PDA

View Full Version : With Fiedler out...

northernbillfan
10-15-2002, 03:15 AM
What do you think our chances are?

Lucas gets his first start in 3 years, and has to make big time adjustments. I think the Bills will exploit his inexperience, and capitalize on his mistakes.

Stopping Ricky on the other hand will be a difficult task, but he alone, cannot carry the team.

I'm less scared about this game then I was before.

shelby
10-15-2002, 03:43 AM
Having :fiedler: out will help us....but the D needs to step it up. It frustrates me to no end...we have so many :angry:ing talented players, yet the unit as a whole performs at a disappointing level every week. We need to paint a bullseye on Williams....and if we could come up with some picks and fumble recoveries....that would be sweet.
:gobills:

SABURZFAN
10-15-2002, 04:25 AM
our defense did look good in the second half but the FISH aren't the TEXANS by no means.hopefully,the strong second half can carry over into next week.

shelby
10-15-2002, 04:29 AM
i hope you are right SABURZ!

casdhf
10-15-2002, 07:07 AM
Make Lucas beat us...Stack Wire up in the box and make them throw the ball. The last time we faved a power back was the A-Train and we managed to shut him down...hopefully we can do the same with Williams

Halbert
10-15-2002, 07:36 AM
Remember that the Miami system is designed to minimize the weaknesses of a less than ProBowl QB. This team is about Ricky Williams first, defense second, and whoever is at QB fifth. I expect Lucas to step right in and provide almost the same level of production as Fiedler. Lucas is just as mobile and will hurt us in that area.

I hope the Bills don't feel any more comfortable with Fiedler out. That's a recipe for a tiny bit of complacency, which will get you beat in this league.

mybills
10-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Anybody else thinking this too? Another air to air combat? :scratch:

Ebenezer
10-15-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by mybills
Anybody else thinking this too? Another air to air combat? :scratch:

Actually, I see a lot of running on Sunday.

colin
10-15-2002, 09:20 AM
Miami has a great D and a pretty crappy O. Ricki is great, but so is Martin, and the Jets O has been pretty sucky with him playing well for a couple of years. Miami had plenty trouble moving the ball against Denver, and without their top 2 O players, they might be able to do it all against us.

With Chambers and Feidler out, they have much less big play potential, that is what has been killing us, not the little stuff. Miami is the favorite for good reasons, but this game is far from out of reach.

WG
10-15-2002, 09:21 AM
Nice post Shelby!!! I concur fully. I hope that doesn't make you a pariah! LOL

Eb, indeed!

NBF,

"Lucas gets his first start in 3 years, and has to make big time adjustments. I think the Bills will exploit his inexperience, and capitalize on his mistakes."

Why? Were we able to exploit Carr's inexperience and captilize on his mistakes? Lucas is not as bad as you think he is and the phins won't lose a beat. The strength of their team is Williams and their D, the true hallmarks of all championship teams!

If anything, their D will kick it into high gear. W/ the fast moving swarming D that they have, that doesn't bode well for us. Just the facts.

cas,

"Make Lucas beat us...Stack Wire up in the box and make them throw the ball. The last time we faved a power back was the A-Train and we managed to shut him down...hopefully we can do the same with Williams"

I'm starting to see part of the problem here. I'm sure that we'll shut down Williams when we couldn't shut down Wells, Moe Williams, Michael Bennett, Garner, or any other RBs than Thomas this year. It's Pie-in-the-Sky thinking. Who's gonna stop Williams? Ahanotu? Office? Robinson? Newman who's a pass rusher mostly? Or Fletcher who hasn't played anywhere near to his hype and Pat Williams as if they're gonna run Ricky right into Pat on every play.

:rolleyes:

If we can hold Ricky to around 100 I'll consider it a massive success. Also, if we have starting FP outside of our own 25 for some of the game I'll be happy too. The Phins are playing some good ball and have all the worst ingredients for us to match up against: A very fast pass-disrupting D, a very solid rushing game, good STs, excellent pass D. It won't matter who plays QB in this one. They'll do about the same one way or another.

TOs will either haunt us or be our friend. But going on the trends, I'd say the chances that they will be our friends is about 10% or less.

Both teams are coming off tight road games, but now we're on the road again. From cold to heat and humidity. I don't have a good feeling about this game.

casdhf
10-15-2002, 09:24 AM
That is why I said Power back....

WG
10-15-2002, 09:36 AM
You're right cas. Let's see...

