PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hamilton compares Jeff Jillson to...

Ebenezer
03-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Mike Wilson.

Read 'em and weap. WGR Sabres beat reporter Paul Hamilton compared Jeff Jilson to Mike Wilson. All the tools...none of the drive. I believe that Hamilton is pretty smart about this stuff. He is a former college hockey defensemen and invitee for the 1980 Olympic Hockey Team.

Somebody better start driving Jillson now or this kid will be trumped out of Buffalo as fast as Connolly was disliked.

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 11:12 AM
I don't think Mike Wilson was a high draft pick. I sure hope Jillson doesn't turn out like him Wilson was a big pansy and he couldn't skate nearly as well as Jillson. Jillson might not turn out but he is nothing like Wilson.

fushetti
03-10-2004, 01:59 PM
what ever happened to Tiny?

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
what ever happened to Tiny?

We traded Mike Wilson to the Panthers for Rhett Warrener.

I the end I
03-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

One of the most one sided trades ever by the way. :lolhit:

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by I the end I

One of the most one sided trades ever by the way. :lolhit:

Darcy can deal he just waits to ****ing long to do it. I think Darcy was the one to do that.

qcsabresfan84
03-10-2004, 02:22 PM

Darcy can deal he just waits to ****ing long to do it. I think Darcy was the one to do that.

yeah he was

Ebenezer
03-10-2004, 02:27 PM

Darcy is like a guy who plays poker only when he has a straight or better.

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Darcy is like a guy who plays poker only when he has a straight or better.

Sure seems that way for sure!:up:

SkateZilla
03-10-2004, 03:24 PM
And They Wonder Why Players dont Play In Buffalo..

The Dummies Analyze and Compare If Not Deflate their Style Before they Even Play Their First Game..

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by SkateZilla

The Dummies Analyze and Compare If Not Deflate their Style Before they Even Play Their First Game..

Lets leave the personal attacks out of this.

SkateZilla
03-10-2004, 03:45 PM
what personal attacks...???

The_Philster
03-10-2004, 03:46 PM

for Warrener AND a draft pick. Darcy should've been arrested for grand larceny on that one. :chuckle:

SkateZilla
03-10-2004, 03:50 PM
but the last couple seasons We've Given Players away For "Future Considerations"..

Including Hasek and Woolley

Ebenezer
03-10-2004, 03:59 PM

No offense man, by SkateZilla vs. Paul Hamilton...unless you come up with some credentials quick I have to believe PH on this one...btw, you think B-Lo is tough ask about NY, Montreal or Toronto.

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 04:00 PM
what personal attacks...???

Ebenezer
03-10-2004, 04:03 PM
...and you can bet if Jillson goes out there tonight and stinks up the joint the fans are going to be screaming on the talk shows.

SkateZilla
03-10-2004, 04:12 PM
I Didnt mean it to Be any form of attack.. it just goes to show no one in buffalo has respect for atheletes...

just cuz he stunk up boston dont mean he'll stink up buffalo..

look at briere.. he was booed his lat 5 games in pheonix.

Ebenezer
03-10-2004, 05:10 PM
I Didnt mean it to Be any form of attack.. it just goes to show no one in buffalo has respect for atheletes...

just cuz he stunk up boston dont mean he'll stink up buffalo..

look at briere.. he was booed his lat 5 games in pheonix.

for Jillson's sake you better be right.

pyrrhonist
03-10-2004, 05:14 PM
If anything, Jillson was picked on more in SJ than Boston. I remember some of the people we sit with in SJ when I take my wife to see her Sharks play, they'd be going off about how Jillson was so promising, but played lazy. He started off strong in Boston this year, but his production fell off a bit. Then Slegr came in, and he was just the odd man out. He does have offensive talent, though, so perhaps what Buffalo thought Delmore would bring in (Ha!) will come with Jeff.

If you think that we're being tough on Jillson too fast, Skate, you should head to the Sharks message boards on their site, and see how much hell they're giving Curtis, before he even takes the ice for the Sharks.

Ebenezer
03-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
If you think that we're being tough on Jillson too fast, Skate, you should head to the Sharks message boards on their site, and see how much hell they're giving Curtis, before he even takes the ice for the Sharks.

and like him or not, overstayed his welcome or not, Brown can and has played at the NHL level for 8 years.

pyrrhonist
03-10-2004, 05:27 PM
I totally agree. Buffalo fans want every player to be a 40-goal scorer, though. :rofl:

Ebenezer
03-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
I totally agree. Buffalo fans want every player to be a 40-goal scorer, though. :rofl:

only if he is a top 2 line forward...if he is a Def we want a little toughnes...

hurls
03-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Jillson rarely played in Boston, because he was regarded as "soft." So I'd say Mike Wilson's a good comparison

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by slruh
Jillson rarely played in Boston, because he was regarded as "soft." So I'd say Mike Wilson's a good comparison

I wouldn't say that was totally true Boston had a lot of defensemen on their team and they we're also solid. Jillson is still young and can only hope that he gets better him being only 23 he has a chance.