• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hermanator21
    Bleed Red, White, and Blue
    • Mar 2004

What do you do before the game?

I was just wondering what you guys and ladies do before each game. Any game rituals that you might have,who's jersey do you wear,do you shower???,what time do you start drinking,anything that you do.

This is how my pregame ritual starts: at about 9:ooam when for some reason I wake up. I cant ever wake before 11 am any other day of the week.Next I read the mourning paper and drink a cup of coffee and read what stupid idiot has predicted for the coming up games. Next I will look at my fantasy team and make most of my decisions. Then I watch Countdown. Then I get dressed in either my Home jersey or Away jersey depending where we are playing. Then I put on my matching Blue Bills Pants along with my matching blue nikes, next comes the receivers gloves and my hat.Look in the mirrior to make sure everything is on straight.Then I grab my football and head on over to my freinds house. He has 4 TVs and there are four of us : me , a giant fan, steelers fan, and a stupid bear fan(Bear fans are dumb). By 12:30 we start drinking , passing the ball around . Then we all go to our own little den, mine is the garage, sit in the same rocking chair and just rock away....
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Wake up at 11am stumble to shower, then stumble to the fridge for beer and cold pizza.. Travel to a friends house to watch the game with a dozen friends or so and watch the game, eat and drink and play livingroom football.. Cant believe how good a blocker a 6 man couch is..

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Sep 2003

drink!!!

Comment

• gggbills
        • Mar 2003

For home games, I catch a plane from LA to Buffalo Friday night. I arrive in Buffalo Saturday morning and take a nap! Saturday afternoon I start drinking down at the Barrel House on Chippew St. (spelling).....I drink till about 8:00 then go back to my hotel....(Adams Mark), and order wings from LA NOVA......I eat and then pass out.

On Sunday, I get up about 8, and TRY to go to the workout room for a 40 min. walk on the treadmill. I then shower, and start drinking. I catch a ride, taxi/limo whatever.....at about 10:30. I get to the RALPH at about 11:15 and continue drinking. I get a hot dog from one of the stands and continue drinking. I go into the JK club around noon, and make sure my seat is still there, afterwhich I continue drinking. During the game I wave my big flag, drink and yell until I lose my voice.

When the Bills win, I get a ride back from the game and I go back to Chippew street....can you guess what I do then?? If they lose, I get a ride back to Chippew street and have about one drink...I am then so depressed that I go back to my hotel and go to sleep. Win or lose, I get my meal from Steak Out and take it back to the hotel room.

Either way, in the morning I go home. For away games, I get up at about 9 and go to the National Sports Bar, I find what tv the Bills game is on and watch it....oh yes.....and drink!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Drive 6 hours

Comment

• Marvelous
            • Feb 2004

Wake up at 11:00, shower. Up until we got DB i'd put on #12.
            week 9 or 10 last year i switched to Clements.
            Back and forth from all the pre-game shows. try to find time to make changes to my Fantasy lineup from thenight before.
            At kickoff i stand and dont sit till halftime. I just cant sit(no clue).
            I dont start drinking until halftime. If we win I celebrate with a glass of Guinness. Lose i drink sometime into the 8:30 game and pass out.
            * Note i did order my victory Guinness pre mature during the Titan playoff game

Direct TV/sunday ticket is the best thing to ever happen to this Bills fan....
            GO BILLS!!! NE
            Magical Trevor

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gggbills
              For home games, I catch a plane from LA to Buffalo Friday night.

WoW! Thats dedication! It's gotta cost you close to a grand to attend each home game.

Comment

• samhain1961
                • Sep 2003

Oh man, I used to have a whole routine just the the rest of you.
                I had the special shirt or jersey, the Zubaz pants, Bills underwear, Bills socks, you name it!
                Then I had all those specific gameday habits that I had to adhere to for fear that if I didn't, the "football gods" would surely punish me with a Bills loss!
                And, of course , the #1 ritual was lots & lots of beer.

Yep, those were the days.

I stuck with this pattern for years & years, from 1988 until the end of the Flutie years. By the end, my "special" Bills socks were in tatters, with far more space between the threads than threads!

But, like they say, all good things must come to an end. And my ritualistic Bills behavior did just that.
                Perhaps not so surprisingly, this occured right around the same time that my all consuming adoration of beer left me. :confused2
                "Be nice... until it's time to NOT be nice"
                -Jim

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Get up when I wake up- do anything that I can to kill the time before the game starts (usually it's studying). I have Spikes and Bledsoe jerseys, but I usually wear the Spikes one on game days because my wife has the same Bledsoe jersey and I feel ridiculous if we're wearing the same thing. If the Bills are in a slump, I'll break out the old B. Smith jersey for luck (it usually doesn't work).

