View Full Version : couch a bill???

bills_7
03-10-2004, 05:47 PM
is there any chance that couch or holcomb will be released or traded??? now that jeff is there

Dozerdog
03-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Holcomb will stay- he's cheapser and also outplayed Couch

Couch will most likely get traded before being released. A second or 3rd round pick either this year or next ought to do it.

He will still make big money if that happens. Only if he gets cut will he come cheaper- but still too much for a backup. I can see pittsburgh and/or the Steelers being interested. Basically- the same teams that were interested in Henson

bills_7
03-10-2004, 05:54 PM
would u consider dropping drew for couch??? if it is possable i wouldnt mind to see couch here

Bert102176
03-10-2004, 05:56 PM
hell no I want Rivers

bills_7
03-10-2004, 05:58 PM
what another collins....... im sick of rookie QB's i want proven players

Dozerdog
03-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by bills_7
would u consider dropping drew for couch??? if it is possable i wouldnt mind to see couch here

No. I don't want a guy who is now 3rd string on a team worse than us to be our starter.

If he gets cut, and signs for 2 million- I'd think about him as a backup.

bills_7
03-10-2004, 06:03 PM
what couch is so good if we had couch drew would be the back up forsure or even release him if we cant afford it.... cle was crap so couch played like crap sometimes

The Spaz
03-10-2004, 06:05 PM
what couch is so good if we had couch drew would be the back up forsure or even release him if we cant afford it.... cle was crap so couch played like crap sometimes

What games have you watched that Couch was so good?

Dozerdog
03-10-2004, 06:06 PM
And that doesn't hold true for Bledsoe?

Couch hasn't done much in Cleveland- even whern they had talent and were a playoff team. He still lost out to Holcombe.

bills_7
03-10-2004, 06:08 PM
couch played good in prime time when i watched him and he has tuns of potential and he can SCRAMBLE

Dozerdog
03-10-2004, 06:18 PM
I hope you aren't basing Tim Couch on one performance against a terrible Pittsburgh club on ESPN

bills_7
03-10-2004, 06:22 PM
come on ur telling me u would rather have this rivers guy rather then couch??? or is drew ur guy?? im happy with drew but i think couch would do well here

Dozerdog
03-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I don't have a strong opinion on Rivers one way or another . I don't want to get him at #13.

I'm leaning more toward a WR at 13 unless there is a ridiculous run on the position - thus dropping a really good player to us. I'm also in favor of trading down getting another good pick in Rd 2. There will be good QB choices later in the draft- If we got a Udeze or even a Shaun Andrews at 13 and a Loseman in Rd 2 I'd be happy as well.

I don't want to chase one struggling QB out of town just to bring in another one. As Earthquake Enyart likes to say- it's like swapping garbage cans....

juice
03-10-2004, 06:42 PM
UMMM.. A reciever at 13?

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2004, 06:51 PM
come on ur telling me u would rather have this rivers guy rather then couch??? or is drew ur guy?? im happy with drew but i think couch would do well here

Yes we are. What makes you think Couch would do anything here? He has been in the league for 4 years now and has done nothing.

bills_7
03-10-2004, 07:13 PM
he just needs a change.... cle has done nothing couch has done lots just not consistently and they r wracking his career there......
we bring another rookie its gonna be collins all over again
couch would do amazing here

The Natrix
03-10-2004, 07:21 PM
:rofl:

Let me get this straight. You start a thread, saying Drew needs another WR and he is a great QB. Now you say Couch would start over him? What the ****?

Couch stinks. Since he was a #1 pick, he as got EVERY chance in the world to prove himself, and he has failed miserable. As much as I don't like Drew, if he was cut in favor of Couch I would drive to Buffalo, and egg and toilet paper anyone's house who was involved in the decision.

bills_7
03-10-2004, 07:26 PM
i said drew needs a WR for what the team has to work with now........
dont get me wrong i like drew.......
i think if we got couch he would do great here cle sucks couch did not get a good chance everytime he playe bad they pulled him for holcomb.........
and couch does not stink give him a yr here and u will be wearing #2 on the back of ur jersey

BAM
03-10-2004, 07:27 PM
**** Couch. you scared me by saying Couch a Bill?

The Natrix
03-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by BAM
you scared me by saying Couch a Bill?

Scared me as well. Maybe the mods should rephrase the title. We wouldn't want to lose any zoners to a heart attack.

bills_7
03-10-2004, 07:34 PM
you guys r nuts but i can respect ur opinion on couch......
just dont tell me u want a rookie there!!!

BAM
03-10-2004, 07:42 PM
i want bledsoe there. he's gonna be fine this year i talked to Miss Cleo

Lerd 'ave mercy. :afro:

bills_7
03-10-2004, 07:47 PM
i now i also want drew there........ but if couch had a chance to come i would be happy with that......
couch was just a sugestion!!!!
eh and im new at this how did u guys change my name lol
and how do i change it back lol

bills_7
03-10-2004, 07:48 PM
sundin is my hero GO leafs GO!!!

