PDA

View Full Version : Who would you draft at QB IF u were TD

Dantheman1280
03-09-2004, 05:05 PM
I was just wonder what you guys thought of the Current Bills QB situation and who you would draft from and rounds 3-7. I would say Josh Harris Or BJ from Texas Tech.

Give me your input!!!!!! :idea: : gobills:

:gossip: :type: :cool:

Devin
03-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Rivers. easy.

L.A. Playa
03-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Josh Harris a winner has heart and athletic ability needs some teaching of the pro game but isnt that why we hired Wyche he will be a winner in the NFL maybe not a Hall of Famer but a winner

TigerJ
03-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Rounds 3-7 rules out Rivers (along with Manning, Roethlisberger, Henson, and Losman). I was thinking Jeff Smoker might be an intriguing possibility. I saw that he had a Wonderlic score of 23 which isn't terrific for a QB. There are things I still like about him and maybe he can still run a pro offence.

I should explain the whole Wonderlic thing. My assumption is that the QB position is the most complex in football. The QB not only has to know the whole playbook, he has to have a quick enough mind to make fast reads and understand defences. If the called play doens't match well with the defensive alignment, he's got to be able to audible instantly to something that matches it better. The Wonderlic is essentially an IQ test. I figure that QBs ought to score fairly high to stand a good chance to master all the demands made of the QB position. Manning has the highest Wonderlic score among QBs in this draft. His older brother also scored high and he is one of the masters of the position. He remembers the tendencies of opposing teams and players. He is one of the best at audibling and reading defences. Other QBs who scored well include Matt Schaub, Ben Roethlisberger, J. P. Losman and Jason Fife. Josh Harris was not on the list so I don't know how he fared.

I'd consider Fife in the 7th, but I think Buffalo will want to pick someone sooner than that. Schaub might be a decent pick. So could Josh Harris.

Bert102176
03-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Depends who is there, but I like Rivers alot but only if Manning or Big Ben are gone which they probably will be:usa:

mypoorfriendme
03-10-2004, 12:32 AM
some even say "dont be surprised if rivers goes above roethlisburgber" i say yeah right...no way in hell. but anyways, from 3-7, i think i most like clausen, bradlee van pelt, or BJ.

Jan Reimers
03-10-2004, 06:09 AM
Matt Schaub if he were to fall to the 3rd round. But I think we should take our QB of the future in the 1st or 2nd round. I really like Losman.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-10-2004, 07:33 AM
My board would look something like this:
Round Three
nobody

Round Four
Cody Pickett
Matt Schaub
Casey Claussen
Robert Kent
Josh Harris
Luke McCown

Round Five
Jarred Lorenzen
Jeff Smoker

Round Six-Seven-Free Agency
BJ Simmons
Eric Rasmussen
Ryan Dinwiddle
John Navarre
Casey Bramlet
Rod Rutherford
Craig Krenzel
Bradlee Van Pelt
Matt Mauck
Matt Kegel
Asad Abdul Kaliq

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 08:16 AM
i would love to have smoker...

my order of guys that i would use a draft pick on this year goes like this...

rivers - 2nd
smoker - 4th
clausen - 5th
simmons - 6th
van pelt - 7th
dinwiddle - 7th

i wouldnt take them any earlier than that.. expect maybe rivers.. in a trade down situation.

Dozerdog
03-10-2004, 08:32 AM
It all depends how FAcy goes and who's on the board.

Big Ben or Manning are the only ones I would grab at 13- and i'm not going to trade up to get these guys.

Rivers or Loseman in Rd 2

Smoker, Clausen, and the rest rd 4 or later

SABURZFAN
03-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i would love to have smoker...

my order of guys that i would use a draft pick on this year goes like this...

rivers - 2nd
smoker - 4th
clausen - 5th
simmons - 6th
van pelt - 7th
dinwiddle - 7th

i wouldnt take them any earlier than that.. expect maybe rivers.. in a trade down situation.

there's a kid name rislov from san jose st that would be worth a 7th round pick too.other than that,i agree with Tatonka's picks.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

there's a kid name rislov from san jose st that would be worth a 7th round pick too.other than that,i agree with Tatonka's picks.

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=211&p=8&c=1&yr=2004&nid=939939

Bmax
03-10-2004, 04:29 PM
losman rd 2, schaub 3, harris rd 4, smoker rd 5, kent rd 6 and clausen rd 7......

Henson rd 2

if he goes back in draft

bmax