PDA

View Full Version : David Boston to Miami?

Bill Brasky
03-09-2004, 01:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1750078

"Potentially a good fit for Boston is Miami where his former receivers coach at Arizona, Jerry Sullivan, works for the Dolphins"

Does this worry anyone?

Patrick76777
He sucks!

Patrick76777
He's a head case!

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Let him go there. For being so strong he sure is hurt a lot.

justasportsfan
03-09-2004, 01:37 PM
I hope they take him along with his contract in SD.

lordofgun
03-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
He sucks!

Originally posted by Patrick76777
He's a head case!

But you want Tim Couch? :coocoo:

The Natrix
03-09-2004, 01:42 PM
He's a POS. Therefore he would fit in nicely with the felons.

Patrick76777
03-09-2004, 01:45 PM
QB's are funny (no jokes) Sometimes it takes them awhile to come around. Look at Jeff Garcia, I don't think he started in the NFL till he was in his 30's. Sometimes these guys take time to develop! And that to the fact that Couch started on a terrible expansion team which has never had a great RB or a great WR and for that matter a team that has never been good and yes, I'd give him a chance in a second.

And I don't care that he cried!

Throne Logic
03-09-2004, 01:54 PM
If I were on that team, I'd probably cry, too.

Ebenezer
03-09-2004, 01:55 PM
What would the cap hit to SD be?

Novacane
03-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman

Does this worry anyone?

No

Bill Brasky
03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
He's due about 3 or 4 million i think if he's not traded if i remember correctly... that's all I know.

justasportsfan
03-09-2004, 02:06 PM
$18.9 million over the next four seasons
($3.9, $5, $5, $5). If traded right, I think SD will pay the bonus .

Jeff1220
03-09-2004, 02:12 PM
If he's healthy, it would worry me a little. Remember, DB would only be the #2 in Miami, with Chambers the #1. I know it's the Fish, but those two guys on the field at the same time could do some damage.

Now all they need is a QB who can get them the ball.:snicker:

Jan Reimers
03-09-2004, 02:13 PM
He's taken so much HGH that they won't be able to find a helmet that will fit him.

Dantheman1280
03-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Daivd Boston is nuts. But if hes a dolphin and can get back on track he could pose seirous problems to any opposing Defense! I hope this deal never gets done! I see the Dolphins maybe going after Curtis Conway! LOL

cordog
03-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Boston is on every drug known to man, and probably a few that arent. He is on so much HGH that his body is too big for his ankles to carry all the weight. He will never last 16 games a year plus he takes off games cuz of bogus injuries.

Bill Brasky
03-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by cordog
Boston is on every drug known to man, and probably a few that arent. He is on so much HGH that his body is too big for his ankles to carry all the weight. He will never last 16 games a year plus he takes off games cuz of bogus injuries.

Yeah, but pretty much every meathead in the league is on drugs dude.

cordog
03-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
Yeah, but pretty much every meathead in the league is on drugs dude.

I wouldnt say that man, the NFL unlike MLB is doing a great job of testing

Bill Brasky
03-09-2004, 02:36 PM
they may be doing a better job, but there are still ALOT of NFL players on drugs. there's no way that guys like Ray Lewis can get that huge by simply 'working out' and not taking something. and if there testing is so good then why aren't guys like Boston being suspended/banned?

Bill Brasky
03-09-2004, 02:37 PM
i am not disagreeing with you about the mlb though.

Alluro
03-09-2004, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't mind it if the Bills traded for him..Imagine a Moulds and Boston pairing! Even Bledsoe wouldn't be able to screw up that team provided Willis is healthy

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 02:42 PM
http://www.haywired.com/bodybuilding/workout_animations/bodybuilder-flexing-pecs-animation.gif

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Alluro
I wouldn't mind it if the Bills traded for him..Imagine a Moulds and Boston pairing! Even Bledsoe wouldn't be able to screw up that team provided Willis is healthy

He won't help when he's in street clothes hurt.

Bill Brasky
03-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Alluro

I dont know about that. He has alot of positive attributes (relatively young, good speed/recieving/playmaking ability), but he is a head case and has been injured quite frequently the past few seasons. We need somebody that can get down field and take pressure off Moulds so he can get open and make more plays... and while Boston could do that, he is more like TO where he wants the ball constantly.

helmetguy
03-09-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm surprized Al Davis isn't all over this one. He loves head cases; being one himself!

