PDA

View Full Version : We are actually keeping the same pace as last year

Michael82
03-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Did you guys realize that Donahoe is working at the same pace as last year with the free agency moves and cuts? If you don't believe me, check below. :D I saw a post about this on TBD and was curious about it, so I looked it up and found this....

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=6&state=newsarchive&nid=4253

3/1 - Signed LB Jeff Posey
3/7 - Traded Rights to WR Peerless Price to Atlanta for a #1 draft pick (23rd overall) in 2003 Draft
3/10 - Signed LB Takeo Spikes
3/17 - Signed WR Bobby Shaw
3/17 - Signed K Rian Lindell
3/20 - Released LB Eddie Robinson
3/20 - Released RB Larry Centers
3/21 - Signed S Izell Reese
3/24 - Signed DT Sam Adams
3/31 - Signed FB Sam Gash

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 11:44 AM
:up:

LtBillsFan66
03-09-2004, 11:47 AM
We also lost 2 key starters this year.

Ebenezer
03-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
3/1 - Signed LB Jeff Posey
3/7 - Traded Rights to WR Peerless Price to Atlanta for a #1 draft pick (23rd overall) in 2003 Draft

same pace??

that means there should be a something today or tomorrow.

Gunzlingr
03-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
same pace??

Maybe we will sign Kordell Stewart today? That would be my luck since my buddy the bears fan said he hoped he came to the Bills. :priest:

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
We also lost 2 key starters this year.
Winfield and who? :scratch: Moore???

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

I think he is talking about Ruben Brown but I don't see it as a huge loss.

Michael82
03-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
same pace??

Well, that says that we traded Price. Hmmm...Bledsoe? Or maybe a Bledsoe will renegotiate his contract. :idunno:

Michael82
03-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Nah, I think he means Ruben.

Don't forget...this time last year, we already lost TE Jay Riemersma and WR Peerless Price. TWO key starters.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Players we chose to CUT cannot be considered a loss. They wouldn't have cut him if they felt that way. FAs are different.

Jan Reimers
03-09-2004, 01:14 PM
We've not only released Brown and Moore, and lost Winfield to free agency, but www.buffalobills.com lists Gash, McKenzie, Morris, Polk and Sidney as "lost" as well, presumably because we have not tendered them offers.

McKenzie and Sidney were of little use, but the others were starters or valuable backups and/or special teamers.

I hope we pick up the pace, because we're in a hole at this point.

Throne Logic
03-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr

Maybe we will sign Kordell Stewart today? That would be my luck since my buddy the bears fan said he hoped he came to the Bills. :priest:

I'd take him as a relatively low paid KR / WR.

Throne Logic
03-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
We've not only released Brown and Moore, and lost Winfield to free agency, but www.buffalobills.com lists Gash, McKenzie, Morris, Polk and Sidney as "lost" as well, presumably because we have not tendered them offers.

McKenzie and Sidney were of little use, but the others were starters or valuable backups and/or special teamers.

I agree with the current FA negative balance.

Try to be patient. There are only so many FA's that are worth the money being tossed at them. Bober and Vincent are the only two that I'd like to see sign with Buffalo at this point.

Bober was a dim light on an otherwise dark o-line for the Giants last year. I'm not sure I'd consider him a great signing, although, by virtue of Buffalo's 2003 O-line performance, I guess it would have to be considered an upgrade. I'm a bit concerned that it's like saying chicken liver is better than turkey liver. For now, I'll trust in McNally's opinions.

I don't see Vincent as an upgrade. He's probably better in coverage, he is better at INT's, but he isn't the same kind of open field punishing tackler as AW.

I see the loss of Ruben and the gain of Villarrial as a wash, at least for this year. Ruben's still servicable even with his diminished abilities and he was familiar with the team. Although solid, Villarial will not be the pro-bowler that Ruben once was and he will have to adjust to his new teammates (and they to him).

Michael82
03-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I'm thinking that Polk will not find another team and will come back for vet min to work on Special Teams for the Bills. Possibly Sammy might be back to continue working on ST too. :D

I don't understand why the team has not even offered a contract to Sam Gash...he's the perfect guy for SMASH MOUTH football. Maybe they think he's a little bit washed up? Hmmm.....