My friends usually come over at 12:30 or so (I have Sunday Ticket, which is the only way to get the Bills here in DC), and we eat and sometimes drink beers. Since I tend to overreact to football when I'm dead sober, I try to minimize my drinking during the games (that and sometimes I'm still hung over from the previous night).
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr B
                    • Sep 2002

Take a crap... lol

Comment

• samhain1961
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Sippio
                      Wake up at 11:00, shower. Up until we got DB i'd put on #12.
                      week 9 or 10 last year i switched to Clements.
                      Back and forth from all the pre-game shows. try to find time to make changes to my Fantasy lineup from thenight before.
                      At kickoff i stand and dont sit till halftime. I just cant sit(no clue).
                      I dont start drinking until halftime. If we win I celebrate with a glass of Guinness. Lose i drink sometime into the 8:30 game and pass out.
                      * Note i did order my victory Guinness pre mature during the Titan playoff game

Direct TV/sunday ticket is the best thing to ever happen to this Bills fan....

Does anyone else out there know when the exclusive deal between Direct TV & the NFL Sunday Ticket expires?
                      I know they just resigned the deal about two years ago, but can't recall for how long.
                      I would think that once it does though, that the NFL will decide to let the cable industry in on the deal. It would seem that there's just too much additional revenue out there for them to go exclusive with Direct TV again.
                      What with the high definition channels that they're offering along with VOD & their packaging their services with highspeed internet etc. making cable the better deal now, I would think that once the pact between the NFL & Direct TV expires, the cable industry will fight like hell to get their piece of the Sunday Ticket pie.
                      "Be nice... until it's time to NOT be nice"
                      -Jim

Comment

• #1NY PhinFan
                        • Mar 2004

This is my first post to the board, and though I come here not to be a trouble maker my first post may rub you bills fans the wrong way.
                        I joined this MB because it is like a car wreck, as you pass you have to look, although you know what you will see will be grotesque and ghastly, you still find your self glued to the horror.
                        I chose this thread as my first to reply on because I noticed something. It takes you bills fans a lot of liquid courage to watch your beloved sheep…I mean bills play. I guess if my team was a consistent loser I would drink myself into a stupor also. Now I am sure I will get the same old, “well the Dolphins continually fail to make the playoffs.” Well, I guess it is easier to sit back and not worry so much knowing we are consistent with being a winning franchise and know that one season we will put it together and get past our December woes. I can also wrap myself in the warm cozy feeling that we will always have our Lombardi trophy, no matter how long ago, we still have one! I mean ya’all have a record, 4 straight SB loses, but I guess beer is the one thing that can sooth that wound.

Well, now I am here, and I look forward to a great Dolphin/Bills rivalry this 2004 season. I just hope the MODS here are not as flakey as the ones on Finheaven
                        Wide Right, Forward Lateral, No Goal, In the Crease...Always an excuse for losing in Buffalo. More WHINE with that cheese!!!
                        **** the bills

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by #1NY PhinFan
                          This is my first post to the board, and though I come here not to be a trouble maker my first post may rub you bills fans the wrong way.
                          I joined this MB because it is like a car wreck, as you pass you have to look, although you know what you will see will be grotesque and ghastly, you still find your self glued to the horror.
                          I chose this thread as my first to reply on because I noticed something. It takes you bills fans a lot of liquid courage to watch your beloved sheep…I mean bills play. I guess if my team was a consistent loser I would drink myself into a stupor also. Now I am sure I will get the same old, “well the Dolphins continually fail to make the playoffs.” Well, I guess it is easier to sit back and not worry so much knowing we are consistent with being a winning franchise and know that one season we will put it together and get past our December woes. I can also wrap myself in the warm cozy feeling that we will always have our Lombardi trophy, no matter how long ago, we still have one! I mean ya’all have a record, 4 straight SB loses, but I guess beer is the one thing that can sooth that wound.

Well, now I am here, and I look forward to a great Dolphin/Bills rivalry this 2004 season. I just hope the MODS here are not as flakey as the ones on Finheaven
                          Just like a typical Dolphins fan. Always living in the past.

Congrats on that Super bowl win! FROM 30 YEARS AGO.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by samhain1961

Does anyone else out there know when the exclusive deal between Direct TV & the NFL Sunday Ticket expires?
                            I know they just resigned the deal about two years ago, but can't recall for how long.
                            I would think that once it does though, that the NFL will decide to let the cable industry in on the deal. It would seem that there's just too much additional revenue out there for them to go exclusive with Direct TV again.
                            What with the high definition channels that they're offering along with VOD & their packaging their services with highspeed internet etc. making cable the better deal now, I would think that once the pact between the NFL & Direct TV expires, the cable industry will fight like hell to get their piece of the Sunday Ticket pie.

You can read about the deal Here

Direct TV signed a 5 year- 2 Billion dollar deal- but the exclusive rights to the NFL Ticket expire when the current TV contract runs out after the 2005 season.

It's still up in the air if the NFL even wants the games on local cable- in fear that folks would rather stay home and watch better games instead of trudging out to a cold stadium to watch the local team go 6-10

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by #1NY PhinFan

You know what man that Super bowl win happened 5 years before I was even born so my only memories of the Dolphins are ones of losing and choking on the playoffs, but if you are content with that good for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X