PDA

View Full Version : So, Satan is still with us!

Ebenezer
03-09-2004, 03:17 PM
Yea or Nay...what do you think?

Myers57
03-09-2004, 04:33 PM
No, Darcy claimed he fit best with our team but I think he is wrong, I cannot wait to see the same Satan bull-**** happen next season...

Sabre Ally
03-09-2004, 04:36 PM
If there is a next season...
Originally posted by Afinogenov61
No, Darcy claimed he fit best with our team but I think he is wrong, I cannot wait to see the same Satan bull-**** happen next season...

pyrrhonist
03-09-2004, 05:02 PM
I say the same I've been saying---'Yay'.

He'll continue to produce more than the "potential" stars like Afinogenov, Hecht, and Dumont.

SkateZilla
03-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Maybe the Fact that We Brought in *Some Help Will encourage him that we mean business this year??

he's On Rout for a 30+ Goal Season if he doesnt Pittle Fart around... I Cant for the life of me figure out why ESPN and NHL.com Says He's On Pace for His Worst Offensive Showing of his Carreer.

Ebenezer
03-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
Maybe the Fact that We Brought in *Some Help

Look at all the guys that got traded...we brought in very little help.

SkateZilla
03-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Something is Better Than Nothing :)

Dozerdog
03-09-2004, 05:41 PM
I think the Sabres did OK-

Knowing the strilke is coming and we can't spend a lot- we did pretty good.

Getting rid of Brown will only help Satan- will force Lindy to put him on a line without the boat anchor

Jillson and the D guy from Minny will help the defense- it's like getting Boughner back and another decent D prospect (Jillson.)

The one guy who "got away" and who I'd have loved to get was Derek Morris- the Aves gave up Drury to get this kid. But from what I heard (on Sirius Satelite Radio- the NHL Channel) there seems to be a lot of baggage associated with Derek Morris- enough where they traded for another gypsie in the NHL in Chris Gratton. Apparently Morris "Lacks commitment and conditioning" - GM code words for "He likes too many pops after a game"

:drinker:

Otherwise- keeping the payroll down yet getting some help where we needed it - I think the sabres did OK. Maybe not the best for this season, but it helps greatly if there is a nuclear winter next season in the NHL.

Ebenezer
03-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Otherwise- keeping the payroll down yet getting some help where we needed it - I think the sabres did OK. Maybe not the best for this season, but it helps greatly if there is a nuclear winter next season in the NHL.

Surprisingly enough...according to WNSA they actually increased the payroll by about 700K...

SkateZilla
03-09-2004, 05:59 PM
umm By my Calculations We Lowered Payroll about 800+K

But Some Players Contracts Dont Extend Past this Year :) and Thats a Good Thing...

JD
03-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Sure he isnt always consistent, but when the **** is our team consisitent Darryl?

Hes been our leading scorer for what, almost 7 seasons now?

Come on man.

Dozerdog
03-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Surprisingly enough...according to WNSA they actually increased the payroll by about 700K...

That's not a lot at all....I'm talking about assuming 15 million on a 3 year contract or something

qcsabresfan84
03-09-2004, 07:14 PM
I bet Satan is stunned right now that he's still in Buffalo.

fushetti
03-09-2004, 07:16 PM
I think this trade deadline was a joke. We traded our best penalty killer and then acquired Washington's best penalty killer with even less offensive touch. I think thats the perfect addition for a club that over the past, oh, 10 years has struggled to score goals.

Its wonderful that we got Jillson, my first reaction was "I remember something a few years back that he was supposed to be really good" and then haven't heard anything about him until today when we hear that, surprise, he is an inconsistent player. I was thinking going into today was that what Buffalo needs is a guy who takes nights off. Darcy, you got it done once again! Seriously, I hope he pans out. Obviously we're looking toward the future there.

Brad who?

I find it funny we took the 7th defenseman off both the Wild and the Bruins rosters. Way to go Darcy! I love the "aggressive" moves you made today. After speaking of commitment at the Drury press conference, Larry Quinn and you really showed SabreNation that you're committed to making the playoffs by making insignificant trades, months after we're most likely out of playoff contention.

However, I am happy that Satan is still here since he's our best player. I'm sure we wouldve gotten ripped in any sort of trade involving him.