The_Philster
03-10-2004, 08:23 PM
you guys r nuts but i can respect ur opinion on couch......
just dont tell me u want a rookie there!!!

Fine...we won't tell you...but I'd rather have a rookie brought in to learn the position than to bring in someone who hasn't lived up to his draft status. I saw him live in Cleveland at the scrimmage and Kelly Holcomb outperformed him by leaps and bounds.

Novacane
03-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Now that Cleveland has Garcia and if Pittsburg gets Couch that will be 2 teams ahead of us in the draft that have filled their QB need. The possibility of Big Ben being there at 13 gets a little bit more realistic.

bills_7
03-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

Fine...we won't tell you...but I'd rather have a rookie brought in to learn the position than to bring in someone who hasn't lived up to his draft status. I saw him live in Cleveland at the scrimmage and Kelly Holcomb outperformed him by leaps and bounds.

k so if u had to pick between drew and couch who would u pick just wondering

helmetguy
03-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Now that Cleveland has Garcia and if Pittsburg gets Couch that will be 2 teams ahead of us in the draft that have filled their QB need. The possibility of Big Ben being there at 13 gets a little bit more realistic.

The latest Fox Sports Mock Draft has us taking Big Ben at 13.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2203850

Novacane
03-10-2004, 09:09 PM

k so if u had to pick between drew and couch who would u pick just wondering

They are basicaly the same QB but Couch is younger so I'd take Bledsoe. He is closer to being gotten rid of.

Novacane
03-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

The latest Fox Sports Mock Draft has us taking Big Ben at 13.

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2203850

:up: With SD talking about dumping Boston I think they very well could be looking at Fitzgerald or maybe Mike williams. If they pass on a QB I think there could be a 50/50 chance of Ben falling to us at 13. Providing Pittsburg signs Couch and someone else does not trade up for BR.

bills_7
03-10-2004, 09:14 PM
how r they the same at all give me a break they r totally different

Novacane
03-10-2004, 09:16 PM
how r they the same at all give me a break they r totally different

They are both are very immobile pocket passers with big arms that have to have great pass protection or they are screwed.

The_Philster
03-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
They are both are very immobile pocket passers with big arms that have to have great pass protection or they are screwed.

I don't see Couch as having a big arm.

bills_7
03-10-2004, 09:22 PM
couch is mobble enough way more mobile then drew and drews arm is way bigger then couchs

Novacane
03-10-2004, 09:24 PM
couch is mobble enough way more mobile then drew

Thats not saying much. My Grandma is more mobile than Bledsoe

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-10-2004, 10:44 PM
I like :couch: it's a nice confortable piece of furniture to sit on and watch :tube:
:lolcry:

mikedd74
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Couch is garbage and is a bust he had quite a talented trio of wide receivers and still failed in Cleveland he would not do any better here. I say we draft a QB (Ben R or Phil Rivers) both have good size and would start in two years. Bledsoe had a bad year period he is not that bad he was a product of poor play calling and bad Off line play. He would benefit with a speed reciever with Josh Reed in the slot. Plus if the run the ball it will keep our defense off the field. They will be more improved with a better offensive coaching staff.

bills_7
03-11-2004, 01:01 PM
shaw should be in the slot not reed

EDS
03-11-2004, 01:26 PM
what another collins....... im sick of rookie QB's i want proven players

Couch is not an upgrade. I rather take a chance with a rookie myself. Besides, how can you be sick of rookie quarterbacks, the Bills have not had one that has played significant minutes since Jim Kelly - and he was seasoned in the USFL. Collins did not play as a rookie.

texasphinsfan
03-11-2004, 01:44 PM
i think couch is a downgrade for you guys as well... Bledsoe might fare a lot better if you get a second healthy wideout and an OL that can hold. Have you solved your OL problems yet? Maybe you should be looking at that in the draft before QB or WR.

and i don't think Pitt wants Couch... as much as i hate to say it, they want Rivers.

bills_7
03-11-2004, 01:57 PM
what do u guys have against couch, im not really even a couch fan but i still think he would do good here, he needs a sec chance, were ever he goes i hope he proves u guys wrong

texasphinsfan
03-11-2004, 02:06 PM
what do u guys have against couch, im not really even a couch fan but i still think he would do good here, he needs a sec chance, were ever he goes i hope he proves u guys wrong

i don't have anything against him. i think he is a decent QB. i think Bledsoe is better though. Hence i said Couch is a "downgrade" for you guys.

bills_7
03-11-2004, 11:02 PM
there is no way that couch is a downgrade he can only help us, weither hes a storng #2 or the started

The_Philster
03-12-2004, 04:50 AM
what do u guys have against couch

I've seen him play live.

Dozerdog
03-12-2004, 07:47 AM
there is no way that couch is a downgrade he can only help us, weither hes a storng #2 or the started

He can be a detriment to the team, if we give him 3-4 million as a backup- It's salary cap space we could use to get better players.

justasportsfan
03-12-2004, 07:59 AM
bills_7 , you wouldn't happen to have an alias. quizlet?

bills_7
03-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
bills_7 , you wouldn't happen to have an alias. quizlet?

who or what is quizlet???