PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens--did this really happen??

Ebenezer
10-15-2002, 07:26 AM
I just heard that he scored a touchdown in last nights game and then afterward pulled a pen out of his sock, signed the ball and threw it in the stands?? Did he really do that?? Is this guy got that big an ego?? :grind:

casdhf
10-15-2002, 07:27 AM
I thought it was funny

clumping platelets
10-15-2002, 07:42 AM
I would fine and suspend him!

casdhf
10-15-2002, 07:45 AM
why?

EricStratton
10-15-2002, 07:45 AM
He threw it to his financial advisor. He told him before the game he would do it.

ESPN said this AM he will be fined for having an improper uniform (the pen in his sock)

clumping platelets
10-15-2002, 07:49 AM
Pre-meditated and potentially dangerous depending upon what type of pen

casdhf
10-15-2002, 07:57 AM
It was a pen. A pen in his sock. Not like he had a switch-blade hanging out of his shoulder pads

clumping platelets
10-15-2002, 08:08 AM
I was a medic in the military and work in the health care field........do you not think a pen can be the cause of an impailment injury? :rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
10-15-2002, 08:14 AM
Only in the Canadian Army.

clumping platelets
10-15-2002, 08:20 AM
:gag:

casdhf
10-15-2002, 08:23 AM
was it a pen or a sharpie? It'd be tough to sign a football with a ballpoint

casdhf
10-15-2002, 08:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1446117.html

It was a freakin' magic marker....those blunt, soft ends are definately dangerous :D

Fat Tony
10-15-2002, 08:28 AM
Not only was it his financial advisor, but the guy was sitting in shaun Springs ' private "on field" box. Springs was the guy toasted for 2 TDs by owens

clumping platelets
10-15-2002, 08:38 AM
Bookie outta know bout this being "in the works"

Investigation!

Fat Tony
10-15-2002, 08:43 AM
STOOL PIDGEON!!!!:pow:

doug45
10-15-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I would fine and suspend him!

I agree!!!!!!

We need to put Sports back in Sports and get some of these money grubbers OUT. This guy could care less about his team, He is in it for himself ONLY.

Ebenezer
10-15-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by doug45
We need to put Sports back in Sports and get some of these money grubbers OUT. This guy could care less about his team, He is in it for himself ONLY.

Although I agree, I think it would be hard to suspend half the league...something about talent level and collusion.

Earthquake Enyart
10-15-2002, 09:34 AM
The sad part is that this stuff is what the kids pick up on. They are more worried about their showboating than they are about learning how to play the games.

Ebenezer
10-15-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
The sad part is that this stuff is what the kids pick up on. They are more worried about their showboating than they are about learning how to play the games.

...and everytime sombody supports the action, fails to corrects the action or endorses it in anyway they only add to the problem...

gee, i think i was trying to make that same point to somebody this morning....:xplode:

Earthquake Enyart
10-15-2002, 09:40 AM
I think the other team should get a free cheap shot on anyone doing a dance/routine. This is why there is none of this in hockey.

WG
10-15-2002, 10:07 AM
cas,

LOL

I agree. Those rounded ends on the plastic sharpies are ..., well, ahh forget it.

It's not like they're gonna hurt anyone. It wasn't a razor blade.

Perhaps he should use a crayon next time!!

ArcticWildMan
10-15-2002, 12:56 PM
I like what the ESPN guy said about it. He said the next game a defensive player should plant his helmet right in Owen's midsection as a way of "signing" Terrel. :up:

Voltron
10-15-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
I like what the ESPN guy said about it. He said the next game a defensive player should plant his helmet right in Owen's midsection as a way of "signing" Terrel. :up:

I agree!!!!

TO is an awesome receiver but the biggest ***** in the league. He is so full of himself it is ridicules.

I mean is it me or does Jeff Garcia seem to you to be an easy enough guy to get along with?

TO needs to be put in his place. I hate people that play cheap but I would be all for some one trying to take out a knee on that jerk!

Hey Fat Tony I need you to get me in touch with one of your people and uh ... Take care of him for us ;)

:pow: T.O. :bones:

DraftBoy
10-15-2002, 01:33 PM

I agree!!!!!!

You are all crazy, first off sports are plaid from the heart or at least are supposed to be, so if its in your heart to celebrate and taunt do so, its what all the kids do and it just makes you try harder to get the little ***** who is doing it. Secondly the guy Ownes handed the ball to was Shaun Springs friend, and Shaun is a friend of Terrell's. So I dont see any harm and any fine I would get I would not pay if I was Terrell.

DraftBoy
10-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Taunting and jeering are part of the game, if you lose though you take the fun out of it. I personally thing Owens is possibly the most entertaining person on the field. Clements started to talk trash earlier in the season and got ripped for it by fans and the press, I supported him and would like to see more. The same happened with Richard Huntley in training camp. Trash should be part of the game.

WCoastFin
10-15-2002, 02:48 PM
I hate Terrell Owens!

Pandaman
10-15-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by EricStratton
He threw it to his financial advisor. He told him before the game he would do it.

