looking at John St. Clair and Orlando Brown for tackles, but both may be more pricey options (Brown reportedly has a multi-year offer with a $4M SB on the table from Baltimore, and St. Clair has drawn interest from 5-6 teams).

Word of Bober's visit in Miami came from Pro Line Management. That is his agent.

Dozerdog
03-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
What's amazing about that whole thing is the fact that he was an All American center in college. Now he's not comfy?! I know he said that last year and I thought it was strange then. It still irritates me.

Well, any body can be "comfy" at center when you line up against the defensive tackles for Vanderbilt and Kentucky. But when you have to face 325 pound monsters who are lightnin quick......

I think Teague will make a very good guard, but hearing about that big roter bonus in April makes me a bit nervous. If Bober falls through, get Jake Grove in round 2 or Alex Stepnovich in rd 3 and bite the Bullet with Teague at Guard.

If Shaun Andrews falls to 13, I'd grab him and move Jennings inside and cut Teague, but I fear the decision on Teague has to be made before the draft, or the roster bonus kicks in

baalworship
03-11-2004, 07:50 AM
All the draft reports I have been reading on Andrews lead me to believe the guy's best position in the NFL would be guard. Andrews would be a big downgrade from Jennings at LT.

TedMock
03-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Well, any body can be "comfy" at center when you line up against the defensive tackles for Vanderbilt and Kentucky. But when you have to face 325 pound monsters who are lightnin quick......

I think Teague will make a very good guard, but hearing about that big roter bonus in April makes me a bit nervous. If Bober falls through, get Jake Grove in round 2 or Alex Stepnovich in rd 3 and bite the Bullet with Teague at Guard.

If Shaun Andrews falls to 13, I'd grab him and move Jennings inside and cut Teague, but I fear the decision on Teague has to be made before the draft, or the roster bonus kicks in

lol....good points with Kentucky & Vandy. I'd like to keep him around because he's versatile and he's an intelligent player but for the money he'll get it's really hard to justify. Hey, are you calling the SEC weak? I hope so. I have a buddy who went to UT and we always go back and forth.