Bill Brasky
03-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
I'm surprized Al Davis isn't all over this one. He loves head cases; being one himself!

Al Davis is a douchebag.

baalworship
03-09-2004, 04:18 PM
The guy is not wanted in Arizona AND San Diego. I would love it if Miami signed him. This guy is an absolute loser. The guy cares more about bodybuilding and injecting HGH than playing football. He is also a terrible teammate and has off the field issues. Throw in injury prone as well. Maybe Miami can bring him in with Cecil Collins as his mentor!

:cheers:

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Boston wasn't happy in San Diego. Jerry Sullivan and David Boston have a very good relationship. The only reason Miami has interest in Boston is because of Jerry Sullivan. Miami has a track record of staying away from injury laden players and headaches.

With Sullivans good words, Boston might be very interesting for Spielman.

Becareful what you ask for.

Disgustipatex
03-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Again, no one sees the irony of trashing a team which currently fields how many people who have had serious legal trouble, while on the other hand rooting for a team with Travis Henry on it?

Dozerdog
03-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
Again, no one sees the irony of trashing a team which currently fields how many people who have had serious legal trouble, while on the other hand rooting for a team with Travis Henry on it?

Same weak smack- different day- a one trick pony

The_Philster
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM

The difference is, people like Cecil Collins and Lawrence Phillips knew what they were doing was wrong but just didn't care.
Travis was lied to by the girl about her age.
Your smack always this weak and lacking credibility? :scratch:

kardshark19
03-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Looks like this is all speculation. Don't think it will happen.

Dolphins | No Deal for Boston - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:29:51 -0800

MiamiDolphins.com reports Miami Dolphins General Manager Rick Spielman met with reporters in South Florida Tuesday, March 9, to refute reports that the Dolphins are looking to acquire San Diego Chargers WR David Boston. "He is a player currently under contract, so there is nothing to discuss about David Boston. I have not had any conversations with anyone about David Boston thus far," Spielman said. In reference to a report in the San Diego Union-Tribune that stated "Miami would surrender a third-round draft choice for Boston," Spielman said, "That is all bull. There is nothing else to say about it."

Dozerdog
03-09-2004, 08:53 PM
ESPN has said that they have granted his agent permission to find another team to work a trade.

He's to "aloof" for the Chargers

Gonk
03-09-2004, 10:45 PM
"I swear, she told me she was 18!"

:lol:

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Boston wasn't happy in San Diego. Jerry Sullivan and David Boston have a very good relationship. The only reason Miami has interest in Boston is because of Jerry Sullivan. Miami has a track record of staying away from injury laden players and headaches.

With Sullivans good words, Boston might be very interesting for Spielman.

Becareful what you ask for.

that same jerry sullivan was on the coaching staff that chose not to retain him in arizona, no?

the guy is a loser.. he doesnt care about the game.. he cares about what color his contacts are going to be today.. he is a chemically enhanced freak of nature with a horrible attitude and a miserable work ethic on the field.. he wont play hurt.. he wont work out with the team.. oh.. and he has been busted for cocain once and is one more snort away from a 1 year suspension...

do you actually think san diego would get rid of him for next to nothing after just giving up a huge signing bonus for him?

he is trash. i would love to see that unfold in miami.

Disgustipatex
03-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Uhh..I dont know how Buffalos front office runs, Tatonka, nor probabaly does Buffalos front office(A 1st rounder for Willis McGahee? Sure!), but last time I checked, the WR coach does not make personnel decisions.

Gunzlingr
03-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Uhh..I dont know how Buffalos front office runs, Tatonka, nor probabaly does Buffalos front office(A 1st rounder for Willis McGahee? Sure!), but last time I checked, the WR coach does not make personnel decisions.

As opposed to the brightest minds in Miami picking Eddie Moore with their first pick when he was projected to go in the 5th?? Sheer brilliance!

Damn you should be a scout or gm! You know so much, and aren't afraid to tell everyone that you do! I think you and your homies may be on to something, well maybe on something.

:shakeno: Go back to your crack house, and leave the football talk to people who have been through grade school and don't wear teal colored glasses.