ESPN said this AM he will be fined for having an improper uniform (the pen in his sock)

Is that a pen in your sock or are you happy to see me? :hump:

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26

You are all crazy, first off sports are plaid from the heart or at least are supposed to be, so if its in your heart to celebrate and taunt do so, its what all the kids do and it just makes you try harder to get the little ***** who is doing it. Secondly the guy Ownes handed the ball to was Shaun Springs friend, and Shaun is a friend of Terrell's. So I dont see any harm and any fine I would get I would not pay if I was Terrell.

I agree. There is not much better than beating the snot out of the showboaters.

Anyone remember the Redskin circle high five thing from years ago? That made me root AGAINST them.

Give the NFL some color (no pun intended).

Drewpac
10-15-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
I hate Terrell Owens!

This is the first time I've ever agreed with a Fin fan. Forget Randy Moss, TO is the biggest dick in the league. I hate that guy and want him to fail every time he steps on the field.

WCoastFin
10-15-2002, 03:12 PM
I would love to see him and Randy Moss on the same team....you would think theyd have 2 of the Best WRs and a deadly combo...but reality is they will be to busy fighting for the ball that on the field during a game they will probably play Cornerbacks on each other....

doug45
10-15-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Taunting and jeering are part of the game, if you lose though you take the fun out of it.

I do not agree. Football is the game, taunting and jeering is part of being a hood or gang member. I guess I still believe in sportsmanship.

ArcticWildMan
10-15-2002, 03:16 PM
Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, etc....didn't taunt and strut when they played. They had class. Something too many athletes don't have any more.

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2002, 03:21 PM
I don't like the taunters either. But now there are too many rules. Soon they'll ban the Lambou leap and the such.

God forbid someone takes their helmet off. I understand why the rule was instituted, but they then take the rules too far.

More football and less yellow flags!

casdhf
10-15-2002, 06:06 PM
Isn't Jim Brown in prison?

Cntrygal
10-15-2002, 06:27 PM
I do not agree. Football is the game, taunting and jeering is part of being a hood or gang member. I guess I still believe in sportsmanship.

I agree... and IMO, there's a big difference between a little friendly smack/celebrating and taunting/jeering.

MissBuffalo
10-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Before TO's majic pen trick, he lashed out at Garcia on the sideline for not throwing to him ALL the time. That is what bugs me the most. When a player acts like a fool on TV during the game against one of his players or coach (Keyshawn on monday night).
At least Moulds/Price had the decency and sportsmanship to not lash out at RJ or the coaches on the field (I know they complained media wise) last season. Although sometimes I wished they would knock RJ on his head...LOL j/k!

Typ0
10-15-2002, 08:36 PM
First thing I would like to know is how someone on a pathetic team that can't win a game and is down 30-0 can get a penalty for taunting. Can you believe the Bengals got a taunting penalty last week after they were down by that many points?

Second thing I would like to point out is that bit with Terrell Owens was really a mask for the real issue which the NFL tested him for today....that's right, he is addicted to magic marker fumes and wanted to catch a fix after he scored a TD on MNF.

Ð
10-15-2002, 08:41 PM
AWM's dog turned him on to markers

ArcticWildMan
10-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by BigDoug
AWM's dog turned him on to markers

:beer:

MissBuffalo
10-15-2002, 09:02 PM
LOL!!! Addicted to majic marker fumes!!!!! It gives him just the extra push he needs. I know I keep an extra big sharpie by my computer at all times!

TigerJ
10-15-2002, 09:11 PM
To settle the debate about whether it was a marker or pen: WGR radio reported it was a "sharpie" fine point permanent marker. I don't watch enough of the 49ers games to have much of an opinion of TO. I know his reputation though, and think probably he goes over the line far too often. If it had been another player, maybe the media wouldn't have made such a fuss, but with TO it's not just a cute gesture, it's part of an extreme pattern of "me first, team second" behavior that I think most people agree is ultimately detrimental to the game.

NoCtUrNaL
10-15-2002, 10:38 PM
What he did doesn't bother me in the least, wouldn't bother me if he did it against the Bills, I'm just interested in the Bills winning.

It's amazing how easily people get offended by something that is inherently innocuous, he didn't kick anyone’s grandmother in the teeth or anything, he signed a football after a TD, big deal.

If anything, the only thing that's shocking, is that he can sign his name in the first place.

BillC
10-15-2002, 11:12 PM
He stole my schtick!

A few years back, while signing some stupid fish treaty with Canada, I leaned over and pulled out a football from my sock....

Ingtar33
10-15-2002, 11:30 PM
I saw the game, and paid attention to the play (because I thought ABC was covering up Owens excessive celebration), and it was a magic marker...

Now I'm an "old school" type of guy... probably because the game has given me so much... and I've always had a special place in my heart for @ssholes like Owens... however, I wasn't bothered by the play all that much. I actually (gasp) found this to be sort of classy, and much more tolerable to the normal strutting and celebrating that I'm normally subjected to.

I say fine him for the marker (it could have hurt someone), and be thankful Owens didn't behave like the animal he usually does after scoring. Thankfully this is the 49ers problem, not the Bills'.

BigMike68
10-16-2002, 09:04 AM
I say it was funny and it is dumb that on both WGR and WNSA all i heard about yesterday was the Sharpie. Also i saw Sportscenter have and intrerview with TO about it and I think it was funny and WAY WAY WAY WAY overblown. And don't forget he did this on the sideline not in the endzone.