PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you guys see this?

Michael82
03-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Rochester's Roland Williams could end up as a member of the Buffalo Bills this year. Newsource 13 Sports has learned that the veteran tight end has had preliminary discussions with the Bills about a contract.

The Bills are in need of a backup tight end to play behing Mark Campbell. Williams is a free agent since being released by the Tampa Bay Bucaneers. The talks between Williams and the Bills are considered to be in the preliminary stages at the moment.

http://www.rochestertoday.com/sports/local/story.aspx?content_id=AF49051F-8AF7-477D-B66B-417348B80E92

Tatonka
03-10-2004, 10:17 AM
i would rather have bruener personally.. he would be more of an asset in run formations and on the goal line.. campbell is the only TE that is going to be catching anything.

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 10:19 AM
How many years is he going to be rumored to be with us. I think the last 2 years he has been mentioned as joining the Bills.:rofl:

Michael82
03-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i would rather have bruener personally.. he would be more of an asset in run formations and on the goal line.. campbell is the only TE that is going to be catching anything.

I totally agree. I love the way Bruener kicks ass when he blocks. :D

Devin
03-10-2004, 10:32 AM
any furthur word on bruener?

Jan Reimers
03-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Roland is a good blocker, a little younger than Bruener, would probably come cheaper, and is an Orangeman to boot. What could be better.

Michael82
03-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Roland is a good blocker, a little younger than Bruener, would probably come cheaper, and is an Orangeman to boot. What could be better.

Plus, he is from Rochester and would excite a ton of Rochester fans, and would bring non Bills fans to camp. :D

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Boo Williams?

Booooooooooooooooooooooo.........................

Michael82
03-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Boo Williams?

Booooooooooooooooooooooo.........................

Not Boo Williams. Roland Williams, former Ram and former Raider.

SABURZFAN
03-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

it could be better if we get both and make neufeld expendable.that could possibly solidify the TE position with campbell.

Bmax
03-10-2004, 03:24 PM
williams would be a better choice than brunner ...He is a very good run blocker and a great locker room guy.....I am a little biased since i got to know him when he played for the cuse ...

Very smart and he holds a camp for kids in rochester every year ...just a guy that you love to root for... In a leaugue which is filled with jerks.. it would be good for a nice guy good player to have some sucess by coming home to play.. I just hope he totaled healed from the injuries.

Bmax

Hermanator21
03-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Bruener or draft a TE or both no Williams