PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Darcy.

mchurchfie
03-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Even though it might be too little, too late at least you addressed some of the issues on this team...the main one being "Softness." Just by getting rid of Brown and Delmore without adding anyone else automatically makes this team tougher. I only wish you could have packaged up Campbell with the deal. The addition of the new "very tough" young defensivemen along with Grier will make this a gritty team like it used to be and like the ones that we always had and appreciated in Buffalo. Apparently you have FINALLY gotten the picture Darcy, that we don't like finesse teams around here.:bf1: Thank you also for not taking the cheap way out and giving away one of the only snipers we had in Satan for a handful of draftpicks or prospects. That tells us the fans that you are indeed committed to making this a winning team at least in a small capacity. Now you must sit him down and explain to the little sniveling baby that he is getting paid 5 million dollars a year and that he must perform 110% everytime he steps on the ice...not just when it is time to audition for another team.....shame on you Miro.:cynic: I am for the first time in a long time excited about the Sabres again. The only shame is in the fact that you probably could have and should have done this about 3 months ago...we might not be scrambling for the 8th place slot just to make the Playoffs right now.

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I totally agree and can only hope these moves put us into the playoffs when these moves should have solidified it but Darcy waited too long. We shall see soon enough.

SkateZilla
03-09-2004, 06:47 PM
all we need is 4 more wins than tha isles in the remaining game..

lets Szee how the Defense hold up against Washington..who has sold all of their good players...

lmao.. most of the 9th place and lower teams sold off their Top Players... Making it easier For Us .. Maybe

The Spaz
03-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
all we need is 4 more wins than tha isles in the remaining game..

lets Szee how the Defense hold up against Washington..who has sold all of their good players...

lmao.. most of the 9th place and lower teams sold off their Top Players... Making it easier For Us .. Maybe

They did beat Philly the other night though so who knows.

qcsabresfan84
03-09-2004, 07:12 PM
washington's top scorer now is jeff halpern, so i don't think that our defense will have too much trouble tomorrow night

fushetti
03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Even though it might be too little, too late at least you addressed some of the issues on this team...the main one being "Softness." Just by getting rid of Brown and Delmore without adding anyone else automatically makes this team tougher. I only wish you could have packaged up Campbell with the deal. The addition of the new "very tough" young defensivemen along with Grier will make this a gritty team like it used to be and like the ones that we always had and appreciated in Buffalo. Apparently you have FINALLY gotten the picture Darcy, that we don't like finesse teams around here.:bf1: Thank you also for not taking the cheap way out and giving away one of the only snipers we had in Satan for a handful of draftpicks or prospects. That tells us the fans that you are indeed committed to making this a winning team at least in a small capacity. Now you must sit him down and explain to the little sniveling baby that he is getting paid 5 million dollars a year and that he must perform 110% everytime he steps on the ice...not just when it is time to audition for another team.....shame on you Miro.:cynic: I am for the first time in a long time excited about the Sabres again. The only shame is in the fact that you probably could have and should have done this about 3 months ago...we might not be scrambling for the 8th place slot just to make the Playoffs right now.

Church, tell me youre kidding

mchurchfie
03-09-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
Church, tell me youre kidding
Okay, "I'm kidding."..............
http://www.jhw.co.uk/images/document_images/12/fingers-crossed.jpg

In what way??:huh:

mchurchfie
03-09-2004, 07:31 PM
I am not as excited about the minimal talent that we got as I am about the fact that....
No 1 - We at least made some deals without giving away our best players for nothing other than to unload their contracts.
No 2 - Regier seems to realize now that he has to make this a tougher team instead of bringing in more soft players like Delmore who are afraid of breaking a nail.:idunno:

qcsabresfan84
03-09-2004, 09:19 PM
I agree with you church, Darcy could have done a lot worse.

mchurchfie
03-09-2004, 10:05 PM
I like Grier alot...I think that he will compliment our skill players greatly with his physical play and toughness. he doesn't take any crap from anyone.:up:

lordofgun
03-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
I like Grier alot...I think that he will compliment our skill players greatly with his physical play and toughness. he doesn't take any crap from anyone.:up:

Just because he's good on NHL Hitz doesn't mean he's good in real life. :shakeno:

mchurchfie
03-09-2004, 10:35 PM
They can all hit in Hitz:naughty:...even Curtis Brown and Delmore.:eek::puke:

Ebenezer
03-10-2004, 11:06 AM
The trades were all esoteric at best...this team, as assembled, will not make the playoffs.

Fennernen
03-11-2004, 02:46 PM
es·o·ter·ic adjective
1 a : designed for or understood by the specially initiated alone <a body of esoteric legal doctrine -- B. N. Cardozo> b : requiring or exhibiting knowledge that is restricted to a small group <esoteric terminology> <esoteric strategies>; broadly : difficult to understand <esoteric subjects>
2 a : limited to a small circle <engaging in esoteric pursuits> b : private, confidential <an esoteric purpose>
3 : of special, rare, or unusual interest <esoteric building materials>