• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Moulds

Just curious - How much longer does Moulds have on his contract, or until it becomes backlogged and the Bills are forced to release him due to the cap?

If it is within the next 2 years, I could definitely see the Bills going WR in rnd 1. That would leave the Bills with Reed/Rookie as the two starting WRs post-Moulds.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

I think that Moulds has 2 years left on his contract. Oddly enough, when Marvin Harrison's deal (his contract ends next year) gets put together and excepted, we should get a better idea of what Moulds might be expecting as compensation.

Polian will have his hands full next year. After that monster contract with Manning, he has to clear cap space for both Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison next season. My guess is that one of them find themselves out of Indy after next season.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

moulds has 2 years.. and td wont overpay for him, especially at age 33, which is what he will be when his contract ends.. so he will walk.. i bet you.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

Moulds:

2004 Cap - $7.495M/$4.245M Base Salary
        2005 Cap - $8.775M/$5.5M Base Salary
        2006 Cap - $9.189M/$6.089M Base Salary

His Bonus Amortization is only $2M per season, so releasing him would lead to a large cap savings in the future. Of course, releasing him would probably also mean losing one of the best WR in the NFL and one of the Bills best players.

One would think Buffalo will want to revisit this contract in the next year or two, given how high his cap numbers is escalating. His situation isn't unlike what the Pats are going through with Ty Law, who has a huge cap number but a lot of leverage because he is a great player. I would think Moulds would want an extension if the team approached him.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

moulds is making great money.he should have no problem playing out his contract.the next two years will be important for moulds to bargain for a contract.i'd like to see him retire a Bill.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
            I think that Moulds has 2 years left on his contract. Oddly enough, when Marvin Harrison's deal (his contract ends next year) gets put together and excepted, we should get a better idea of what Moulds might be expecting as compensation.

Polian will have his hands full next year. After that monster contract with Manning, he has to clear cap space for both Edgerrin James and Marvin Harrison next season. My guess is that one of them find themselves out of Indy after next season.
            He counted 15 million agains tthe Colts cap last year- his new deal is actuially quite cap freindly for the first 4 years or so.

This year it's under 9 million - The colts will keep Harrison, Edge is a different story depending on his health

Comment

• Jeff1220
              • Jul 2002

I don't know the WRs in the draft very well, other than the top 5 or so being awesome. Which one of these top guys would be the best compliment to Reed's slot-style?

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

probably williams
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                  probably williams
                  lol.
                  Last edited by Jeff1220; 03-10-2004, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

OK- after reading this- I'll lean toward drafting a WR at #13

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      OK- after reading this- I'll lean toward drafting a WR at #13
                      thank you. good to see some sanity here...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

I don't think Moulds will walk. He offered to take a big paycut just to keep Peerless Price around... and he could've went anywhere during his last contract talks, he chose to stay in B'LO.

Moulds doesn't strike me as the money-hungry type.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                          I don't think Moulds will walk. He offered to take a big paycut just to keep Peerless Price around... and he could've went anywhere during his last contract talks, he chose to stay in B'LO.

Moulds doesn't strike me as the money-hungry type.
                          He can't "walk" anywhere. He is under contract through 2006. I see a major restructure next year that will make him a Bill for life.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                            I am the Man!
                            • Mar 2004

Moulds is still a top reciver and even though he is getting up there in years he NEEDS to be a Buffalo Bill for LIFE!

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer

He can't "walk" anywhere. He is under contract through 2006. .
                              I meant when his contract is up

Comment

Working...
                              X