PDA

View Full Version : bertuzzi

realmendontwearteal
03-10-2004, 11:17 PM
What do you think will be his suspenison that gets annoucned at 9am tommrow?

SkateZilla
03-10-2004, 11:35 PM
2 years is the Rumor I've Heard Thru Phone Calls From FRiends In Canada.

Twistmyarm
03-11-2004, 06:30 AM
There is no way it is going to be 2 years....that would be absolutley F'n ridiculous!

If anyone feels that would be a just punishment they are not truly a hockey fan and have never played the game at a high enough level of competition to comprehend what transpired.

I said it once and I'll say it again...

What happended was horrible, Bert should be punished BIG TIME! But you do not end a guy's career for a punch, c'mon people, stop with the witch hunt bull****!

There have been fights in the NHL since Moses was playing junior A's. It's part of the game. If you are one of the ones that scream about getting rid of fighting in hockey cause it has no place...then again you don't really understand the game.

Bert never meant to hurt him, it was only meant to be a fight, a little payback to even the score for one of his teamates, yes a little late after, but still.....remember when Draper got plowed into the boards by Claude Lemieux breaking Drapers jaw screwing up his face, I think broken cheek broken jawbone as well. There was bad blood and payback for years between those two teams, and come to think about it I don't think Lemieux even got suspended...and he used his stick!

Look at Domi's brutal elbow the other year on Neidermeyer..that was just as bad, if not worse, but nobody burned down the cities and rioted when he didn't get kicked out of the NHL, and he;s the dirtiest Goddamn player in the game...Bert is a quality player with a great future ahead of him and eveyone is screaming for his head.

Give me a ****ing break, Don't scream to me about assault charges or charging Brad May, or ending Bert's career...There have been cheap shots since hockey started, this one was no worse than the ones that came before it. He feels bad, he regrets his actions and I'm sure will learn from this....punish him, and let him get on with his life and career...

Jesus Christ people...Dany Heatly killed Snyder with his actions, and I see he's back in a sweater.....

The Spaz
03-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by SkateZilla
2 years is the Rumor I've Heard Thru Phone Calls From FRiends In Canada.

You know what we do to rumor spreaders that are BS don't youu.......:fattony:

Twistmyarm
03-11-2004, 06:43 AM
oh and to back up my theroy on cheap shots and bad blood from the early years of hockey...

This puts it in perspective

Top 10 hockey violent moments (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/columns/top10/hockey_lowlights.html)

Byt he way D....it was Wayne Maki...he made this list with his stick incident

Eddie Shore crushes a guy's skull and ends his career and the All Star game comes out of it, and Eddie Shore is one of the greatest hockey players of all time....Hmmmm Interesting, Guess they should have kicked him out and thrown him in jail too....who knows maybe Toe Blake was conspiring with him....