Anthony Thomas on an anemic offense with only one other player worth a turd; or

Ricky Williams on a team that is balanced, w/ numerous passing threats including a Gonzalez-like TE.

Thomas: ranked 20th w/ 110 carries for 333 yards, 2 TDs, and 3.0 YPC avg.

Williams: ranked 3rd in the league w/ 138 carries for 614 yards, a 4.4 YPC avg. and 6 TDs.

Good comparison...

:D

Novacane
10-15-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I'm starting to see part of the problem here. I'm sure that we'll shut down Williams when we couldn't shut down Wells, Moe Williams, Michael Bennett, Garner, or any other RBs than Thomas this year.

We did'nt shut down Curtis Martin?

Novacane
10-15-2002, 10:33 AM
You're right cas. Let's see...

Ricky Williams on a team that is balanced, w/ numerous passing threats including a Gonzalez-like TE.

Oh Brother! The guy has played 6 games and he's just like Tony Gonzalez! :down:

Your ready to put him in that catagory after 6 games? :huh:

northernbillfan
10-15-2002, 12:58 PM
Yes Carr has more experience than Lucas, he has started 5 games this year, Lucas-0.

Yes they have more offensive weapons, and Ricky WILL be the best back we have seen this season. We did a good job stopping Curtis Martin in week one, we should be able to contain Ricky.

Our D can stop the run, it's just this 4-6 allows for a ton of big plays, and the Dull-fins will exploit that. Look at Houstons first scoring drive. It was like 3 or 4 plays.

I agree with Shelby, perhaps the 2nd half of the Houston game, where we allowed 89 yards of offense, will carry over to Sunday.

Phins054
10-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Lucas will be just as effective as Jay. On the plus side, he has a nicer deep ball too. I think our O will be fine. If Chambers is out, that will hurt us more than Jay being out.

WG
10-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Ricky may be the best back we'll have seen although I think Tomlinson and Holmes are much better and Green is just as good. Also, Curtis Martin who lit us up for almost 300 yards in two games will be back for game 2. And while Williams may be a much better back than some, Miami has probably the least balance O of any of the decent teams in 7 games that we face from here on out. G.B., K.C., are definitely better as is N.E. IMO. S.D. arguably so too.

B2R46,

"We did'nt shut down Curtis Martin?"

Give it a rest. NO!! He didn't play in case you didn't watch the game. He had a handful of plays up front and then came out in the 1st Q. He's very obviously had some issues thru 3 games earlier this year but is now back and seemingly healthy. Who knows what was wrong w/ him and who cares.

"Oh Brother! The guy has played 6 games and he's just like Tony Gonzalez!"

Let's see how well we contain and control him, a rookie this weekend, shall we?

How many ZBs you want to wager that say he has at least 60 yards and a TD?

Novacane
10-15-2002, 01:11 PM
I don't know phins. JF was playing pretty good this year. I think it is a big assumption to think Lucas is going to be just as effective as JF.

On the + side he could not have picked a better D to get his first start against.

WG
10-15-2002, 01:12 PM
I totally agree w/ ya 54. Chambers would be more missed. Chambers w/o a head would be an interesting matchup for Watson! I think Watson would have the edge however. Nevertheless, that would remain to be seen.

Novacane
10-15-2002, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wys Guy
[B]Ricky may be the best back we'll have seen although I think

B2R46,

"We did'nt shut down Curtis Martin?"

Give it a rest. NO!! He didn't play in case you didn't watch the game. He had a handful of plays up front and then came out in the 1st Q.

I did not watch the game? He came out on the last series of the second quarter so we shut him down for an entire half!

Novacane
10-15-2002, 01:20 PM

He didn't play in case you didn't watch the game. He had a handful of plays up front and then came out in the 1st Q. He's very obviously had some issues thru 3 games earlier this year but is now back and seemingly healthy. Who knows what was wrong w/ him and who cares.

His issue was he had a sprained ankle! He did not have that in the half we shut him down.

I know we have really sucked against some backs but we have shut a couple down. They have proven they can shut down a good back. Just not consistantly!

You only want to focus on the bad games.

Novacane
10-15-2002, 01:22 PM

Let's see how well we contain and control him, a rookie this weekend, shall we?

I don't want to bet any zonebucks! He very well may have that and more! You are missing my point! I am not saying we are a great D that is gonna shut him down.

I was making the point that you were greatly exagerating to say he was in Tony Gonzalez class!:bigwave:

WG
10-15-2002, 01:22 PM
He had 4 rushing plays for the game. We didn't "stop" him, they didn't run him.

