PDA

View Full Version : Volek or Rivers?

schobelisdaman
03-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Would u rather get Billy Volek and get an immediate impact player in the first or not get Volek and go with Rivers?

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Rivers.

elltrain22
03-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Does that answer your question...

Dozerdog
03-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Does that answer your question...

Is that Billy Volek at Fresno St?

Devin
03-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Rivers easy.

the dude
03-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Is that Billy Volek at Fresno St?

Yah - he who started in front of David Carr.

I don't see why this is an either / or question. If we get Volek (unlikely), then there's probably a decent chance we'll cut Bledsoe and draft a QB. My preference is that the drafted QB be Rivers.

I don't believe Volek will go someplace to be 2nd string - except maybe to Green Bay to learn from Favre (his idol) for a year or two. I still say Bledsoe only stays if he brings his salary down to <5 mill per when all is said and done. My gut feel tells me the Toms are just feeling out all the possible scenarios right now ...

NC-BILLS44
03-09-2004, 09:10 PM
RIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-10-2004, 05:45 AM
I don't think you can classify Volek as "an immediate impact player" but I would take him if those are my choices, I guess. I am not a fan of drafting Rivers in the 1st round.

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by schobelisdaman
Would u rather get Billy Volek and get an immediate impact player in the first or not get Volek and go with Rivers?

i am indifferent.. i kinda like volek actually.. and i pulled some numbers on him from college.. he put up great numbers at fresno st.. and he definately played well last year when needed.. the titans definately want him back.. the organization and all of the fans (from reading their message boards)... but i really want rivers.. it just pisses me off because just 2 months ago he was a 3rd round guy.. and then everyone started noticing him.. and the ***** had to go and play so well at the senior bowl.. now he is a 1st round guy.. ugh.. :D

so i like them both.. i will be happy if we get either.. or extatic if we get both.

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I don't think you can classify Volek as "an immediate impact player" but I would take him if those are my choices, I guess. I am not a fan of drafting Rivers in the 1st round.

that is my only hang up on rivers too.. i am not a fan of drafting him in the 1st, but i really want him.. it really wont matter to td though i dont think.. he rates guys on his own and ranks them as 1st/2nd whatever.. which is why we ended up with mcgahee last year.. so it really just depends on if TD ranks him as a 1st round guy or a 2nd..

i guess we shall see.

NC-BILLS44
03-10-2004, 08:33 AM
RIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
RIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who?

TedMock
03-10-2004, 08:34 AM
I am not a fan of drafting Rivers in the 1st round.

That's the problem when we have such a weak draft this year. WR's are plenty but the overall pool isn't that great.

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
That's the problem when we have such a weak draft this year. WR's are plenty but the overall pool isn't that great.

you mean weak at the qb spot right? i would say this is one of the best overall drafts in the past decade if not longer.. again, that is overall.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-10-2004, 09:01 AM
I agree with Tatonka, this is a very good draft. The only positions that it is weak is maybe top flight running back and defensive end. Other than that each position is pretty good and deep.

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 10:21 AM
I agree with Tatonka

see how much easier that is?

:biggrin:

:cheers:

TedMock
03-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

you mean weak at the qb spot right? i would say this is one of the best overall drafts in the past decade if not longer.. again, that is overall.

Yes, sorry for not making myself clear. I think WR is the deepest of all. OL is deep too. QB is just poor. I like Rivers a lot but in any other draft he's a mid-2nd rounder.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

see how much easier that is?

:biggrin:

:cheers:

:lol:
Did I really say that?!?!?!?!?!?

NC-BILLS44
03-10-2004, 12:14 PM
RIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hermanator21
03-10-2004, 12:36 PM
As much as I like Rivers too,with the signing of Duce Staley to the steelers, I think that the steelers will draft Rivers with the #11 pick. So If we want Rivers we will need to move up in the draft. Volek will be cheaper than Rivers would be at a top ten pick or even at 13 if he does drop....so I wouldn't mind Volek just don't sign him to a Rob Johnson contract.

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
:lol:
Did I really say that?!?!?!?!?!?

i have taken a picture of it.. you cant get out of it now!

:horse:

Originally posted by Hermanator21
As much as I like Rivers too,with the signing of Duce Staley to the steelers, I think that the steelers will draft Rivers with the #11 pick. So If we want Rivers we will need to move up in the draft. Volek will be cheaper than Rivers would be at a top ten pick or even at 13 if he does drop....so I wouldn't mind Volek just don't sign him to a Rob Johnson contract.

great point.

especially the rj comment.. but td never would have done that in the first place.

NC-BILLS44
03-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Don't the Steelers also need a starting CB?

Hermanator21
03-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Yes, and thats our only hope If we want Rivers at #13