Besides, he'll be back for the next game. He had 21 for 119, 5.7, 1 TD, and 25 rcvg. yards last week for his first good game. He had 32 carries in 4 games prior to that.

It's no wonder you think we're good! Have you watched any of the other games either? :D

Novacane
10-15-2002, 01:24 PM
Read my sig! I don't think we're good!

casdhf
10-15-2002, 01:25 PM

WG
10-15-2002, 01:30 PM
He's a rookie TE who's having a WR type year! To say he isn't is even more presumptuous!

Besides, the point was, my point, that he'll give us fits. Who do you think is gonna cover him? Watson? Wire's too small.

Have you even seen McMichael play? Or is this something else you haven't watched? I've seen him, and I'm tellin' ya, I'd LOVE to have him on our team. He's not the best blocker, but he can run and catch w/ the best WRs just like Gonzo!

He's big, quick, and is averaging almost 60 yards a game on a team that is ranked 19th in the league in passing!!

He's on pace for 791 yards and 8 TDs.

Gonzo in his first season had: 33 for 368 and 2 TDs. At this rate, as a rookie, he'll match two of G's best seasons and dust his first two out of 5 seasons.

Perhaps you'd better start watching some games/players before you continue to comment, eh... ;)

Novacane
10-15-2002, 01:35 PM

\.

Have you even seen McMichael play? Or is this something else you haven't watched? I've seen him, and I'm tellin' ya, I'd LOVE to have him on our team. He's not the best blocker, but he can run and catch w/ the best WRs just like Gonzo!

Perhaps you'd better start watching some games/players before you continue to comment, eh... ;)

NFL ticket baby:punk: I seen him plenty! Do i need to :stick: into you what I am trying to say. He is good! He ain't no Tony G yet! :woeisme:

colin
10-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Miami is tough, but we can move the ball on them plenty. They will have to keep up with us, and I don't think they can with Chambers and Elfy out.

Again, it would be an upset if we won, but not by a whole lot. If we don't make the huge mistakes we win.

iceblizzard69
10-15-2002, 04:24 PM
I am a huge McMichael fan. I thought he was a great pick when we got him in the fourth round. I watch the Fins every Sunday (thank you DirecTV) and he has been great. He is averaging something like 14 yards per catch which is a WR like stat. He has the second best recieving numbers on our team and he can make some amazing plays. McMichael has lead the team in recieving in a few games this season. He adds a dimension that we did not have at all last year when we were in the bottom 5 in TE catches, probably number 31 but I can't verify that. Even though I think McMichael is gonna be great, and he already is pretty close, I doubt he will ever be on the same level as Tony Gonzalez. Gonzalez has his own TE level and the level below it is empty. He is the best TE in NFL history, and right now the difference between Gonzalez and whoever you consider to be the second best TE in the league is huge.

RedEyE
10-15-2002, 05:17 PM
Fiedler and Lucas are interchangable as far as I am concerned. Infact, Lucas could have the advantage because of his innate speed and ability to scramble. However, a Chambers absence would be a definite blow to Miami's offense, though the running game is the ultimate decider.

Henry shows up to games when Gilbride decides to insert him into the play calling. Williams has yet to post crappy numbers. Personally, I think Buffalo should want to go into a shoot out with Miami this week. Miami's passing game is less productive and it takes Ricky out of the game.

W Chambers ~ Miami: 28 / Buffalo: 23

WO Chambers ~ Buffalo: 28 / Miami: 21

Drewpac
10-15-2002, 05:23 PM
Wys,
I'll take the McMichael bet for 750 zonebucks.

BlackJohn
10-15-2002, 06:23 PM
With fiedler out ... It's time the bills put up a statement game. If there were games the bills have no business winning this year it would be

@ Denver
Oakland
@ Miami
@ New england
@ Green Bay

They've been in the first two, if they want to contend for the playoffs they have to win one or two of these games. With a team missing its starting QB and having its best wide receiver not knowing where his head is, The time is now for the bills to win one.

Novacane
10-15-2002, 06:38 PM

He's big, quick, and is averaging almost 60 yards a game on a team that is ranked 19th in the league in passing!!

He's on pace for 791 yards and 8 TDs.

Oh..................So it makes sense to project stats now huh?

Then Travis Henry is on pace for 1330 yards rushing and 19 rushing TD's and 430 yards recieving and 3 recieving TD's but he sucks?

WCoastFin
10-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Projection stats suck!

Novacane
10-15-2002, 06:51 PM
I agree with you for once WCF.